AFLPA - Time to represent the other 17 clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

the players deserve representation from the AFLPA.... and there are clear efficiencies in the association arranging the training facility, negotiating on behalf of the affected players

but the convicted players should pay their own way and not be cross subsidised by the players that did not cheat the system

By supporting the suspended 34 players, how are they actively not supporting the players at other clubs?

I see what you did there....

I find it hard to believe that even you can, with a straight face, support the proposition that convicted drug cheats should be given high level assistance which is not available to anyone else.

It's ludicrous. As has been pretty much every aspect of the AFLPA "contribution" on this issue.

By supporting the suspended 34 players, how are they actively not supporting the players at other clubs?

There are 650+ players who aren't dumb asses who went along with random injections, they should support them.

For the 34 players, they should admit how education should improve etc, but they will still support the players in the meantime. Not bend over backwards to make them all feel warm and fuzzy and give them preferential treatment.

There are 650+ players who aren't dumb asses who went along with random injections, they should support them.

For the 34 players, they should admit how education should improve etc, but they will still support the players in the meantime. Not bend over backwards to make them all feel warm and fuzzy and give them preferential treatment.
cheats or not, they are still AFLPA members. Isnt it reasonable they help the players through their bans in the best way possible so they can return to football better prepared?

All unions support their members..collectively and individually. It's in their DNA.

Let's look at the CFMEU. Do you think they wouldn't defend their bosses who have been lambasted in the TURC? Of course they would. They have lawyers and whatever else available to them to do so, despite what some might think of the union and it's membership.

There is a similar principle in place here. If there wasn't a players union, then those players out for a year would stand little no chance of being able to do much at all, legally or otherwise. I'm sure if you asked the players from the other clubs, they would expect the same support under the exact same circumstances.

All unions support their members..collectively and individually. It's in their DNA.

Let's look at the CFMEU. Do you think they wouldn't defend their bosses who have been lambasted in the TURC? Of course they would. They have lawyers and whatever else available to them to do so, despite what some might think of the union and it's membership.

There's a nice middle of the road example. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheats or not, they are still AFLPA members. Isnt it reasonable they help the players through their bans in the best way possible so they can return to football better prepared?
Exactly what sort of message is sent when youR players have been found GUILTY OF DOPING, but are still being paid THEIR ENTIRE WAGE and will be sent off to an overseas training facility on AFL coin in order to return to football BETTER PREPARED?

Exactly what sort of message is sent when youR players have been found GUILTY OF DOPING, but are still being paid THEIR ENTIRE WAGE and will be sent off to an overseas training facility on AFL coin in order to return to football BETTER PREPARED?
Wether you like it or not, thats the way the unions run.

I think it stinks, but thats the way they role.

I'm waiting for the AFLPA to look after players like Hunter when they want to find out what was administered, rather than let the AFL & EFC try and make him cover the costs

well for starters it's in the AFL's interest for these players be given a chance to return after they have been punished appropriately. And who else would be better to support them than their own association who Im sure theyve have been paying membership fees to for years?

There is a similar principle in place here. If there wasn't a players union, then those players out for a year would stand little no chance of being able to do much at all, legally or otherwise. I'm sure if you asked the players from the other clubs, they would expect the same support under the exact same circumstances.

Pazza,

I don’t think any union has found itself in a comparable situation where a small group of union members have sought to use a prohibited method of gaining a competitive advantage over other members.

Regards

S. Pete

Cause they're cheats. They cheated against the other players.
How can you not see this Mxett? The AFLPA should be protecting the majority of its members from the cheats, and should be protecting the players involved from the actions of the club that put them in this situation.

Instead, it's minimising the effect to the club and the AFL, and to hell with every other stakeholder.

SERIOUS POST INCOMINGGGGG WHHOOOAAAA

Ok, So now it's official, EFC are drug cheats.

Since that aspect is now out of the AFLs control, it's free to do what it tried to do during the last 3 years and protect it's brand unashamedly.

Being one of the clubs with a larger supporter base, of course it's within the AFLs best interest to prop EFC back up.

This AFLPA funding is the first of many things it will do to help EFC back to being at least middle of the road and not receiving 100 point belting every week.

And you lot think they're gonna deny them of pick 1 if they win the spoon?? Please.

well for starters it's in the AFL's interest for these players be given a chance to return after they have been punished appropriately. And who else would be better to support them than their own association who Im sure theyve have been paying membership fees to for years?
14.12 Status During Ineligibility
(a) Prohibition Against Participation During Ineligibility No Player or other Person who has been declared Ineligible may, during the period of Ineligibility, participate in any capacity in a competition or activity (other than authorised anti-doping education or rehabilitation programs) authorised by the AFL or AFL Clubs, any Signatory or Signatory’s member organisation or a club or other member organisation of a Signatory’s member organisation, or in competitions organised by any professional league or any international or national level event organisation

So I guess the AFLPA must obviously not be a member organisation of the AFL, or else this would be completely at odds with the AFL anti-doping code.

Either that, or the AFL is just ignoring the rules again...

The AFLPA has been compromised throughout this issue. They lack the balls to stand independently against club hierarchies and the AFL.

I am happy that they help organise training but the costs should be payed for by the players.
When they start talking about the players innocence it throws a spanner into the integrity works. They are not there there to interpret or judge other organisations and thier decisions. They players have been found guilty of cheating by use of drugs. If they cannot acknowledge this they are part of the problem.
They need to be supportive of anything that will stop drug use in sport and therefore protecting thier members.
At the moment they are deluding themselves that the players are innocent. Look out for thier welfare but remember these players tried to rort the system at the risk of the players health and the integrity of football.

I don't give a s**t what is in the AFL's best interest. Furthermore, how much of a punishment is it if they get paid their wage and then sent as a group on AFL coin to receive the best pre-season a team could get. Give me a break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back