AFLTM State of Origin 2018 Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
undefined

ALLIES.gif
SA.gif
VC.gif
VM.gif
WA.gif

With fightingfury_88's blessing, I will be running an AFLTM State of Origin competition across the final four rounds of the AFL season as well as the first week of finals, with a 5 team round robin competition. The aim is to get some state rivalry going on, as well as determining which state truly is the best at the prestigious game that is AFLTM.

THE RULES
Team selection
Each coach will get to select a 40-man squad to use across the State of Origin tournament. Why so large a squad, you may ask? Well, to make this competition realistic and able to be 'canonical' to the actual AFLTM competition, players will not allowed to play for their club sides and state sides on the same weekend. As State of Origin will run during AFLTM finals, this means that players from eliminated clubs will be available all tournament, but players from finals clubs will only become available once their team is eliminated. Due to fixturing constraints, I've had to hold the last round in the first week of the AFL finals, so although players from all AFLTM clubs will be available, only players participating in the AFL finals will be able to score, hence the 40-man squad.

Despite the obvious difference in quality and availability between AFLTM clubs and State of Origin sides, we'll be sticking to the 18-man line-up with 7 interchange players. I'll also stick to the AFLTM rule of 2 key forwards, 2 key defenders and 1 ruckman*, with eligibility for these positions according to this thread.

As mentioned earlier, you cannot name a player who is playing AFLTM on the same weekend. There won't be any penalties for incorrect naming of players; if I can catch it, I'll let the coach know and give them a chance to replace them, if not, it's as simple as bringing a player or two off the bench.

Please be realistic with your team suggestions. Name defenders at half back. Named forwards in the pocket. Name midfielder-forwards at half forward. It's tempting to beef up your score with extra midfielders as you can draw from so many more players but I will pull you up, if anything I'll be even more strict than fightingfury_88 as there's so many more players you can call up, leaving no excuses for poor selection.

You're allowed to select players on the basis of their Fantasy scores. Don't feel as if you should name a low or average scoring player because you think they'd play for the state IRL, this is the AFLTM State of Origin after all. If anything, please reward high scoring players this season, such as Ed Curnow or Tom Phillips.

I will let all coaches know when team selection is due in the coming weeks.

State eligibility
State of Origin eligibility revolves around where you played the majority of your football from the age of 13 to 18, not where you were born or where you were drafted, although often all three are the same. For example, Phil Davis was born in Canberra but played his junior footy in South Australia, and is therefore eligible for SA and not the Allies. Callum Sinclair was drafted from Subiaco, but played junior footy for Beaumaris in Victoria and would be eligible for Victoria.

In terms of having Victoria Country and Victoria Metro in the competition, as almost all Victorian players are drafted from the TAC Cup, it makes it easy to split. Players drafted from Sandringham, Oakleigh, Northern, Western, Eastern and Calder will play for Vic Metro; players from Greater Western Victoria, Geelong, Bendigo, Dandenong, Gippsland and Murray will play for Vic Country. I will make judgement on Victorians not drafted from the TAC Cup, it will just come down to geographic location.

Players from Queensland, New South Wales, ACT, Northern Territory, Tasmania and overseas will represent the Allies.

I'll try and compile a full list of SoO eligibility over the next few days.

THE TEAMS

ALLIES.gif

ALLIES

NAB-AFL-Under-18-All-Stars.jpg

Coach: AVAILABLE
Predicted Finish: 5th
Star Players: Dayne Zorko, Isaac Heeney, Jeremy Howe, Harris Andrews, Toby Nankervis

The Allies are probably the weakest side in the AFLTM competition despite including players from 5 states and territories as well as (technically) the rest of the world. Their forward line is menacing, including Tom Hawkins, Jack Riewoldt, Taylor Walker and Charlie Dixon, but the rest of the team is lacking in quality, especially the very important midfield, with Dayne Zorko, Dayne Beams and Isaac Heeney having to carry a very heavy load.

