AFLQ State Asspciation Div 3 (Central)

Remove this Banner Ad

ALright sweet - We have 16 committed to just playing thress this year and then we will top up from the 2's overflow... I look forward to seeing you guys round 1...

Come the start of the season we'll have a stronger indication on our core for this year. We'll be waiting for things to firm up line up wise in the 1s & 2s before we start to see a clearer picture.

Can i jsut mention also how good is it to have Friday night footy back

Couldn't agree more.

Have found out that a few have left Jimboomba this year to return to Victoria to play footy as well as a couple now playing 1's at Beenleigh.

Wouldn't have thought they had any players good enough to play 1's.

Yeronga and the Woodsmen relativly unchanged this year or a few new faces etc.?

Woodsmen lost 4 or 5 very good players, but also a few returning and some new faces. Usually just slap a team together and get on with it.

Thommo do you struggle to get much done with 10 blokes? I know i found it hard with 15 last night after trainign with 50 with the other senior group.

Pretty much standard for us since we started back in 09. We might peak at 20, but quite often get 10-15.

I go most sessions now, but in the past I couldn't train often due to work, which is the case with quite a few blokes. There has also been a baby boom in the team, without about half a dozen blokes with kids under 1 - so that is taking up their time as well.

Yeah Thommo fair enough i have noticed in the past you guys have had good success so if the formula works... I can understand the baby boom we have just had a few baby buffs arrive with a couepl more on the way.

The Jimboomba blokes that went back taht i know of are the Martin brothers who was their main midfield but we will see i guess...

Do we play time on in this league?

Yeah Thommo fair enough i have noticed in the past you guys have had good success so if the formula works... I can understand the baby boom we have just had a few baby buffs arrive with a couepl more on the way.

The Jimboomba blokes that went back taht i know of are the Martin brothers who was their main midfield but we will see i guess...

Do we play time on in this league?

No time on in reg season games Buffs (thank god), but there is for finals.

Gday guys Im from Bond and we have a game against Robina 2nds on saturday, with probably a half strength side, if that. I will get back on next week and tell you guys how we went.

we have around 35 blokes on the list now which is good for us because we weren't sure how many we would get.

By the way Im not totally sure what is happening with us during our semesters (as Bond has a different semester structure as UQ and Griffith and the like) but I have a feeling that they are going to get re-scheduled but don't hold me to that, because most of us are from the southern states ie TAS, VIC and SA.

Gday guys Im from Bond and we have a game against Robina 2nds on saturday, with probably a half strength side, if that. I will get back on next week and tell you guys how we went.

we have around 35 blokes on the list now which is good for us because we weren't sure how many we would get.

By the way Im not totally sure what is happening with us during our semesters (as Bond has a different semester structure as UQ and Griffith and the like) but I have a feeling that they are going to get re-scheduled but don't hold me to that, because most of us are from the southern states ie TAS, VIC and SA.

Hey AJ,

Good to hear from you guys... numbers sound good what time you playing saturday? our praccy matches just got cancelled might come a look before i head to south port to see sydney play

We are supposedly playing you guys in a praccy match march 26 do you know anything about that?

hey Buff, we start at 11;30 at Robina

Not sure about the prac match but I will find out.

I also found out that because of our Holidays our match with Jimboomba will be on the 2nd of April which is our first match.

who is Sydney playing and what time?

hey Buff, we start at 11;30 at Robina

Not sure about the prac match but I will find out.

I also found out that because of our Holidays our match with Jimboomba will be on the 2nd of April which is our first match.

who is Sydney playing and what time?

Hey AJ,

did get down mate... how did you go? sydney played GC was the Adam Goodes show though

well we played Robina's seconds (did anyone realise that Robina is in div 1 now) in a wet game, and we won by a point...no score board was used so it was just someone on the side keeping score.

It was a good hard match and we got alot out of it. cant wait till the first game:D

oh and Buffs our coach doesn't know anything about the practice match. He also said that we wouldn't have one on the 26th cause thats a week away from our first game and we don't want any injuries. although we don't have any other practice matches so if you want one get in touch with Ryan Lenegan at Bond Uni, might set one up on the 19th if you guys ring this week.

