AFLQ Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a long time Pineapple Hotel Cup watcher Im curious to see if it is just me.......or if the standard of umpiring has dropped off dramatically this year........I watched a game on the weekend that was so overumpired it bordered on being a farce and .....In a competion that has improved in leaps and bounds over the past three to four years it seems a shame to watch this happen on an all too regular basis..........Im interested to see if this is a shared view or if Im just being too harsh a judge...........

If you are referring to the Mayne v Sandgate game I would agree with your comments. The fact that neither umpire even attempted a centre bounce should mean that they can go no higher.
Hope there was an Umpire's coach present so we can all rest easy in knowing this was part of their learning curve but I fear that will not be the case.

If you are referring to the Mayne v Sandgate game I would agree with your comments. The fact that neither umpire even attempted a centre bounce should mean that they can go no higher.
Hope there was an Umpire's coach present so we can all rest easy in knowing this was part of their learning curve but I fear that will not be the case.
I also have noticed this on many games gone by, never see a senior umpire with young kids and at the break no one to steer them in the right direction, a lack of umpire direction obviously a lack of umpires, goal umpires doing both games resys and firsts. Who is the umpire director?

Geez for a Roos supporter youve got some good inside info there mate!! ha ha. "Coach in waiting" might be the case. But surely if their coach is stepping down you would at least advertise for the position to see who is available. And is he stepping down, not being reistated or has the club seen enough. I guess only the coach and the commitee know that. Makes for some fun posts before the year is out. One thing is for sure from a lot of people have seen this year. The jury is still out on whether the Tigers are up to last years team, but they do seem to have some systems in place that work when played too. So the question begs, is this the coach's doing or the "coach in waiting"?? Time will tell, but great win by the Tigers on the wknd. That form will see them threatening again this year.
The senior job at noosa will be advertised at the appropriate time.Their is no coach in waiting and all applicants will be looked upon equally.Obviously if a current assistant wishes to apply you`d think he may have an advantage already being a part of the senior group however,as with 4 years ago,we will have many well credentialed applicants from across the nation as it seems to be a pretty sought after country coaching position.Fletch has done a top job,3rd,r/up then a Flag and ofcourse all our efforts are headed toward going back to back and the boys are just starting to click into gear so not out of the question IMO.Sandgate seems to have the back end of a ridiculous draw coming into the finals,Grange should finish on top barring a betting scandal and Palmy,noosa and magpies should also come home strong.Be interesting to see how it all unfolds

The senior job at noosa will be advertised at the appropriate time.Their is no coach in waiting and all applicants will be looked upon equally.Obviously if a current assistant wishes to apply you`d think he may have an advantage already being a part of the senior group however,as with 4 years ago,we will have many well credentialed applicants from across the nation as it seems to be a pretty sought after country coaching position.Fletch has done a top job,3rd,r/up then a Flag and ofcourse all our efforts are headed toward going back to back and the boys are just starting to click into gear so not out of the question IMO.Sandgate seems to have the back end of a ridiculous draw coming into the finals,Grange should finish on top barring a betting scandal and Palmy,noosa and magpies should also come home strong.Be interesting to see how it all unfolds

I've seen Fletch coach at least six games. Other than saying Ok and teaching the players how to mark, kick and tackle all he does is rant and end each sentence with Ok. Ok.
Yes he has won a flag at Noosa, but if he was a good coach I've heard the tigers might have won three!
It looks like to me he rants and raves then the more senior players take control.
That's how they won the flag. Not from good coaching.

I've seen Fletch coach at least six games. Other than saying Ok and teaching the players how to mark, kick and tackle all he does is rant and end each sentence with Ok. Ok.
Yes he has won a flag at Noosa, but if he was a good coach I've heard the tigers might have won three!
It looks like to me he rants and raves then the more senior players take control.
That's how they won the flag. Not from good coaching.

Dont think your alone with those thoughts. Still the Tigers are reigning premiers and doing ok. Good coach or bad coach he will always be 2010 Premiership coach. As to if they would have won more or less with or without him, no one will know. Be great to see Hicks back if theres a change though..

Dont think your alone with those thoughts. Still the Tigers are reigning premiers and doing ok. Good coach or bad coach he will always be 2010 Premiership coach. As to if they would have won more or less with or without him, no one will know. Be great to see Hicks back if theres a change though..