SA.gif

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

334346_nl.jpg

Coach: knobby
Predicted Finish: 4th
Star Players: Brodie Grundy, Lachie Neale, Shaun Burgoyne, Shane Edwards, Rory Laird

South Australia, once able to rival Victoria's power in State of Origin, have now fallen behind Victoria and WA in terms of team strength and will face an uphill battle to win State of Origin this year. Led by the league's top scoring ruckman in Brodie Grundy and the best small defender in the game, Rory Laird, SA's forward line is a concern despite a strong backline.

VC.gif

VICTORIA COUNTRY

3020716_1_O.jpg

Coach: Pie 4 Life
Predicted Finish: 2nd
Star Players: Dustin Martin, Patrick Dangerfield, Scott Pendlebury, Ben Cunnington, Ben McEvoy

Victoria Country will be looking to press hard for the inaugural AFLTM State of Origin flag, boasting arguably the two most skilled players in the game, as well as the highest scoring player per game in the competition this season, Edward Curnow. Although they will more than likely be in the shadows of their more illustrious Vic Metro rivals, be wary of the boys from out bush.

VM.gif

VICTORIA METRO

35852524_1_O.jpg

Coach: Continstar
Predicted Finish: 3rd
Star Players: Rory Sloane, Adam Treloar, Clayton Oliver, Marcus Bontempelli, Robbie Gray

Representing the heartland of football, Melbourne's rep side contains some of the best midfielders in the game and is solid across the board. They lack some of the elite talent from the country, but nonetheless, should be pitted in a tight battle with Country and Western Australia. Max Gawn, Robbie Gray and current league top scorer Jack Macrae headline a very strong lineup.

WA.gif

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

GBN131VFU.2-1.jpg

Coach: peterss
Predicted Finish: 1st
Star Players: Nat Fyfe, Lance Franklin, Alex Rance, Patrick Cripps, Tom Mitchell

With Victorian talent split across two sides, Western Australia go into AFLTM State of Origin as the favourites and with a lot of expectations back home. Boasting arguably the best midfield in the comp, including Fyfe, Mitchell, Cripps and Coniglio, and a forward line including Darling, Kennedy and back-to-back Grand Final BOG Lance Franklin, Western Australia will be incredibly hard to stop on their day.

FIXTURE
I will finalise the fixture in the coming days with a nice little graphic, however this much is confirmed:

The competition will start on Week 1 of the AFLTM Final Series, which is Round 20 of the AFL season, starting 3rd August. It will then run for the next 5 weeks, finishing on the weekend after the AFLTM Grand Final, which is Finals Week 1 of the AFL, starting 31st August.

With a 5 team competition, there's no real point of a finals series. The competition will just be a round robin, with each team playing eachother once and having one bye each across the five weeks. The champion will be the team with the most premiership points (four for a win, two for a draw), and will be sorted on percentage if the points are the same.

Week 1 and Week 5 of the State of Origin will arguably be the hardest for coaches. Week 1 will see 8 AFLTM clubs compete in finals, meaning all of those players are unavailable for selection, whilst Week 5 will only draw on player scores from the 8 AFL clubs competing in the finals. I'll be giving the Allies and South Australia their byes in these two weeks as they are the weaker teams and would be hit hardest.

COACHING
I already had some preliminary interest in this concept, with Continstar, Pie 4 Life, peterss and knobby requesting teams. I've decided to vacate the Allies job, meaning its open to application. Preferably the coach will either coach an AFLTM from an Allie state or be from there themselves, but at the end of the day, as long as we've got coaches there I don't mind. If there's sufficient interest from other coaches I may even open up a reserve or Under-23 comp, but I doubt we'd get another 5 coaches wanting to put their hand up.

