Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-07/afls-youngest-gun-to-debut

This is mainly club news, but I thought it was worth mentioning here that the youngest player in the competition will be debuting this Saturday. Kayne Turner has put on 8kg and worked very hard since being picked late in the rookie draft - he is still 18 until his birthday next NYE. Good luck to him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-07/afls-youngest-gun-to-debut

This is mainly club news, but I thought it was worth mentioning here that the youngest player in the competition will be debuting this Saturday. Kayne Turner has put on 8kg and worked very hard since being picked late in the rookie draft - he is still 18 until his birthday next NYE. Good luck to him.

You mean this NYE.Only females get a year older every two years ;)

Is his nickname Twiggy ?
He looks like he could get blown away if there's a slight gust of wind.

who was the last 17 year old to play a senior game? like when did they change it so you had to be 18? i remember dangerfield was drafted as a 17 year old in 2007 but didn't play until later in the season when he was 18

actually shiels was drafted a year later and didn't turn 18 until the following april

who was the last 17 year old to play a senior game? like when did they change it so you had to be 18? i remember dangerfield was drafted as a 17 year old in 2007 but didn't play until later in the season when he was 18

actually shiels was drafted a year later and didn't turn 18 until the following april
They dont allow bottom age drafting anymore, which sucks, the likes of Sidebottom, Motlop and Ziebell were a few of the last bottom agers.

Edit: Brad Ebert seems to be the last 17 year old to play a game at AFL level, thats only doing a quick glance over the 2007/2008 afl drafts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What impact does this have on the average age of the North playing list!? Such a vital stat will have large ramifications in the world of BigFooty :O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back