AFLQ Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you fletch's love child Noosa Boy?
Brain only came because of family. Page will never play there again because of him. Breuer likes him because he gets to do what he wants.
Put things in perspective would you!
Blokes play in Noosa because it's a great spot to be in. Not because
some verbally challenged coach gets given a phone number to ring.
Yes you will never be able to take his five flags away. From what I have heard he won the first four when he was a playing coach and an exceptional player, and it was his playing ability that won them not his coaching Now that was in the late 80s and early 90s. It's 2011, things have changed.
Perhaps Tom Hafey is the coach in waiting up there in Noosa?
Why don't you pay him 20k a year to get up with the times?
I'm sure Tom would ring some players too, if you paid his phone bill!
Gee old rooster,fletch must have rung you up the wrong way.Thats a chilling response.Not sure where you get the 20k from,try half that including incentives and did you play under him when he was playing coach.When reviewing his application got nothing but positive reports on his playing/coaching days.Make no mistake I have heard far better speakers on match days but as i said he must be doing something right.His leadership group at noosa certainly help as they are quality footballers and people but if you ask them they are right behind him so thats all that matters. along with results

Gee old rooster,fletch must have rung you up the wrong way.Thats a chilling response.Not sure where you get the 20k from,try half that including incentives and did you play under him when he was playing coach.When reviewing his application got nothing but positive reports on his playing/coaching days.Make no mistake I have heard far better speakers on match days but as i said he must be doing something right.His leadership group at noosa certainly help as they are quality footballers and people but if you ask them they are right behind him so thats all that matters. along with results

he seems like a good coach from the outside to me.

Just kidding SMY.IMO a very good partnership well respected by local footballing public up here and rightly so.Doug murray cup from 5pm next saturday at noosa.Spoke to an ex noosa legend today,Mark Vagg who can`t wait.Should be a great night.Would be great to see plenty of Maroochy boys hang around and join in the fun.We have a kareoke organised but if DJ Todd is available,that would be unreal.

LOL mate - no probs giving the jibe!!:D Unfortunately the game and the Maroochy night have clashed which is a shame bc i reckon alot of the Maroochy guys would have hung about for a laugh!! :D Will speak during the week.

gee whiz, stirred up a hornets nest here with some of the other posts:eek:

And thats all fair comment too mate. Well said. And yes, you have some magnificent ppl in the club in leadership positions there.

No disrespect intended but Mayne should consider dropping down a division, must be pretty tough for everyone involved at the club when wins are so few and far between, and getting whacked like they did yesterday is not good for anybody.

Saw Burleigh/Palmy yesterday and whilst Palmy were pretty good and could well challenge in September, Burleigh were pretty average.

Carmody played for Southport ressies today so not sure what the go was when he fronted up recently for Burleigh.

No disrespect intended but Mayne should consider dropping down a division, must be pretty tough for everyone involved at the club when wins are so few and far between, and getting whacked like they did yesterday is not good for anybody.

Saw Burleigh/Palmy yesterday and whilst Palmy were pretty good and could well challenge in September, Burleigh were pretty average.

Carmody played for Southport ressies today so not sure what the go was when he fronted up recently for Burleigh.

I agree, but you will upset the tiger fans if you bring it up, been spoken of in here over the season a few times and it always fires them up. But surely if they dont win a game, which is likely on form, be interesting what happens next year. Already made this year harder for some, easier for others having 11 teams (with the draw), and a 10 team comp makes sense.

Most clubs have their good patches and bad patches, poor old tigers seem to be stuck in the same spot though. And Housego cant play forever....

Did you see the Round headbutt incident? Were the injuries to Carroll and Hewatt serious or just precaution to take them off?

he seems like a good coach from the outside to me.

Results carry more weight than opinon, don't know the guy or very much about the club other than having played against them twice this season, from the outside looking in it appears the coach can do no right in the eyes of a few. Noosa will shape the finals and IMO play off in the big one in a replay of 2010. I am amazed at the regular and constant flack Fletch seem to cop.

no worries s36.Gee brew may have been the difference between Roos winning a flag or should i say winning a final.For less than 100 bucks a game i`d say that was terrific value.And 400 people to your ball,thats amazing.Where are they on match days?

in hindsight $100 a game would have been a terrific investment for bruer, however we didn't have the money and we couldn't commit to paying on reputation so better being honest and letting them go to Noosa.

Ball is the first one where junior and senior club have combined, hence the numbers. hopefully it's a sign of things to come at maroochydore.

maroochydore were seriously woeful against springwood on saturday. they looked like they didn't want to be there. maybe a long hard season is taking it's toll.

in hindsight $100 a game would have been a terrific investment for bruer, however we didn't have the money and we couldn't commit to paying on reputation so better being honest and letting them go to Noosa.

Ball is the first one where junior and senior club have combined, hence the numbers. hopefully it's a sign of things to come at maroochydore.

maroochydore were seriously woeful against springwood on saturday. they looked like they didn't want to be there. maybe a long hard season is taking it's toll.
Why would the twos have 18 players, including a couple of double ups, then see a full side run out at 5pm for the thirds? :confused:

Was baffling.

Why would the twos have 18 players, including a couple of double ups, then see a full side run out at 5pm for the thirds? :confused:

Was baffling.

Maybe the fact their 3rds are 3rd and in line for finals! And the reserves are going to finish last regardless. If that is why it is a blight on the PHC! Hopefully their thirds can win a final and give the club some joy, unlike previous seasons where finals have been like Mark Phillipousis, out in straight sets!

Did you see the Round headbutt incident? Were the injuries to Carroll and Hewatt serious or just precaution to take them off?