Last edited:
FIXTURES/RESULTS

Week 1
| AFL Round 20, AFLTM Finals Week 1
Round 1.png

Week 2 | AFL Round 21, AFLTM Finals Week 2
Western Australia vs Victoria Metro
South Australia vs Allies
Bye - Victoria Country

Week 3 | AFL Round 22, AFLTM Finals Week 3
South Australia vs Victoria Metro
Victoria Country vs Allies
Bye - Western Australia

Week 4 | AFL Round 23, AFLTM Finals Week 4
South Australia vs Victoria Country
Western Australia vs Allies
Bye - Victoria Metro

Week 5 | AFL Finals Week 1, AFLTM Off-Season
Victoria Country vs Western Australia
Victoria Metro vs Allies
Bye - South Australia

Last edited:
proxy.php

ALLIES
Defenders
Aliir Aliir (Ballarat) (K)
Harris Andrews (Adelaide) (K)
Grant Birchall (Wagga Wagga)
Sam Gilbert (West Coast) (K)
Jarrod Harbrow (Wagga Wagga)
Jeremy Howe (Gold Coast)
Liam Jones (Gold Coast) (K)
Jake Kolodjashnij (Western)
Steven May (Albury-Wodonga) (K)
Alex Pearce (Albury-Wodonga) (K)
Dane Rampe (Melbourne) (K)
Matt Suckling (Melbourne)
Rory Thompson (Gippsland) (K)
Zach Tuohy (Gold Coast)
Jimmy Webster (Northern)
Lachie Weller (St Kilda)
Zac Williams (Geelong)

Midfielders

Jed Anderson (Ballarat)
David Armitage (Albury-Wodonga)
Dayne Beams (Melbourne)
Hugh Greenwood (Western)
Isaac Heeney (Harbour City)
Jacob Hopper (Brisbane)
Kieren Jack (Harbour City)
Jarrad McVeigh (Gold Coast)
Brandan Parfitt (Geelong)
Mitch Robinson (Safety Bay)
Alex Sexton (Ballarat)
Isaac Smith (Harbour City)
Jack Steele (Northern Territory)
Dayne Zorko (Gold Coast)

Ruckmen

Tom Bellchambers (Melbourne)
Tom Hickey (Ballarat)
Toby Nankervis (Gippsland)
Jarrod Witts (Wagga Wagga)

Forwards

Ben Brown (Brisbane) (K)
Luke Breust (St Kilda)
Mason Cox (Gold Coast) (K)
Charlie Dixon (St Kilda) (K)
Tom Hawkins (Geelong) (K)
Harrison Himmelberg (Melbourne) (K)
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (West Coast)
Brody Mihocek (Gold Coast) (K)
Steven Motlop (Gippsland)
Jack Riewoldt (Harbour City) (K)
Daniel Rioli (Western)
Willie Rioli (Albury-Wodonga)
Jacob Townsend (Adelaide)
Taylor Walker (West Coast) (K)
Maverick Weller (Albury-Wodonga)

SA.gif

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Defenders
Riley Bonner (West Coast)
Luke Brown (Ballarat)
Shaun Burgoyne (Northern)
Ryan Burton (Geelong)
Phil Davis (St Kilda) (K)
Heath Grundy (Brisbane) (K)
Jack Hombsch (Safety Bay) (K)
Shannon Hurn (Northern Territory)
Tom Jonas (Harbour City) (K)
Rory Laird (Adelaide)
Jordan Murdoch (Gippsland)
Matt Scharenberg (Brisbane)
Brodie Smith (Safety Bay)

Midfielders
James Aish (Gippsland)
Caleb Daniel (West Coast)
Trent Dumont (Ballarat)
Luke Dunstan (Adelaide)
Brad Ebert (Gold Coast)
Bryce Gibbs (Gold Coast)
Jack Graham (Gippsland)
Levi Greenwood (Gold Coast)
Ryan Griffen (Gold Coast)
Will Hayward (Harbour City)
George Hewett (Safety Bay)
Sean Lemmens (Northern Territory)
Alex Neal-Bullen (Harbour City)
Lachie Neale (Western)
Jared Polec (Brisbane)
Jack Redden (Safety Bay)
Bernie Vince (Safety Bay)
Bailey Williams (Geelong)

Ruckmen
Brodie Grundy (Geelong)
Sam Jacobs (Albury-Wodonga)
Scott Lycett (Wagga Wagga)
Rhys Stanley (Geelong)

