MVP AFLCA Voting Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that 2 opposing coaches could have such different perspectives.

Wonder which was which...
Can only be explained as certain players playing their role or reaching the expectations set out by the coaching group.
Ie, Masten could be getting close to votes each week by sticking tackles as that makes a hell of a difference to his game.

Excellent effort for Yeo to be where he is. No signs of slowing down so he could build quite a lead at the top.

Without wanting to get a priddis debate started here I think his lack of votes is partially a reflection of his form but also a shift in strategy to reduce our reliance on him. He's more a role type player rather than our main midfielder and that can only be a good thing

My guess is Simmo would be aware of how sore Gaff is and respects how hard he's pushing himself to provide an option. Beveridge more likely to be frustrated at how often Yeo broke down their attacks than give BOG to a player who trades in uncontested possessions

The strange arse votes would be Beveridge I would wager, weird unit.
Have a look through our own votes thread for the Bulldogs game - it's quite a mix and that's just picking our own players without factoring in any Bulldogs players

Without wanting to get a priddis debate started here I think his lack of votes is partially a reflection of his form but also a shift in strategy to reduce our reliance on him. He's more a role type player rather than our main midfielder and that can only be a good thing
Mmmm so where will we rest him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Yeo could stop making those few stupid decisions/disposal errors a game he'd be a shoe-in for the Brownlow.

I think he cost us two goals in that last quarter from turn overs from the half back line?
Nope

First goal resulted from Vardy spilling a mark near half forward that the Bulldogs cleared, switched across half back where Daniel cleaned up from a marking / ground ball contest involving Yeo and Lecras. Daniel opened us up with a nice pass and Wood ran into goal

Their second goal of the last quarter started from a clearance from a boundary line throw in after gaff fumbled the ball on the wing and was then pressured into a dribble kick that could easily have been called as deliberate

They only kicked two goals for the quarter

HERALD SUN PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Rory Sloane (Adelaide) — 12

Dustin Martin (Richmond) — 11

Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs) — 10

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) — 8

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — 8

Zach Merrett (Essendon) — 8

Tom Mitchell (Hawthorn) — 8

THE AGE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — 46

Rory Sloane (Adelaide) — 40

Josh Kelly (GWS Giants) — 39

Brad Ebert (Port Adelaide) — 39

Seb Ross (St Kilda) — 39

Matt Crouch (Adelaide) — 38

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — 38

Andrew Gaff (West Coast) — 36

TRIPLE M PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide) — 8

Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide) — 8

Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood) — 8

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — 8

Jeremy Cameron (GWS Giants) — 8

SEN PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Dustin Martin (Richmond) — 9

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — 9

Joel Selwood (Geelong) — 9

Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide) — 9

Seb Ross (St Kilda) — 9

Dylan Roberton (St Kilda) — 8

Elliot Yeo (West Coast) — 8

Rory Sloane (Adelaide) — 8

3AW PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — 24

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — 23

Seb Ross (St Kilda) — 23

Rory Sloane (Adelaide) — 20

Dustin Martin (Richmond) — 19

Tom Mitchell (Hawthorn) — 19

Luke Shuey (West Coast) — 18

CROWNBET MARKET

Rory Sloane (Adelaide) — $5

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) — $5.50

Dustin Martin (Richmond) — $7

Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs) — $10

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — $15

Zach Merrett (Essendon) — $21

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — $21

Nat Fyfe (Fremantle) — $23

Joel Selwood (Geelong) — $26

Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide) — $26

Interesting how different media sources rate our players. Good to see shuey on board, but WTF is wrong with age with gaff and so surprised no one rated Yeo for most other media outlets.

Nope

First goal resulted from Vardy spilling a mark near half forward that the Bulldogs cleared, switched across half back where Daniel cleaned up from a marking / ground ball contest involving Yeo and Lecras. Daniel opened us up with a nice pass and Wood ran into goal

Their second goal of the last quarter started from a clearance from a boundary line throw in after gaff fumbled the ball on the wing and was then pressured into a dribble kick that could easily have been called as deliberate

They only kicked two goals for the quarter
Ah I see, I do remember him turning the ball over and then a bulldogs player kicked it straight back to him, but then I swear I remember that he turned the ball over and they were in a really good position to score.. but must not have

Some of the desperate plays that he and Gov made in that last quarter in order to stop them going forward were ridiculous.

Ah I see, I do remember him turning the ball over and then a bulldogs player kicked it straight back to him, but then I swear I remember that he turned the ball over and they were in a really good position to score.. but must not have

Some of the desperate plays that he and Gov made in that last quarter in order to stop them going forward were ridiculous.
yeah we were. i still remember losing it at him.

HERALD SUN PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Dustin Martin (Richmond) — 11

Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs) — 10

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) — 8

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — 8

Tom Mitchell (Hawthorn) — 8

THE AGE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — 46

Rory Sloane (Adelaide) — 40

Josh Kelly (GWS Giants) — 39

Brad Ebert (Port Adelaide) — 39

Seb Ross (St Kilda) — 39

Matt Crouch (Adelaide) — 38

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — 38

Andrew Gaff (West Coast) — 36

TRIPLE M PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide) — 8

Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide) — 8

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — 8

Jeremy Cameron (GWS Giants) — 8

SEN PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Dustin Martin (Richmond) — 9

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — 9

Joel Selwood (Geelong) — 9

Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide) — 9

Seb Ross (St Kilda) — 9

Dylan Roberton (St Kilda) — 8

Elliot Yeo (West Coast) — 8

Rory Sloane (Adelaide) — 8

3AW PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — 24

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — 23

Seb Ross (St Kilda) — 23

Rory Sloane (Adelaide) — 20

Dustin Martin (Richmond) — 19

Tom Mitchell (Hawthorn) — 19

Luke Shuey (West Coast) — 18

CROWNBET MARKET

Rory Sloane (Adelaide) — $5

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong) — $5.50

Dustin Martin (Richmond) — $7

Marcus Bontempelli (Western Bulldogs) — $10

Gary Ablett (Gold Coast) — $15

Zach Merrett (Essendon) — $21

Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) — $21

Nat Fyfe (Fremantle) — $23

Joel Selwood (Geelong) — $26

Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide) — $26

Interesting how different media sources rate our players. Good to see shuey on board, but WTF is wrong with age with gaff and so surprised no one rated Yeo for most other media outlets.
Interesting that Clayton Oliver is so high in the Crown Market. Thought the reason Yeo isn't there is because of the first breakout season

The Age one is rubbish. Clear stat analysis without bothering to watch games. No Eagles in the top 20 except Gaff. Oliver on top (which obviously is completely unprecedented).

I would disregard it for the rest of the season.

The Age one is rubbish. Clear stat analysis without bothering to watch games. No Eagles in the top 20 except Gaff. Oliver on top (which obviously is completely unprecedented).

I would disregard it for the rest of the season.
Not like they have anyone left working there, probably a complete robo stat job.

Unsurprisingly no votes for any Eagles players this weekend so no change to the club leaderboard

Eliot Yeo has also lost first place on the overall lead as Rory Sloane received 4 votes for his game to reclaim the lead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back