AFLQ State Association Div 2 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, if a teenager who has only played a handful of aussie rules games (ferg gehrmann - uq) can keep him possessionless for most of a game I don't think he's quite as good as a lot of the guys on this forum are saying. A very dominant player in our league, and a great bloke from what I could tell when I met him, but would struggle in higher divisions where the key defenders aren't 20kg's overweight and 5 years past their prime.

P'Pop are you saying he wouldnt have the same impact in Div1, at least?

He would have no problem in Pineapple cup, haters are going to hate but he did kick over 80 goals and a good 50% of this he was on the ball, not sitting cherry picking as assjar suggests.

We should consider renaming this thread the Alan Flower thread!

Hey guys I'm new to the area and love my afl. Just wondering if there is a club in forest lake or close to. Not fussed with the quality just wanna have a run around

Hey guys I'm new to the area and love my afl. Just wondering if there is a club in forest lake or close to. Not fussed with the quality just wanna have a run around
Casper12, Griffith Moorooka A.F.C is not far up the road in Moorooka. We would be your closest club and you would be more than welcome to come down, it is a friendly club. Check out the Griffith Roosters website for details

G u miss a couple days and the forum goes bananas . Dug I've done some research and the closest club to forest lake is calamvale so stop lying to new posters. Head to calamvale mate I've heard in the news they will have a very strong TWO pronged attack down forward this season . Watto7 u are the life of the forum haven't had much input lately . Why? And where the hell is our favorite son morro_Ok let's get serious and talk about footy anyone dare to actually talk about there club and how it is travelling . Redcliffe big numbers and extreme amounts of runjing.beenliegh no good till mid season as usual. Coomera will be alot stronger this year with some very good recruiting by a certain someone . Logan would be still under water so probably got 8 at training . Calamvale will try hard again but will be 6-8 decent players short of threatening the finals . And nambour will dominate AGAIN!!! And thats all the news for this week ....... (hope that's enough mighty)

okay news you got me on that, but as the crow flies it pretty much the same and it is definitly closer than the red lions, didnt accuse RUL of telling lies? As a club trying to re build I think you can cut me a bit of slack on that one. Just trying to do my best for my club. RUL, I think you wasted your time starting that new thread, everyone still keeps posting on this one.

Yes mate pop up to the mighty leopards! Just jump on te motorway and off at beaudesert Rd and you are there... We have 3 or 4 that travel from there...

ATN, great wrap up, loving it!! Keep them coming... You may be the new Watto if you are local and keep getting the goss!! Watto still has good sources though!! You did have one contradiction though, Leopards big imprinted in early post but now 6-8 players short?.?.?.

okay news you got me on that, but as the crow flies it pretty much the same and it is definitly closer than the red lions, didnt accuse RUL of telling lies? As a club trying to re build I think you can cut me a bit of slack on that one. Just trying to do my best for my club. RUL, I think you wasted your time starting that new thread, everyone still keeps posting on this one.

Sorry ATN, RUL never said that the red lions was closer. Have to give myself an uppercut on that one. News on the Rooster front, numbers good, lost a few gained a few. We won't be push overs this year and will not finish on the wrong end of the table.

G u miss a couple days and the forum goes bananas . Dug I've done some research and the closest club to forest lake is calamvale so stop lying to new posters. Head to calamvale mate I've heard in the news they will have a very strong TWO pronged attack down forward this season . Watto7 u are the life of the forum haven't had much input lately . Why? And where the hell is our favorite son morro_Ok let's get serious and talk about footy anyone dare to actually talk about there club and how it is travelling . Redcliffe big numbers and extreme amounts of runjing.beenliegh no good till mid season as usual. Coomera will be alot stronger this year with some very good recruiting by a certain someone . Logan would be still under water so probably got 8 at training . Calamvale will try hard again but will be 6-8 decent players short of threatening the finals . And nambour will dominate AGAIN!!! And thats all the news for this week ....... (hope that's enough mighty)

Although we have still got some very handy pick ups the "big name" players have unfortunately chosen to take the $$$ elsewhere. I guess that is one down side to being a 100% voluntary club.

Cant blame them as they are only young and have young family's to support, we wish them luck there is no hard feelings. Blokes of there calibre should probably play in a higher grade while they can anyway.