The Round incident was interesting. From my vantage point it looked like Round had the ball in hand and to get away from the Burleigh player on the mark, he pushed him with the palm of his hand (no headbutt). It was an aggressive push and it appeared to strike the player in the throat/chin area. The Burleigh player retaliated with haymakers a bit like Alistair Lynch in that granny a few years back (none really connected). To my surprise he ended up with the ball in hand reversed free kick as if he did nothing. For mine both players in the sin bin for 15 and thats the end of it.

Carroll and Hewatt iced up, neither seemed overly distressed but who knows the extent of the injuries.

Maybe the fact their 3rds are 3rd and in line for finals! And the reserves are going to finish last regardless. If that is why it is a blight on the PHC! Hopefully their thirds can win a final and give the club some joy, unlike previous seasons where finals have been like Mark Phillipousis, out in straight sets!

Senior clubs in the PHC and NEAFL shoudnt have 3rds teams or old boys teams at the club as theyre draining on player depth and resources, these older blokes need to help out the club in other ways like team manager,water runners,team runners and general helpers. give it away your too old!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And thats all fair comment too mate. Well said. And yes, you have some magnificent ppl in the club in leadership positions there.

Are you ready for this weekend Pieman? are you bringing back the warrick capper shorts? Apparently maloney tagging you untill you run out of puff?

Are you ready for this weekend Pieman? are you bringing back the warrick capper shorts? Apparently maloney tagging you untill you run out of puff?

We have our secret weapon, club games record holder and all around Eveready Battery, Buster Bunner to hold out the Pie Man!! Hes a Mechanic and loves his pies but we have been feeding him Tofu for a month and hes Pie crazy!! ha ha. Night game, geez i hope the club has good insurance!! Its not good Hamstring weather for old ducks!!

They are big shorts, just a big arse to go in them mate so its all perception. Have had to consult my manager to get the ok - she is driving a hard bargain but looks like all could be good. Might kick start me so i'm still raring to go in a few years time to achieve my ultimate goal of having a kick with the boy a la Spring!!:D

An idea, And re-hashing a point that many thought was a joke! Rep footy. The state under 23 didnt have a game this year, how would a phc rep side fair against a qld under 23? For no other reason than rewarding players with the oportunity to rep state/league. I think GVFL has just played it's second rep game being against the VAFA. Sorry it was the vcfl v vafa. It's a pretty simple model that has worked for a long time so why not introduce rep footy every year to lift the standard of the comp? Thoughts?

Palmy v Sandgate this weekend anyone going? Both clubs desperate for this one, double chance up for grabs. Will wait to see team lists before making a call!

Was baffling.

the thirds would flog the 2s, the 2s would be the worst team in afl qld at the moment, but they are improving and trying each week which is all you can ask.

problem is, the thirds comp is a much more attractive comp to play in. firstly they only train once a week if that, they only have to travel once to brisbane and once to gympie, the rest of the games are within 50km. the standard of players is alot lower, you don't bump into pineapple hotel cup senior players being pushed down a grade for form or coming back from injury.

also, thirds will play finals.

if maroochydore canceled thirds this year, all but about 4 of them would go and play elsewhere so no use cancelling. in fairness a few of them have played twice, or played up in the 2s when asked so it has been great having a thirds team, however, the question does need to be asked why a club would field 3 senior teams when they only have enough numbers for 2.

the thirds would flog the 2s, the 2s would be the worst team in afl qld at the moment, but they are improving and trying each week which is all you can ask.

problem is, the thirds comp is a much more attractive comp to play in. firstly they only train once a week if that, they only have to travel once to brisbane and once to gympie, the rest of the games are within 50km. the standard of players is alot lower, you don't bump into pineapple hotel cup senior players being pushed down a grade for form or coming back from injury.

also, thirds will play finals.

if maroochydore canceled thirds this year, all but about 4 of them would go and play elsewhere so no use cancelling. in fairness a few of them have played twice, or played up in the 2s when asked so it has been great having a thirds team, however, the question does need to be asked why a club would field 3 senior teams when they only have enough numbers for 2.

Because S36.. they are filling a void for blokes to still be involved but don't want to commit to playing in Brisbane every 2nd week. Reckon it was a dumb comment from Speedy - since when does anyone decide when a guy should hang the boots up if they are still enjoying it. Most of the blokes in Maroochy 3rds put alot of money over the bar, help out in a variety of ways and I have never heard why it is a dumb idea to have more guys rather than less hanging around your footy club.
Wouldn't concern yourself with stupid comments from others who have no understanding of the football clubs environment.

Senior clubs in the PHC and NEAFL shoudnt have 3rds teams or old boys teams at the club as theyre draining on player depth and resources, these older blokes need to help out the club in other ways like team manager,water runners,team runners and general helpers. give it away your too old!!

Dumb comment.

Dumb comment.

i thought it was a dumb comment when i first read it, but then i thought about it.

it is very selfish for ex players to put there time and effort into playing, instead of helping out around the club.

I am sure there aren't many in the supers that have played all there life, that don't know the importance of having old boys around the club to help out. Most of the Sunshine Coast boys all come from country victoria, where old boys are the glue that keeps clubs together. If they didn't have old boys at there club when they were playing, they wouldn't have had a club, and therefore wouldn't have played.

Obviously people should be able to do whatever they want, and if running around every second sunday having a kick and a giggle gives them enjoyment, more power to them.

It is sad however that it usually comes at the expense of coming to the home games of the senior club, helping out at the bar, running water etc, as most clubs are in desperate need of volunteers.

tipping results

Speedyunit 52
Switchnplay 50
Magpie Boy 50
Tiger G 50
2010Premier 49
Cheekydino 24

Round 14 tips

W/Magpies v Springwood
Sandgate v PBC
Mayne v Coooly
Surfers v Burleigh