Always the $64 question isn't it with footy clubs - what difference did the coach make to overall success. Winning last years premiership wasn't a given so he obviously has done ok there BUT with 4 Qld Country reps in the side + a handful of many others incl their B&F winner, it was simply a star studded line up.
I reckon Brett Maloney would have loved to have had the player list on hand over the past 3 years but good luck to Fletcher.

Now "coach in waiting" - glad you dispelled that w***erism Noosaboy.

Hi, I am a new member to this forum and keep my eye over all qld footy, just wondering if anyone knows the B&F winners from each club last year and who is on the money to take it out this year?

Being a long time Pineapple Hotel Cup watcher Im curious to see if it is just me.......or if the standard of umpiring has dropped off dramatically this year........I watched a game on the weekend that was so overumpired it bordered on being a farce and .....In a competion that has improved in leaps and bounds over the past three to four years it seems a shame to watch this happen on an all too regular basis..........Im interested to see if this is a shared view or if Im just being too harsh a judge...........

I have noticed an increase in free kiks and generally over umpiring in several Pinneapple Cup matches this year and at times I am regularly left bewildered to why a free kick has or hasn't been paid. With mostly the same personal umpiring as previous years it appears to me that the umpires may have been given a directive to become more involved, hence finding more free kicks. The umpires are certainly communicating with the play more this season.

Another easy win by the Tigers over Sufers. Explosive first half and coasted the second half. Mathews injured, not sure how bad but if its a muscle injury he will be out for weeks!!! Pectoral injury will be out for months!!! lol. Surfers new coach spoke well, has a plan just wasnt thier day. Tigers did what they needed to do, inefficient kicking into there forward line in the first 1/4 cost them 4 goals plus but im sure the boys were happy to avenge an earlier loss this year.

took the Coast to Coast drive in anticipation of another Demon upset, Tiger's were certaily a class above and are in good shape to defend their title. Best team I have seen this year.

Round 13 tips

Burleigh v PBC
Maroochy v Sprongwood
Surfers v W/Grange
Noosa v Mayne
Cooly v W/Magpies

Always the $64 question isn't it with footy clubs - what difference did the coach make to overall success. Winning last years premiership wasn't a given so he obviously has done ok there BUT with 4 Qld Country reps in the side + a handful of many others incl their B&F winner, it was simply a star studded line up.
I reckon Brett Maloney would have loved to have had the player list on hand over the past 3 years but good luck to Fletcher.

Now "coach in waiting" - glad you dispelled that w***erism Noosaboy.
Yeah agree on afew points there regarding Fletch.However stats don`t lie and he has now coached 5 senior premierships so must do something right.He did recruit Page,brain and brauer in 2010 who were all very instrumental in the tigers winning a flag.Thats the job of a coach,recruiting, so has been very successfull in doing that.As for brett maloney,IMO he is a superb coach who with the same list would have acheived the same result.It was only his assistants that let him down.Past players reunion at noosa next weekend from 5pm after maroochy game.All welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agree on afew points there regarding Fletch.However stats don`t lie and he has now coached 5 senior premierships so must do something right.He did recruit Page,brain and brauer in 2010 who were all very instrumental in the tigers winning a flag.Thats the job of a coach,recruiting, so has been very successfull in doing that.As for brett maloney,IMO he is a superb coach who with the same list would have acheived the same result.It was only his assistants that let him down.Past players reunion at noosa next weekend from 5pm after maroochy game.All welcome.
Just kidding SMY.IMO a very good partnership well respected by local footballing public up here and rightly so.Doug murray cup from 5pm next saturday at noosa.Spoke to an ex noosa legend today,Mark Vagg who can`t wait.Should be a great night.Would be great to see plenty of Maroochy boys hang around and join in the fun.We have a kareoke organised but if DJ Todd is available,that would be unreal.

