AFLQ state association Div2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, sorry to derail the thread but I'm looking to play footy again starting next year I used to play for about 4 - 5 years as a junior with my last year being under 16's. I can kick straight, handball well but because I'm currently doing a bulking phase at the gym I have no real stamina. I'm 182cm, long arms, will be roughly 82kg 8 - 9% body fat, midspeed and I used to play in the forward line.

I'll be doing a whole bunch of high intensity interval training come the start of October when I begin my cut, to get my fitness up.

I know the details I've given are sketchy but would my chances of making it into a div2 team on the gold coast be good? I'm 19btw

Cheers

Is this you??

watto7

BigFooty President
Mar 7, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Cluffy missed last week through suspension so his is ineligible.

Gaz,

I have a mate who was playing seniors against you blokes on the weekend, number 6. He was involved in an incident before halftime where the result was a red card and he was sent off for "charging". As I wasn't at the match on the weekend, I am just wondering if you saw this bit of play and available to comment on whether the red was deserved, or if you have any other view on what happened.
There seems to be 2 sides of the story one being the red was for charging, the other view saying a yellow was awarded initially for the late contact then further abuse to the umpire resulted in the red card being issued. Any comments you can add would be much appreciated.

Also, the bloke filming had offered to make a copy for $15, any way this bloke can be contacted?

cheers

Buffs2011

Senior List
Feb 7, 2011
Beenleigh
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavs
Now heading into the last break for the year just wondering where everyone see's themselves gettign ready for the run into finals now. Big match with Beenleigh hosting Nambour first up for the second half of the season.

bombers2789

Rookie
Mar 18, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Essendon
Now heading into the last break for the year just wondering where everyone see's themselves gettign ready for the run into finals now. Big match with Beenleigh hosting Nambour first up for the second half of the season.

Yer should be a cracking game from what ive herd here nambour r strong with a lot of good talented players, and dont no to much about them, Who is the game breaker here mr buff?

Buffs2011

Senior List
Feb 7, 2011
Beenleigh
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Yer should be a cracking game from what ive herd here nambour r strong with a lot of good talented players, and dont no to much about them, Who is the game breaker here mr buff?

Hard to say still three training sessions away from the game. Hopefully we get a couple out form last weeks games back and Munga is getting back to his old self so could really impose himself on the game. Didn't really get to see much of the Nambour game last time so not to sure who is there big play maker but they are not undefeated after 11 rounds for no good reason. Should be a well matched game with soem good physical encounters.

bombers2789

Rookie
Mar 18, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Essendon
Hard to say still three training sessions away from the game. Hopefully we get a couple out form last weeks games back and Munga is getting back to his old self so could really impose himself on the game. Didn't really get to see much of the Nambour game last time so not to sure who is there big play maker but they are not undefeated after 11 rounds for no good reason. Should be a well matched game with soem good physical encounters.

Yer should b a good close game. i herd u guys have a great midfield a couple young boys from vic. ? number 2 come's to my head. I saw you guys play early in the year.

Buffs2011

Senior List
Feb 7, 2011
Beenleigh
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Yer should b a good close game. i herd u guys have a great midfield a couple young boys from vic. ? number 2 come's to my head. I saw you guys play early in the year.

I am not to sure that we have actually picked up any fresh vics this year. NP_#1 on here is an ex-pat vic but plyed with us last year. number 2 Matty Kimpton you may have heard his name banded around here a bit is actually a QLDER just a great footballer. Didnt play teh roosters game and as i said before still too early to really tell who will be fit and ready to go. Coomera and Caboolture will be an interesting battle in both grade the winner of the twos takes the second spot and in the seniors the winner can put a game on the other and really start to cement their place in the top 5.

Nambour have picked up a couple of PNG lads this week too - not sure if they are automatic A graders but will be fast and physical anyway.

Oh good, I was hoping they would strengthen their squad :rolleyes:

We have had a few walk ins in the past week ourselves, should make for a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back