Forwards
Brennan Cox (Northern Territory) (K)
Sam Day (Ballarat) (K)
Shane Edwards (Western)
Orazio Fantasia (Safety Bay)
Sam Gray (Harbour City)
Riley Knight (Harbour City)
Daniel Menzel (Northern)
Wayne Milera (Western)
Paul Puopolo (Safety Bay)
Ryan Schoenmakers (Western) (K)
Travis Varcoe (Northern Territory)
Justin Westhoff (Melbourne) (K)
Chad Wingard (Ballarat)
Matthew Wright (Safety Bay)

To be confirmed: Eddie Betts (West Coast), Jack Viney (Gold Coast)

VC.gif

VICTORIA COUNTRY
Defenders
Tom Doedee (Albury-Wodonga)
Brendon Goddard (Safety Bay)
Nick Haynes (Northern Territory)
Lachlan Henderson (Geelong) (K)
Luke Hodge (West Coast)
Caleb Marchbank (Wagga Wagga) (K)
Tom McDonald (Gold Coast) (K)
Robbie Tarrant (Northern) (K)
Alex Witherden (Adelaide)

Midfielders
Gary Ablett (Northern Territory)
Taylor Adams (Northern Territory)
Travis Boak (West Coast)
Matt Crouch (Harbour City)
Ben Cunnington (West Coast)
Ed Curnow (West Coast)
Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong)
Brett Deledio (Gold Coast)
Josh Dunkley (Ballarat)
Shaun Grigg (Wagga Wagga)
James Harmes (Brisbane)
Dyson Heppell (Northern)
Jacob Hopper (Brisbane)
Nathan Jones (West Coast)
Jordan Lewis (Harbour City)
Dustin Martin (Safety Bay)
Hugh McCluggage (Adelaide)
Zach Merrett (Melbourne)
Clayton Oliver (Adelaide)
Luke Parker (Geelong)
Scott Pendlebury (St Kilda)
Tom Rockliff (Albury-Wodonga)
Tom Scully (Wagga Wagga)
Joel Selwood (Geelong)
Scott Selwood (Melbourne)
Steele Sidebottom (Brisbane)
Jack Steven (Western)
Lewis Taylor (Northern Territory)
Lachie Whitfield (West Coast)
Ollie Wines (Wagga Wagga)

Ruckmen
Dawson Simpson (Brisbane)

Forwards
Jeremy Cameron (Ballarat) (K)
Charlie Curnow (Albury-Wodonga) (K)
Shaun Higgins (Gold Coast)
David Mundy (Gippsland)
Tom Papley (Brisbane)
Jarryd Roughead (Wagga Wagga) (K)
Devon Smith (St Kilda)
Jake Stringer (St Kilda) (K)
Jarrad Waite (Wagga Wagga) (K)
Jack Ziebell (Gold Coast)

VM.gif

VICTORIA METRO
Defenders
Mitch Brown (Melbourne) (K)
Jake Carlisle (West Coast) (K)
Brandon Ellis (Northern Territory)
Sam Frost (unlisted) (K)
Dylan Grimes (Gippsland) (K)
Bachar Houli (Wagga Wagga)
Michael Hurley (Gold Coast) (K)
Andrew McGrath (Northern)
Luke Ryan (Melbourne)
Adam Saad (Gippsland)
Heath Shaw (Harbour City)
Jayden Short (Safety Bay)
Kade Simpson (Melbourne)
Daniel Talia (Albury-Wodonga) (K)
Adam Tomlinson (St Kilda) (K)
Nick Vlastuin (Western)

Midfielders
Marcus Bontempelli (Geelong)
Angus Brayshaw (Adelaide)
Trent Cotchin (Gippsland)
Andrew Gaff (St Kilda)
Lachlan Hunter (Melbourne)
Josh Kelly (Northern)
Josh Kennedy (Northern Territory)
Jackson Macrae (Ballarat)
Marc Murphy (Safety Bay)
Tom Phillips (Brisbane)
Luke Shuey (Melbourne)
Rory Sloane (Gippsland)
Callan Ward (Albury-Wodonga)
David Zaharakis (Melbourne)