I'd still say we will be stronger but by the sounds of things all clubs are on the improve. Haven't heard much about ipswich?

Getting very pumped now bring on round 1!

P'Pop are you saying he wouldnt have the same impact in Div1, at least?

He would have no problem in Pineapple cup, haters are going to hate but he did kick over 80 goals and a good 50% of this he was on the ball, not sitting cherry picking as assjar suggests.

We should consider renaming this thread the Alan Flower thread!
Dumb thing to say - its no different to when blokes rave on about some country superstar who "could have played AFL footy if he wanted to"... If he is good enough then let him try it out but there is alot more to footy than just ability.

Afternoon posters, long time reader, first time poster :D
Seems to be alot of rumours with just a sprinkling of substance, would have hoped for more this time of year, sadly I cant offer much more.

To the guy looking for a club, I am Buffs man, and would have no problem recommending the Leopards, most of the guys there that I know seem like good value.

Just what I have heard,(not my opinion)

Coomera - to be quite strong ( real credit to the people running the club)
Logan - apparently short of numbers and have lost a few
Ipswich - not sure if they exist anymore?
Nambour - could be on the move ( I cant say anymore but they have a decision to make)

OK, on the Buffs - Massive changing of the guard and like years gone by, will have no idea of our true position til mid season, so frustrating.
Have an influx of talented youngsters, but they are just that, youngsters. Will be an interesting year IMO and one that we learn alot from, still a great club and one that is always welcoming.

Dumb thing to say - its no different to when blokes rave on about some country superstar who "could have played AFL footy if he wanted to"... If he is good enough then let him try it out but there is alot more to footy than just ability.

He is a talented player, and a ripping clubman. I have no doubt he could play PHC just not as a KPF, probably a flanker, no shame in that. Plenty of guys in Div 2 could play much higher but choose the social less committed option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a talented player, and a ripping clubman. I have no doubt he could play PHC just not as a KPF, probably a flanker, no shame in that. Plenty of guys in Div 2 could play much higher but choose the social less committed option.

Disagree Morro - playing well in Div 3 (is actually what this comp is) is a massive difference to playing well in the highest Division of SEQAFL - Nambour won the main thing last year - not one guy in that side would have played high quality PHC footy if asked to last year, simple as that. Reckon they are dumb comments when ppl predict they could esp when footy is far more than just kicking and handballing and marking well.

I imagine you are saying re Nambour that with their issues with flooding that they may decide to change grounds? I'm sure they aren't looking to move up a division are they??

Disagree Morro - playing well in Div 3 (is actually what this comp is) is a massive difference to playing well in the highest Division of SEQAFL - Nambour won the main thing last year - not one guy in that side would have played high quality PHC footy if asked to last year, simple as that. Reckon they are dumb comments when ppl predict they could esp when footy is far more than just kicking and handballing and marking well.

I imagine you are saying re Nambour that with their issues with flooding that they may decide to change grounds? I'm sure they aren't looking to move up a division are they??

Springer won a flag with Noosa, and Stanley was in the leadership group at Maroochydore when they finished second and third.

In saying that, the other 20 are made up of Maroochydore Reserves and thirds players from the year before, with a sprinking of Nambour under 18s that have graduated up through there 3 seasons of div 3.

I agree with the principal though. If someone can play PHC, go and have a crack. There should be no match payments for this league, discourages fringe players from playing up and having a crack.

I have no idea about nambour moving up, but someone else has also mentioned Nambour going up. Surely they aren't that cocky are they, move straight up to Div 2. Caloundra, Uni, Coopooroo wtc would give them a football lesson. Interesting that the draw for Div 1 and 2 isn't out yet, but PHC is....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Jesus christ, is there anything else happening at any other friggin club or are we gunna talk about the Train again all year!!

Atleast if we are going to speak s**t lets get a few things strait....

Flowers slow??? **** me dead, yeah he is compared to Usain Bolt...

Pies, how many you kick this year since its so easy?? same with you assbandit??? Yeah thought so....U blokes are kidding if you think he's a dud. Makes him look better that he kicked 90 odd in a sh!thouse side. Would absolutly carve at a decent club where he isnt the main man...Would also handle himself easily at a higher level as he would be 3rd or 4th option rather than a 75kg key forward. Get the drift?

