AFLQ State Asspciation Div 3 (Central)

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Jimboomba for going back-2-back.

Bond never really seems in it. Jimboomba used the wind really well in teh first QTR and bond just never recovered.

AJ are the boys keen for another spin next year?

Hey Buffs, a decent crowd there yesterday? I'd imagine with both sides from down that way, it'd be easier to drag more than a few supporters through the gates....

Your question on clubs going around again in Div 3 is always the $64 question mate. I hate to think what might happen if there were less clubs involved. AFLQ might have to make the tough call to merge Central and North. Personally I hope not!

From a Woodmen's perspective continuing for next season will be discussed at the AGM. Actually more likely at presentation night, but drunken blokes committing to the cause 7 months out doesn't hold much sway really........... ;)

Hey Buffs, a decent crowd there yesterday? I'd imagine with both sides from down that way, it'd be easier to drag more than a few supporters through the gates....

Your question on clubs going around again in Div 3 is always the $64 question mate. I hate to think what might happen if there were less clubs involved. AFLQ might have to make the tough call to merge Central and North. Personally I hope not!

From a Woodmen's perspective continuing for next season will be discussed at the AGM. Actually more likely at presentation night, but drunken blokes committing to the cause 7 months out doesn't hold much sway really........... ;)

haha yeah you on the drunk blokes bit.

Jimboomba had a fair bit of support however bond less so. a few WAGS and parents but nothing over the top i think palmy and springwood got more for the 18s prelim. ive never really known teh unis (griffith n UQ included) to really get big crowds.

Hopefully our boys all coem back adn we can improve and get better. But your right if Jimboomba get teh numbers and go up i dont think the comp can operate with less teams. I also beleive if they merge north and south and have the numbers they need to go iv 3 and 4 so make it more competative. I for one will drive once to Maroochy or Gympie as long as im not going up there to get flogged by 150.

haha yeah you on the drunk blokes bit.

Jimboomba had a fair bit of support however bond less so. a few WAGS and parents but nothing over the top i think palmy and springwood got more for the 18s prelim. ive never really known teh unis (griffith n UQ included) to really get big crowds.

Hopefully our boys all coem back adn we can improve and get better. But your right if Jimboomba get teh numbers and go up i dont think the comp can operate with less teams. I also beleive if they merge north and south and have the numbers they need to go iv 3 and 4 so make it more competative. I for one will drive once to Maroochy or Gympie as long as im not going up there to get flogged by 150.

I thought I read/heard something about teams staying where they are for next season (ie Div 1, 2 AND 3)?

Besides I do know that AFLQ do not want a repeat scenario of a copuple of years ago where there were more teams in Div 2 than Div 1. At the moment the balance is right (10 each).

So unless a current Div 2 club WANTS to drop back to Div 3 (eg because of a drop in player numbers etc) I don't think there's room for anyone from Div 3 to go up. Happy to be proven wrong though:thumbsu:

I think the idea of a Div 3 and Div 4 has merit, but would it get support?

More importantly in a traditional Div 3 club environment where availability and commitment of players each and every week is less than perfect (at least less than Div 1 and 2) would there be more forfeits as clubs can't find available players who want to travel from say Robina to Gympie? Even if they only have to do it once a season? ("oh no I'm injured" or "I have to work/uni" or simply "I'm unavailable")

It's tough call. I think distance might be the only problem to this one.

PS - Got to love uni WAGS mate!!! ;) One of the perks of having young blokes in your side!!! Keeps us old blokes happy!

I thought I read/heard something about teams staying where they are for next season (ie Div 1, 2 AND 3)?

Besides I do know that AFLQ do not want a repeat scenario of a copuple of years ago where there were more teams in Div 2 than Div 1. At the moment the balance is right (10 each).

So unless a current Div 2 club WANTS to drop back to Div 3 (eg because of a drop in player numbers etc) I don't think there's room for anyone from Div 3 to go up. Happy to be proven wrong though:thumbsu:

I think the idea of a Div 3 and Div 4 has merit, but would it get support?

More importantly in a traditional Div 3 club environment where availability and commitment of players each and every week is less than perfect (at least less than Div 1 and 2) would there be more forfeits as clubs can't find available players who want to travel from say Robina to Gympie? Even if they only have to do it once a season? ("oh no I'm injured" or "I have to work/uni" or simply "I'm unavailable")

It's tough call. I think distance might be the only problem to this one.

PS - Got to love uni WAGS mate!!! ;) One of the perks of having young blokes in your side!!! Keeps us old blokes happy!
So boys another year, who's in? And in Div 4 to boot. So much for teams wanting to go UP a division!! The Reddies must be tearing their hair out, every year they want to go up they get pushed back a Division.

AJ are you guys playing Central or South this season? Buffs you boys suiting up again?

Don't know about only 5 teams in the comp if Bond uni head south, but there's no other option I guess.

So boys another year, who's in? And in Div 4 to boot. So much for teams wanting to go UP a division!! The Reddies must be tearing their hair out, every year they want to go up they get pushed back a Division.

AJ are you guys playing Central or South this season? Buffs you boys suiting up again?

Don't know about only 5 teams in the comp if Bond uni head south, but there's no other option I guess.

Pine rivers moving from North div
To central div

Remove this Banner Ad

Back