Ruckmen
Max Gawn (Gippsland)
Todd Goldstein (Northern Territory)
Matt Kreuzer (Safety Bay)
Stefan Martin (Northern)

Forwards
Jack Billings (Brisbane)
Josh Caddy (Wagga Wagga)
Majak Daw (Gold Coast) (K)
Jordan De Goey (Ballarat)
Robbie Gray (Wagga Wagga)
Toby Greene (Harbour City)
Jack Gunston (Harbour City) (K)
Kane Lambert (Wagga Wagga)
Ed Langdon (St Kilda)
Daniel McStay (Northern Territory) (K)
Callum Moore (West Coast) (K)
Darcy Moore (Geelong) (K)
Christian Petracca (Northern Territory)
Tim Taranto (Brisbane)
Jack Watts (St Kilda) (K)
Peter Wright (Ballarat) (K)

WA.gif

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Defenders
Tom Barrass (Adelaide) (K)
Cedric Cox (West Coast)
Joel Hamling (Northern) (K)
Stephen Hill (Albury-Wodonga)
Cale Hooker (Melbourne) (K)
Neville Jetta (Ballarat)
Jason Johannisen (Northern Territory)
Jeremy McGovern (Geelong) (K)
Kamdyn McIntosh (Western)
Alex Rance (Western) (K)
Daniel Rich (West Coast)
Nick Robertson (Adelaide)
Brad Sheppard (St Kilda)
Ben Stratton (Melbourne)
Harry Taylor (Harbour City) (K)
Marley Williams (West Coast)
Nathan Wilson (Ballarat)
Elliot Yeo (Gold Coast)

Midfielders

Blake Acres (Ballarat)
Stephen Coniglio (Northern Territory)
Patrick Cripps (Melbourne)
Mitch Duncan (Geelong)
Nathan Fyfe (Geelong)
Bradley Hill (West Coast)
Tim Kelly (Brisbane)
Lewis Jetta (St Kilda)
Chris Masten (Adelaide)
Tom Mitchell (Ballarat)
Jaeger O'Meara (Gippsland)
Sam Powell-Pepper (Western)
Dom Sheed (Harbour City)
David Swallow (Wagga Wagga)

Ruckmen
Tim English (Ballarat)
Matthew Leuenberger (Melbourne)
Rory Lobb (Albury-Wodonga)
Patrick Ryder (Northern Territory)

Forwards
Hayden Ballantyne (Northern Territory)
Jamie Cripps (Safety Bay)
Jack Darling (Albury-Wodonga) (K)
Lance Franklin (Geelong) (K)
Jeff Garlett (St Kilda)
Jesse Hogan (Western) (K)
Josh Kennedy (West Coast) (K)
Mark LeCras (St Kilda)
Brandon Matera (Northern Territory)
Mitch McGovern (Wagga Wagga) (K)
Cam McCarthy (Western) (K)
Sam Menegola (Safety Bay)
Liam Ryan (Harbour City)
Michael Walters (Western)

Last edited:

reserved for stats

Dandenong is a Vic Country side btw.

Both Treloar and Clayton Oliver are Country players ;)

Not that Treloar will be playing anyway lol.

You sure? Isn't Dandenong a suburb of Melbourne? Or is their catchment area enough to warrant being Country? And is that the same for Eastern?

You sure? Isn't Dandenong a suburb of Melbourne? Or is their catchment area enough to warrant being Country? And is that the same for Eastern?

Oh I think I have a fairly good idea considering what I do for a job (AFL Draft website).

100% Country. Some argue it should be Metro and Calder be country but it’s so it’s a 6-6 split for teams. LDU and Hunter Clark and Oscar Clavarino (all Dandy boys played for VC last year for one example)

Oh I think I have a fairly good idea considering what I do for a job (AFL Draft website).

100% Country. Some argue it should be Metro and Calder be country but it’s so it’s a 6-6 split for teams. LDU and Hunter Clark and Oscar Clavarino (all Dandy boys played for VC last year for one example)

Alright fair enough then. You won't need a list of eligible players then. ;)

Alright fair enough then. You won't need a list of eligible players then. ;)
You could say that. The midfield would destroy any other midfield by the length of the straight.

