Sir G

May 5, 2009
mayne tigers
Hey just want to share interest in discussion to the state league div2 comp. Everyone welcome to join and share their opinion on their and opposing pineapple hotel cup team. Any views about season 2010 i follow the mayne tigers and hoping they will have a great year in 2010,do u think palm beach will win again? Or will the sunshine coast teams dominate the comp next year. I would like to see the long serving clubs in brisbane like mayne sandgate ang wilston grange reclaim the success in this comp. Go tigers in 2010

Hey there. How are you guys looking for next season?? Any possible recruits? I think palmy will be the team to beat again id imagine. Good to see someone having a chat about the other comps in the state league, still some very good footballers running around in these lower competitions.

Yeah thanks mate i would like to see a brisbane based team dominate the comp for a change (hopefully mayne). Palmy have been up for many years i wonder if they will come up again.

From all reports i think you guys look like having a decent year. Who are you looking at at the moment for recruits? I do think Palmy will be the team to beat again though, although i know they are losing a couple. Aaron Lohrey is having a year off. I think if you guys can pick up 5 or 6 quality players you will be up there. Noosa and Maroochy look like being strong again and dont disregard Surfers. Out of the Brissy teams i think maybe you guys and Sandgate will be the big improvers, Grange are always there abouts, i think Springwood might surprise a few too, ive heard they have picked up a few from Mt Gravatt.

hope you are right mayne have been playing alot of promising young talent from Mayne under18's over the past few years in which have earned some valuable experience playing in seniors. hopefully better fortune in regards to injuries think mayne are ready to further improve. i think there will be a few surprises in this comp next year. srpingwood are due to bounce back

Yeah you'd think with Springwood picking up players from Mt Gravatt they would definitely improve. Are you guys going to persevere with youth or are you looking at players from other clubs to cross over. By the sounds of it the club seems to be heading in the right direction. Do you think Sandgate will keep Dickfos and Ziedler, getting on now!

Given I haven't seen a Pumas win live since 2006 I'm hoping to see a few next year when I go back home.

From the little I've heard I'm confident of getting out of the bottom few. Maybe jag a finals spot but I think a 6th-7th place would be a good result.

TBH I'd prefer to pick up maybe four or five from Mt Gravatt, just to build up the competitiveness and have a good solid core of a dozen senior bodies, and continue to play the kids we have over the last few years. Much prefer that than go out and recruit recruit recruit and lose a bunch of kids who get frustrated playing 2s and then we're stuffed again if/when those senior blokes move on in a few years.

i don't have inside info but i guess the tigers will try to recruit. it would be great to get tye morrison back after he had a year off footy. i think Ziedler could go on but you would think dickfos might have had enough but i could be wrong

G'Day just looking to see how the standard of the two best leagues in QLD would compare against the Essendon DFL in Melbourne. Thanks.

thats an unfair comparison victoria is a complete Afl state they live and breathe Afl down their. aflq state league have come a long way in footy in Qld and are doing very well, but they don't have the resources and depth in people who want to play afl inQld compared to victorian leagues

From what I've seen of the EDFL, it appears to be a much higher quality version of AFLQ Div 2. (where EDFL would be a 10, AFLQ Div 2 would be a 4 probably)

Tough to compare it to Div 1 as it's chalk and cheese the type of footy they play - Div 1's a much more open running game compared to the more intight bigger bodied game of Div 2/EDFL style footy.

It's pretty hard to compare leagues i think. I have mates that play in the state league in Tassie which is a pretty strong comp nowadays. 3/4 of the season down there this year has been played in the wet, kind of hard to compare when up here we probably had 1 or 2 wet games all year and play in 25-30 degree heat. In terms of skill level, you would imagine the vics would probably have that over the qld'ers but its completely different football in the end.

To Tiger G, what type of players are Mayne after? Might have a couple of guys interested thats all!

our comp is so far behind the country leagues if you ask me. we are about 30 in the pecking order behind the top 3 leagues than all the victorian country leagues and the rest of the country leages in south australia and western australia. state league division is a step down but not big step down from the top division like it use to be.

as far as i want to win the flag next year in this comp. anyone but palmy. who do i think will win. noosa. grange will be a contender next year as well

I think you'll find the reason for that is depth. Each team in phc and state assoc has about 5-6 players if not more who could easily still play state league no worries, from there on though it just drops away. Thats the biggest problem. I definitely think the competitions are getting better though. Most clubs are becoming alot more professional in regards to training and preparation, which is good to see. Aflq has come a long way though, and can only get better. There is some very good players running around in all leagues, just comes down to living the lifestyle in QLD and thats why people in other states regard our competitions as being a bit laid back.

what type of players are your mates i will to try to find out if your mate are intersted maybe they should could contact mayne footy club.by the way welcome Damo good to see u joining in!

Andrew housego wins best and fairest award for the mayne tigers his 4th b&f in which is i think is a club record. What a champion knocked back offers to play for the afl and other state league clubs to stay loyal to mayne forget about wayne carey in my opinion housego is the real king! Ever reliable caleb brown won the most courageous player award think played out a game with a broken jaw. Luke freguson won award the best team player go tigers

Probably the most pain I've ever been in on a footy field was thanks to a Andrew Housego knee to my ribcage in a ruck contest.

So forgive me if I'm not joyous at this post :p

no one is perfect are telling me u never done dodgy during a game what happens on the field stays on the field! :).aside from your bad experience with him got praise his loyalty and being a top player

Oh, it wasn't a slight at him - it wasn't even his fault. He just jumped higher than me and got the knee in nice and good ;)

Aside from it all, I'm a big wrap on blokes like that so good on him.

If anyone is planning on travelling to the UK, the West London Wildcats need you!
We are the largest and most successful club in London, and quite probably outside of Australia. We field three teams across three divisions, catering for a range of abilities. In recent times we have been incredibly successful. In the premiership division we have won the last 6 flags in a row, and in the conference, we have won 9 out of the last 10!
Becoming a Wildcat offers many benefits including discounted travel, cheap drinks etc through our many sponsors. Plus it gives you the opportunity to meet like-minded people from all across the globe and have a kick of the footy!
wildcatsfc.co.uk
or e-mail
wildcatsrecruiting@yahoo.com

hey guys whats happening out the any player movements in div 2. any players from div i joining clubs in div 2?

alright guys in your honest and unbiased opinions which clubs in div2 will be big improvers in 2010? i hope its mayne but think burleigh will improve

wouldn't it be great to see a brisbane based team dominate the competition for a change instead of the teams from the coasts