AJ yeah they went up with Kedron as reward for making the Div 2 Grand Final and from now on the Premier from Div two will be promoted and the Wooden Spooner from Div 1 will eb relogated.

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks till our season starts has anyoen heard of any practice matches taking place?

How are trainign numbers? Buffs are staying steady with numbers on teh track beteen 15-18 plus we will get overflow from the 2's

hey guys

beenleigh plays wynnum 2's thiss weekend in a praccy match should be interesting for our first hit out. will report back with a reveiw after teh match... anyone else having a hit out this weekend?

Buffs had a good first hit out againest a very undermanned wynnum side but all signs were good looking forward to another hit out this weekend before the season starts. Very very wet conditions and sloppy play but can see tings coming together for our first thirds season.

How is everyone else look?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woodsmen have their first (and likely only) practice match this Saturday against Strathpine/Pine Rivers from Div 3 North.

Unfortunately it clashes with the Pies opening round of the season, which will make many of us unhappy!

We had a praccy match against Pine Rivers this past Saturday Thommo. You playing up there or @ Chelmer?

We played up there in very wet conditions. The ground held up incredibly well. Especially after flooding the surface up there is good.

They're a pretty well drilled unit with a fair few who have played together for a few years now. We remembered quite a lot of their players from when they last played Div 3 against us and won the flag a few years back.

How did you go Jorgo? we have you guys round 1 should be good are you getting another hit out this weekend?

How did you go Jorgo?

Scoreboard wise it didn't look good. In terms of the contest I thought in the 1st half particularly we provided a pretty good contest though.

That side have a number of players who have played together for years. They won the flag a few years ago in our Div 3 after dropping back from Div 1.

Our side was down on numbers and topped up with a number of U18s players. All in all we'll take away from it a chance to play a tougher opponent and blood some new guys to footy to what it's like to play against a good, well drilled side.

we have you guys round 1 should be good are you getting another hit out this weekend?

Round #1 can't come fast enough for a lot of us mate :)

No hit outs this weekend. I think that will be our last one prior to the season start.

Well i shall report back after this weekend abotu how we go againest a tougher opposition hopefully and bring on round 1 the blood is already pumping for it... I'll try catch up with you as well after teh game fro a chat and feel free for youa dn boys to come inside with us for a beer or two

Well Bond Uni tomorrow awaits the Buffs are ready for the test even with a few out due to Family commitments and a few niggles here and there dont want to push any blokes prior to round 1.

AJ will you be playing this weekend?

Thommo i look forward to hearing how you blokes fair up there againest the rivers

We're struggling to field a side for the praccy match, it will be mostly made up of our 'beginners' - so could get ugly.

The positive is that it will give quite a few guys their first taste of the sport, and others who haven't played for a few years a chance to get back into it.

No such a bad thing though Thommo gives teh coaches a good gauge as to where blokes are i guess and keeps a little bit of mystery in it for teh rest of us

No such a bad thing though Thommo gives teh coaches a good gauge as to where blokes are i guess and keeps a little bit of mystery in it for teh rest of us

I think the Woodsmen have managed to scrape together a reasonable squad for tomorrow. Based on this weeks training attendance, there's a few that have sobered up enough to remember that there is football to be played this year.

Ahh football... gotta love it!

Well Bond Uni tomorrow awaits the Buffs are ready for the test even with a few out due to Family commitments and a few niggles here and there dont want to push any blokes prior to round 1.

AJ will you be playing this weekend?

Thommo i look forward to hearing how you blokes fair up there againest the rivers

Woodsmen got up by 2 or 3 points in a tough match. Wish someone manned the scoreboard though. No significant injuries to report, apart from the usual "first game of the year" bruises.

The new blokes seemed to go OK which is a good sign for the rest of the year.

Maroochy/Northshore next Saturday for the Woodies. Thankfully at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back