Put it this way, based on the scoring system, Dustin Martin doesn't make the team.

You could say that. The midfield would destroy any other midfield by the length of the straight.

Put it this way, based on the scoring system, Dustin Martin doesn't make the team.

By all means choose players purely on AFLTM form. I wanna see Ed Curnow before we see Dangerfield.

SA Training Squad
Will be cut down to 40 when required

Adelaide
L Dunstan
R Laird

Ballarat
L Brown
S Day
T Dumont
C Wingard

Brisbane
H Grundy
J Polec
M Scharenberg

Albury-Wodonga
S Jacobs

Geelong
R Burton
B Grundy
B Williams

Gippsland
J Aish
J Graham

Gold Coast
B Ebert
B Gibbs
L Greenwood
R Griffen
T O'Brien
J Viney (I'll need a ruling on this he lived in SA when his Dad was an assistant coach at Adelaide about 4 years, from memory he was SA u16 captain and represented both SA & Vic in U18s)

Harbour City
S Gray
W Hayward
T Jonas
A Neal-Bullen

Melbourne
J Westhoff

Northern Reds
S Burgoyne

NT Thunder
S Hurn
B Cox
S Lemmens
T Varcoe

Safety Bay
O Fantasia
G Hewitt
P Puopolo
J Redden

St Kilda
P Davis

Wagga Wagga
M Wright
S Lycett

West Coast
E Betts
R Bonner
C Daniel

Western Vultures
S Edwards
W Milera
L Neale

J Viney (I'll need a ruling on this he lived in SA when his Dad was an assistant coach at Adelaide about 4 years, from memory he was SA u16 captain and represented both SA & Vic in U18s)

So the State of Origin ages are 13-17 I believe. You could change this to Year 8 to 12. It appears he spent Year 9 and 10 (2009-10) in Adelaide, and Years 8, 11 and 12 (2008, 2011-12) in Victoria. Therefore I'll say he's Victorian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In both of these cases I feel bad giving even more players for Victoria, but I also need to have continuity and consistency. Thanks for raising this knobby and good thinking with the squad. I'm thinking, due to the lack of other interest so far, that I will take over Allies, and I might do the same as yourself.

SA Training Squad
Will be cut down to 40 when required

Adelaide
L Dunstan
R Laird

Ballarat
L Brown
S Day
T Dumont
C Wingard

Brisbane
H Grundy
J Polec
M Scharenberg

Albury-Wodonga
S Jacobs

Geelong
R Burton
B Grundy
B Williams

Gippsland
J Aish
J Graham

Gold Coast
B Ebert
B Gibbs
L Greenwood
R Griffen
T O'Brien

Harbour City
S Gray
W Hayward
T Jonas
A Neal-Bullen

Melbourne
J Westhoff

Northern Reds
S Burgoyne

NT Thunder
S Hurn
B Cox
S Lemmens
T Varcoe

Safety Bay
O Fantasia
G Hewitt
P Puopolo
J Redden

St Kilda
P Davis

Wagga Wagga
M Wright
S Lycett

West Coast
E Betts
R Bonner
C Daniel

Western Vultures
S Edwards
W Milera
L Neale

Some more you might have missed that are scoring well/can fill gaps:

Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Luke Brown, Rhys Stanley, Jordan Murdoch, Lindsay Thomas, Hamish Hartlett, Lewis Young

Allies extended squad (to be cut to 40):

Adelaide Lions

Harris Andrews (QLD)
Jacob Townsend (NSW)

Albury-Wodonga Galahs
David Armitage (QLD)
Charlie Cameron (QLD)
Steven May (NT)
Alex Pearce (TAS)
Willie Rioli (NT)
Maverick Weller (TAS)

Ballarat Dragons
Aliir Aliir (QLD)
Jed Anderson (NT)
Tom Hickey (QLD)

Brisbane Bears
Ben Brown (TAS)
Kade Kolodjashnij (TAS)

Geelong
Brandan Parfitt (NT)
Zac Williams (NSW)
Tom Hawkins (NSW)

