Aflq News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangoplah Cookardinia United Eastlakes Goannas (MCUE) are looking for prospective players for the upcoming season. Mangoplah is situated approximately 32kms South of Wagga Wagga in inland NSW.
Mangoplah participates in the Riverina Football League which is the strongest league in the Riverina MIA region. The club has a proud history and with our strong junior base are looking to add to that in 2010.
The goannas have retained all players from last year and appointed two more and feel that a couple more experienced footballers would help us take the next step.

The club has available a large number of job opportunities in Wagga Wagga including solicitor, scaffolder, carpenter, farm manager, physiotherapist, metal fabricator, draftsperson and a large number of other trades.

A senior coaching position is also available...

Anyone interested in becoming part of a tight knit footy club, in a strong competition, with good support please send me a private message with your credentials and we will continue discussions from there

Mangoplah Cookardinia United Eastlakes Goannas (MCUE) are looking for prospective players for the upcoming season. Mangoplah is situated approximately 32kms South of Wagga Wagga in inland NSW.
Mangoplah participates in the Riverina Football League which is the strongest league in the Riverina MIA region. The club has a proud history and with our strong junior base are looking to add to that in 2010.
The goannas have retained all players from last year and appointed two more and feel that a couple more experienced footballers would help us take the next step.

The club has available a large number of job opportunities in Wagga Wagga including solicitor, scaffolder, carpenter, farm manager, physiotherapist, metal fabricator, draftsperson and a large number of other trades.

A senior coaching position is also available...

Anyone interested in becoming part of a tight knit footy club, in a strong competition, with good support please send me a private message with your credentials and we will continue discussions from there

Is there a chance that the goannas had another well known Queensland footballer, Barry O'Brien, playing for them in the past?

Would like to know about a player Luke Jenkins he played at Southport, he signed with a club in Melb that play in the Eastern Football League. Is he a good get?

Would like to know about a player Luke Jenkins he played at Southport, he signed with a club in Melb that play in the Eastern Football League. Is he a good get?

Quality player but his best years are probably behind him.... played in 3/4 Premeirships at the Sharks..

I hear Ryan Thomson has signed with the vultures also.
Played with GC17 last year and had senior experience as 17 yr old with zillmere in 08.

should be a handy addition you would think.

alot of young talent floating around dittmer park.
future looks bright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they have any cash to throw around??? They have usually struggled to find some.... Tough to compete with the other more weathier clubs.... Southport Shark are swimming in it???

Matt Argus from Aspley to NT. Another wonderful piece of retention. For every one of these Victorian recruits they have apparently signed, they seem to be losing one quality local.

Matt Argus from Aspley to NT. Another wonderful piece of retention. For every one of these Victorian recruits they have apparently signed, they seem to be losing one quality local.

Surely, you are joking! Has this been confirmed or just another rumour?

Can't believe that Argus, who is (was) such an Aspley person would not have stayed, particularly as they are recruiting so strongly.

The Hornets have now lost Schultz and Hill, and two Qld State Reps in Tapp and apparently Argus (plus Matthews). My mail is that there might another ex-State U/21 on the move.

If this is true, then the issues at Aspley are much deeper than even I thought. Despite the positives coming from the Aspley faithful, you would have to think there needs to be a total review of how the football dept is run there. :confused:

Williams def to Redlands, Brodie Shade maybe Redlands
Add Weightman. Where are the Panahos, McIvor, Dylan Reid.
4 out of 4 State 21's in total departing

Yep state U21 Adrian Williams already signed at Redlands.

They're dropping like flies at Aspley, hopefully for their sake they are at least pulling in some very good players as replacements.

aspley should be able to cover a few of these losses with the addition of probably better players in dan roy, jamie sheehan, sean tighe, tyson hardwick, bryce carroll, sam carpenter, matt trewhella etc. (with more still to be named from what i hear). looking like a stronger aspley side than last year on paper. will wait to see how they can compete however...

aspley should be able to cover a few of these losses with the addition of probably better players in dan roy, jamie sheehan, sean tighe, tyson hardwick, bryce carroll, sam carpenter, matt trewhella etc. (with more still to be named from what i hear). looking like a stronger aspley side than last year on paper. will wait to see how they can compete however...

Stinger - you're missing the point. Well done to Aspley for bringing new blood to the club and QAFL. BUT, why are the high profile recruits from last year also leaving the club along with a host of others?

It no good recruiting if you only get one year and they move on!!!

from aspley's website, seems most have committed to two year deals. in terms of those leaving, i guess it could come down to finishing second last and that a lot of these new players have been signed so late in the piece which may have had current players concerned that it would be the same squad in 2010.

Yep state U21 Adrian Williams already signed at Redlands.

They're dropping like flies at Aspley, hopefully for their sake they are at least pulling in some very good players as replacements.

tapp, mathews and argus(if true) are big loses but,

they have been replaced with quality players.
tighe is b&f winner and tac cup team of the year 2009
sheehan and roy played in premiership side in GV league
carroll is off the essendon rookie list
carpenter and hartwig are very good o&m league players, i believe carpenter is rated in the top 10players in the comp
trewella is a rep player down in geelong league
my mai is a few more signings to come in the next few days.
exciting times at Aspley

One of those signings wouldn't be Matt Shir from Wodonga Bulldogs???

Very handy player if true

tapp, mathews and argus(if true) are big loses but,

they have been replaced with quality players.
tighe is b&f winner and tac cup team of the year 2009
sheehan and roy played in premiership side in GV league
carroll is off the essendon rookie list
carpenter and hartwig are very good o&m league players, i believe carpenter is rated in the top 10players in the comp
trewella is a rep player down in geelong league
my mai is a few more signings to come in the next few days.
exciting times at Aspley

Any quality key position players left / recruited to Aspley?

It will be tough for them to try and gel all of these new players. Historically this sort of recruiting is only successful if there is a core group of players retained at the club. I guess you have to start somewhere though.

No disrespect to Aspley but is there any other recruiting news?

A few clubs maybe flying under the radar...

What have Broady, Labrador, Morningside etc been up to?

I have mail that Gibson is not playing at Morningside next season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back