AFLSQ Grand Finals start this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

AeroBoy

Debutant
Mar 2, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
The AFL South Queensland is holding the Grand Finals for Divisions 2, 3 and 4 at Yeronga on Saturday, September 7.

Schedule is as follows:
9.50am 2nd Division Redcliffe vs Logan City (reserves)
12.10pm 3rd Division Kenmore vs Glasshouse
12.10 pm 4th Division Wilston Grange vs Redcliffe (oval 2)
2.30pm 2nd Division Redcliffe vs Wynnum (seniors)

It's the inaugural GF for the Fourth Division comp, which was formed this year to deal with the massive swell in player numbers following the Lions success last year.

After playing every game this year, will AeroBoy make the Wilston Grange side, or will the coach relegate him to water boy now that he has a full squad to pick from? News at eleven.

so how did you go???????
i had to work, i went to the AFLQ second round of finals on sunday which saw morningside defeat Mt Gravatt in the reserves and the Lions Reserves smash Northern Eagles.

The first game was ful of fun with Mt Gravatt leading for almost the entire game until a little bit of luck went the panthers way after their hard fighting & got back into the competition with about 3 minutes to go when U18 Bushranger Daniel Bridge from Morningside slotted a big one player the crowd errupted it was just a great moment... the panthers in front .then with bridge got his second just seconds after it was a great start to the day especially for the Morningside boys who live to play another week.... they will face Southport next saturday @ 11:15 @ coorparoo, the winner will advance to the grand final against Redlands....

It will be a big weekend for Southport having teams playing in both of the only two games of the weekend. Their Senior team will battle it out with the strength and superior fitness of the Lions reserves who will be fresh off a 70 point (113-43) thrashing of Northern Eagles. it was great showing by both the lIons listed players as well as the make up players giving it their best shot.

my tips - Morningside by 7 points
Lions by 19 points ( i really want to say each team by 100 but i am trying to be reasonable)

Im not biased - the morningside based lions supporter

Well, Wilston Grange beat those lowly Redcliffe scumbags by six points.

However, I was basically the 23rd player, which doesn't count for much.

Interestingly, our full forward, who won the medal for best on ground, is a former Sturt reserves player.

In the Premier Division, Wilston Grange reserves defeated (whipped) Aspley to make it to the Grand Final this weekend. Not a bad effort from fifth on the ladder.

Muddy: I switched from Uni to WG this year, but may switch back next season. Or go to Kenmore. Or just give up.

AeroBoy

Muddy: that's the big question, isn't it. I would have gone to Kenmore this year if they had (they were planning to, but pulled out at the last minute).

I'll probably at least do preseason with Uni, and decide around March.

My big problem is that I have really crap kick. It never goes down well with the selectors :)

At least you're honest Aeroboy .... I can kick a consistently accurate 50m with my right, but my left is only there for balance purposes!!! Only ever got one kick away properly on my left in 20-odd seasons of playing, and a mate marked it only a very dodgy 15 metres away. :p :p :p That always let me down in the coaches eyes too.

And I never bothered jumping for a mark .... I preferred the shirtfront or shoulder-charge methods. Coaches did like that though!!! :p :p :p

Softening-up periods were my forte, though :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back