What are you fletch's love child Noosa Boy?
Brain only came because of family. Page will never play there again because of him. Breuer likes him because he gets to do what he wants.
Put things in perspective would you!
Blokes play in Noosa because it's a great spot to be in. Not because
some verbally challenged coach gets given a phone number to ring.
Yes you will never be able to take his five flags away. From what I have heard he won the first four when he was a playing coach and an exceptional player, and it was his playing ability that won them not his coaching Now that was in the late 80s and early 90s. It's 2011, things have changed.
Perhaps Tom Hafey is the coach in waiting up there in Noosa?
Why don't you pay him 20k a year to get up with the times?
I'm sure Tom would ring some players too, if you paid his phone bill!

firstly, fletcher didn't recruit bruer. he actually spoke to both Maroochy and Noosa and wanted to know how much we would pay him, and seeing as Maroochy had limited funds and had Ben Matthews, Ryan White, Travis Mills, Owen Bailey, Elliott Hoheneus, King brothers, etc we couldn't see the value in recruiting a midfielder who was only going to play if he got paid.

secondly, love to hang around and talk shop with you noosa boys next week, but unfortunately we have 400 people (including some noosa people) attending our annual club ball at the RSL. Todd is hosting so he is unavailable to. I am sure you will make do...

firstly, fletcher didn't recruit bruer. he actually spoke to both Maroochy and Noosa and wanted to know how much we would pay him, and seeing as Maroochy had limited funds and had Ben Matthews, Ryan White, Travis Mills, Owen Bailey, Elliott Hoheneus, King brothers, etc we couldn't see the value in recruiting a midfielder who was only going to play if he got paid.

secondly, love to hang around and talk shop with you noosa boys next week, but unfortunately we have 400 people (including some noosa people) attending our annual club ball at the RSL. Todd is hosting so he is unavailable to. I am sure you will make do...

You are a strange fellow, I love reading the crap the flows out of you mind on to this site.
Firstly Brauer was signed by Fletch, after the Noosa brains trust tried to brush him as they thought he wanted huge dollars, He signed and played for $75 per game, played Qld Rep, Played country champs and aside for the dud umpires reporting him for jumping onto someone's back was an equal league medal winner, he brushed maroochydore as soon as he realised Penut Somerville and you where leading the club nowhere.

Added you couldnt afford $50 a game as ben Matthews was recieving $800! hmmmm interesting the truths that are out there in the football world.

What are you fletch's love child Noosa Boy?
Brain only came because of family. Page will never play there again because of him. Breuer likes him because he gets to do what he wants.
Put things in perspective would you!
Blokes play in Noosa because it's a great spot to be in. Not because
some verbally challenged coach gets given a phone number to ring.
Yes you will never be able to take his five flags away. From what I have heard he won the first four when he was a playing coach and an exceptional player, and it was his playing ability that won them not his coaching Now that was in the late 80s and early 90s. It's 2011, things have changed.
Perhaps Tom Hafey is the coach in waiting up there in Noosa?
Why don't you pay him 20k a year to get up with the times?
I'm sure Tom would ring some players too, if you paid his phone bill!

Blokes stayed at Noosa because Wayne Fletcher was reappointed coach, your another sideline expert that just cant let go, he got a premiership with a disfunctional football club and a commitee that continually tried to stab him in the back. I'd give him credit for having the stones to put up with the rubbish that continues to go on in the Noosa Football Club, and a reason they have had limited success in the past, Maloney was a fantastic Coach, you guy's wanted him out also.

However, credit given to you experts for pooring you money over the bar to keep the club afloat, keep it up, it's entertaining!

Blokes stayed at Noosa because Wayne Fletcher was reappointed coach, your another sideline expert that just cant let go, he got a premiership with a disfunctional football club and a commitee that continually tried to stab him in the back. I'd give him credit for having the stones to put up with the rubbish that continues to go on in the Noosa Football Club, and a reason they have had limited success in the past, Maloney was a fantastic Coach, you guy's wanted him out also.

However, credit given to you experts for pooring you money over the bar to keep the club afloat, keep it up, it's entertaining!

You are way of the mark you peanut. I know nothing about your commitee. What I do know is that you have new clubrooms and you are one of the only financial clubs in the comp. So in your book if that is disfunctionial, you better get your head read.
Do you really beleave that the only reason people stay at a club is because the coach? Coaches and players come and go, but the club will always be there.
Don't get all upset cos someone said some home truths. It's not my fault you play under a coach who still thinks circle work and the 5 star handball drill are the latest training drills.
Why don't you go to the bar and buy your self a powerade, all your donationions goto fletchers retirement plan. If you want some entertainment next time you come down here to play I'll tape his three quarter time talk for you. It will make you laugh.

no worries s36.Gee brew may have been the difference between Roos winning a flag or should i say winning a final.For less than 100 bucks a game i`d say that was terrific value.And 400 people to your ball,thats amazing.Where are they on match days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back