AFLQ Premier Division

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Coorparoo Roos, great club Mayne and Coorparoo had a great rivalry in the 60's and beyond. My son played for Coorparoo juniors down at Giffin Park 2003-2006 great bunch of people It brought back memories of watching some great games between Mayne and Coorparoo at Giffin park.
Ironically my very 1st game for Mayne Juniors 35 years ago was against Coorparoo, excuse my rant guys.:thumbsu:

Don't apologise the point of discussion forums is discussion. Positive memories are always good to read about.

Cleve Hughes is a big unit and was pretty dominant in the QAFL (represented QLD) last year before hurting his ankle. Interesting to hear from you guys how he went. I am going to head down to Palmy Noosa, should be a good game. Incidently QLD playing WA over there tomorrow. Hopefully the boys put in a good show, but a tough gig.

cheekydino

Rookie
May 18, 2011
brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saw sandgate beat grange after trailing by 5 goals at half time. grange lost it in the 3rd quarter going with the wind and kicked 3 or 4 points to sandgates 20 odd. no run from grange and many mistakes played too much on the clubhouse side, the defensive wing where i was viewing from. nuss very good along with number 27 appears young and fabian very good. i may eat my words from a former post when i said sandgate a mature squad not likely to feature in the gf, but dickfos did not play. hawks the side to beat while grange should not be written off

kwhit

Team Captain
Mar 17, 2011
brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Palmy Noosa didnt quiet live up to expectations. Noosa were clearly off there game. Not sure you can put it down to anything in particular other than the 3 hour bus ride. Nothing should be taken away from palmy, moved the ball very well and forward line looked very dangerous. Huge question marks over Noosa's back line! Would you agree Noosa boy? When you consider Round, Dyson and Hards still to come into that side they look more than capable of deep september action. L Mathews would have to be the best player in comp imo. trompf wasnt usual self and showed with palmy ruckman winning most taps but mathews cleared it more than his share quality player. Noosa forwards struggled hard to tell if it was poor delivery or if palmy backman beat them! would lean towards the latter but delivery was definatly poor. Noosa have huge game next week against hawks and will have to lift their game plenty if they are going to be competitive. All in all not a bad game by any stretch just not what you would expect. Palmy very very good!

noosaboy

Club Legend
Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
AFL Club
Collingwood
Palmy Noosa didnt quiet live up to expectations. Noosa were clearly off there game. Not sure you can put it down to anything in particular other than the 3 hour bus ride. Nothing should be taken away from palmy, moved the ball very well and forward line looked very dangerous. Huge question marks over Noosa's back line! Would you agree Noosa boy? When you consider Round, Dyson and Hards still to come into that side they look more than capable of deep september action. L Mathews would have to be the best player in comp imo. trompf wasnt usual self and showed with palmy ruckman winning most taps but mathews cleared it more than his share quality player. Noosa forwards struggled hard to tell if it was poor delivery or if palmy backman beat them! would lean towards the latter but delivery was definatly poor. Noosa have huge game next week against hawks and will have to lift their game plenty if they are going to be competitive. All in all not a bad game by any stretch just not what you would expect. Palmy very very good!
Yeah kwit,agree wholeheartedly.Our backline will be stretched by tall power forwards such as those in sides like Palmy and Sandgate.i didn`t see the game but from all reports our onballers were good (isles,matthews,mckinntrick and Trompf) but our 2 big forwards outplayed.Got Sandgate at home this weekend which is a huge game.A loss and we may find ourselves in equal 6th position with Surfers.

kwhit

Team Captain
Mar 17, 2011
brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well we have just passed the half way point would anyone like to refresh there calls from start of year

GF:palmy v Maggpies
league medal:L Mathews/B Horn
Goal Kicking: Sullivan
MVP: L Mathews/ L Faulkner (I think this is voted on a 321 basis from opp coaches for each sides MVP? eg Mathews 3 Isels 2 brauer 1)
Bill Ryan: J Drake/M Petitt

Any other awards you can think of post your thoughts!

kwhit

Team Captain
Mar 17, 2011
brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Here just to refresh your memory. p.s this is not my orginal work it s somebody else's.