Another hot tip from pies, Calamvale improvers??? I'll give you the word they are gorn....A-Train off to the Cobbs with the rest of the Leppards decent players.

Any other news?? Buffs?? Redcliffe, quantity dont equal quality sorry....Nambour stole any more off Maroochy??

Okay I understand everyone's point of view here and it's all hypotheticals. What other clubs has he played for. What is the highest level he has played?
He is clearly not a dud but I still believe he would be a average Pineapple cup footballer. For instance i could not see him fitting into the Noosa side. Is Nambour moving up the rumours are getting stronger. Is this why the fixture is taking so long to come out?? If this did happen who would move back ??

You are entitled to your opinion Smy, but not everyone has to be a star to play higher divisions and I could not disagree more about a few Nambour guys playing PHC - they had a few that would make most teams best 22, maybe not top 6 but thats not what we are arguing.

Dyl whitney, Milligan, Andy G, Springer, Possum, Cloughy just to name a handful that would get games with most clubs.

Springer won a flag with Noosa, and Stanley was in the leadership group at Maroochydore when they finished second and third.

In saying that, the other 20 are made up of Maroochydore Reserves and thirds players from the year before, with a sprinking of Nambour under 18s that have graduated up through there 3 seasons of div 3.

I agree with the principal though. If someone can play PHC, go and have a crack. There should be no match payments for this league, discourages fringe players from playing up and having a crack.

I have no idea about nambour moving up, but someone else has also mentioned Nambour going up. Surely they aren't that cocky are they, move straight up to Div 2. Caloundra, Uni, Coopooroo wtc would give them a football lesson. Interesting that the draw for Div 1 and 2 isn't out yet, but PHC is....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Why does it have to be about being cocky? If in fact they are considering options, it could be that they were offered the opportunity, not them chasing it.

I hardly think on the back of 1 season and with their ressies not even making finals that they would be getting ahead of themselves.

Season draw has been released. Nambour and Ipswich are both in division! Would be interesting comp if 1 pulled out and the other went up, heresay only fellas.

You are entitled to your opinion Smy, but not everyone has to be a star to play higher divisions and I could not disagree more about a few Nambour guys playing PHC - they had a few that would make most teams best 22, maybe not top 6 but thats not what we are arguing.

Dyl whitney, Milligan, Andy G, Springer, Possum, Cloughy just to name a handful that would get games with most clubs.
Yeah, he's way off - during my one year at Beenleigh, there would have been at least half a dozen (and probably more) better footballers than I running around in that side, and I've played adequate senior football either side of that in the PHC.

It's probably a situation where certain types of players won't find it as enormous a difference as others, rather than a blanket "its too big a gap"

Morro - its not an opinion when its actually fact! s36... stated a couple of things that i had missed but would argue Stanley would not have played A grade at even Maroochy last year in the sort of condition he was in. Springer - I forgot about. Easily a Div 1 player in any side.

The rest of the guys as S36... said played Maroochy 2's the year before! Not sure how they all of a sudden have become senior footballers even as players #18-22??? Lets not rate Div 2 too highly. Its good social footy with a sprinkling of decent players throughout but impossible to draw a line with PHC stuff really.

Morro - its not an opinion when its actually fact! s36... stated a couple of things that i had missed but would argue Stanley would not have played A grade at even Maroochy last year in the sort of condition he was in. Springer - I forgot about. Easily a Div 1 player in any side.

The rest of the guys as S36... said played Maroochy 2's the year before! Not sure how they all of a sudden have become senior footballers even as players #18-22??? Lets not rate Div 2 too highly. Its good social footy with a sprinkling of decent players throughout but impossible to draw a line with PHC stuff really.

Mate u say some dumb things sometimes but I really thought a new year might bring a new attitude. I'm not angry, just disappointed :eek:

As someone who has played div 2 and div 1 up here and Much higher grades many moons ago I can assure you your opinion is simply that , an opinion.

I rattled off a few names that could play phc no worries and stand by that. They are just the ones that sprang to mind straight away. We had 5 alone this season targeted by phc teams.

Like I said you are entitled to your opinion but dont embarrass yourself by trying to pass it off as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back