Premiers: PBC
Wooden Spooners: Mayne... although I hope they don't
League Medal: A league Newcomber from Palmy
Biggest Improver from 10: Maggies obviously, but Springwood from the other teams
Biggest Slider from 10: The talk is Maroochy
Goal Kicker: Dane Frew
Most under-rated player: Cubby Isles/ Dan Green
Most over-rated player: ???
Most loyal player in the league: Housego
Toughest bloke in the league: ???
Biggest Sook in the league: s364 is in danger of taking that crown

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Well we have just passed the half way point would anyone like to refresh there calls from start of year

GF:palmy v Maggpies
league medal:L Mathews/B Horn
Goal Kicking: Sullivan
MVP: L Mathews/ L Faulkner (I think this is voted on a 321 basis from opp coaches for each sides MVP? eg Mathews 3 Isels 2 brauer 1)
Bill Ryan: J Drake/M Petitt

Any other awards you can think of post your thoughts!

league medal. mark skuse

Sir G

Club Legend
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
mayne tigers
Round 11 tips

Mayne v Surfers
Springwood v Grange
PBC v Maroochy
Noosa v Sandgate
Burleigh v Cooly

Sir G

Club Legend
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
mayne tigers
round 10 results
Magpie Boy 40
Switchnplay 40
Speedyunit 39
2010Premier 38
Tiger G 38
Warner/Parts 34
Cheekydino 15

thebazza

Rookie
Jan 27, 2011
Maroochydore
AFL Club
Richmond
Big game for the Tigers this wknd, will give them a fair indication of where they are at atm i think. Coach is flapping, calling on all the old school " look in each others eye and deliver speaches". Full back out for the Tiges, big ask. May not be pretty but if they are to stamp there print on the comp this year surely it has to be this week in a home game!!?? Is Dickfos back?? Game over for the Tiges if he is some of us think. They still have not found a way to stop him... Dot think he can be!! ha ha. Any thoughts?

switchingplay

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2011
Sunny Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
If Sandgate can get enough footy frd Noosa will struggle to contain i would think. No big key defenders to contain Forbes and no one to run with Walker. According to preview Dickfos not playing. Bovalino only one that really provides any run of HB, others are only stoppers. On the flip side if Noosa win the midfield and get it to Brewster and Frew Sandgate will have their work cut out. Should be a good game, from all reports Noosa completely outplayed last week and the Hawks on a 9 game winning streak, if Tiges lose could drop out. of five for 1st time in long time.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If Sandgate can get enough footy frd Noosa will struggle to contain i would think. No big key defenders to contain Forbes and no one to run with Walker. According to preview Dickfos not playing. Bovalino only one that really provides any run of HB, others are only stoppers. On the flip side if Noosa win the midfield and get it to Brewster and Frew Sandgate will have their work cut out. Should be a good game, from all reports Noosa completely outplayed last week and the Hawks on a 9 game winning streak, if Tiges lose could drop out. of five for 1st time in long time.

Didn't happen much in your day mate:D

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Big game for the Tigers this wknd, will give them a fair indication of where they are at atm i think. Coach is flapping, calling on all the old school " look in each others eye and deliver speaches". Full back out for the Tiges, big ask. May not be pretty but if they are to stamp there print on the comp this year surely it has to be this week in a home game!!?? Is Dickfos back?? Game over for the Tiges if he is some of us think. They still have not found a way to stop him... Dot think he can be!! ha ha. Any thoughts?

Does that crap work these days Bazza?? Most blokes do it then laugh when the coach isn't looking I find!!:p

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon

isn't it. "if we score more than them. we're a chance of winning" or "win won for the gipper"

Roadkill

Debutant
Sep 9, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United
Rohan Cash back to the gorillas if the rumours are true.

Does that really surprise anyone, Did his ego get to him again. He was playing in the ressies three weeks for Mt Gravatt. He wouldn't like that. Whats that 4 clubs in 3 years.

Sir G

Club Legend
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
mayne tigers
WOW! Did anyone expect Noosa beating Sandgate by 87pts>

thebazza

Rookie
Jan 27, 2011
Maroochydore
AFL Club
Richmond
Does that crap work these days Bazza?? Most blokes do it then laugh when the coach isn't looking I find!!:p
Yes, and i heard there was a lot of kicking the grass and yawning as well!!
But seriously, i have to eat my words. The Tigers defence stood up massively given there injuries. Forward line with Brewster and Critter were just dominant. Mathews was at his best, and i thought Storrer backed up well in the ruck as well as popping up forward. Not sure what personel the Hawks had out other than Dickfos but wow, the Tigers were on fire today. Inaccurate kicking stopped a flooging. But good on the Tigers. The old school speach must have done something hey!! lol. And the Tiger least scored on back for Noosa played his 100th today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back