Gippsland Sharks
Steven Motlop (NT)
Toby Nankervis (TAS)
Rory Thompson (QLD)
Cyril Rioli (NT)

Gold Coast Devils
Mason Cox (INT)
Jeremy Howe (TAS)
Liam Jones (TAS)
Jarrad McVeigh (NSW)
Brody Mihocek (TAS)
Zach Tuohy (INT)
Dayne Zorko (QLD)

Harbour City Hornets
Isaac Heeney (NSW)
Kieren Jack (NSW)
Jack Riewoldt (TAS)
Isaac Smith (NSW)

Melbourne
Dayne Beams (NSW)
Tom Bellchambers (TAS)
Curtly Hampton (NT)
Matt Suckling (NSW)

Northern Reds
Aaron Hall (TAS)
Pearce Hanley (INT)

NT Thunder
Josh Bruce (ACT)
Jack Steele (ACT)

Safety Bay Stingrays
Mitch Robinson (TAS)

St Kilda Titans
Luke Breust (NSW)
Charlie Dixon (QLD)
Lachie Weller (QLD/TAS)

Wagga Wagga Warthogs
Grant Birchall (TAS)
Jarrod Harbrow (QLD)
Jarrod Witts (NSW)

West Coast
Sam Gilbert (QLD)
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (NT)
Taylor Walker (NSW)

Western Vultures
Daniel Rioli (NT)

We will be kicking off the State of Origin tournament shortly, with the first games being played during AFL Round 20 (week 1 of the AFLTM finals). Can knobby, Continstar, peterss and Pie 4 Life please name their 40-man squads for the tournament by 11:59pm Sunday 29th July (the end of Round 19).

Some things to keep in mind:

- You can only name players in your team that aren't playing in the AFLTM comp in the same week, so for the first week of finals, you'll have eight clubs' worth of players missing. Once a club is eliminated, you can use their players again. I'm going to allow the use of a team's players if they win in week 1 and skip week 2.

- The last week of State of Origin will be played during the first week of AFL finals, so keep in mind you'll lose 10 clubs worth of players there.

- The 2 KPD, 2 KPF, 1 Ruck rule still applies.

I'm hoping that 40 players is more than enough to combat these hurdles.

Vic Country:

ABLETT, Gary (Geelong)
ADAMS, Taylor (Collingwood)
BOAK, Travis (Port Adelaide)
CAMERON, Jeremy (GWS)
CROUCH, Matt (Adelaide)
CUNNINGTON, Ben (North Melbourne)
CURNOW, Charlie (Carlton)
CURNOW, Ed (Carlton)
DANGERFIELD, Patrick (Geelong)
DELEDIO, Brett (GWS)
DOEDEE, Tom (Adelaide)
DUNKLEY, Josh (Western Bulldogs)
GODDARD, Brendon (Essendon)
GRIGG, Shaun (Richmond)
HARMES, James (Melbourne)
HAYNES, Nick (GWS)
HENDERSON, Lachlan (Geelong)
HEPPELL, Dyson (Essendon)
HIGGINS, Shaun (North Melbourne)
HODGE, Luke (Brisbane)
HOPPER, Jacob (GWS)
JONES, Nathan (Melbourne)
LEWIS, Jordan (Melbourne)
MARCHBANK, Caleb (Carlton)
MARTIN, Dustin (Richmond)
MCCLUGGAGE, Hugh (Brisbane)
MCDONALD, Tom (Melbourne)
MERRETT, Zac (Essendon)
MUNDY, David (Fremantle)
OLIVER, Clayton (Melbourne)
PAPLEY, Tom (Sydney)
PARKER, Luke (Sydney)
PENDLEBURY, Scott (Collingwood)
ROCKLIFF, Tom (Port Adelaide)
ROUGHEAD, Jarryd (Hawthorn)
SCULLY, Tom (GWS)
SELWOOD, Joel (Geelong)
SELWOOD, Scott (Geelong)
SIDEBOTTOM, Steele (Collingwood)
SIMPSON, Dawson (GWS)
SMITH, Devon (Essendon)
STEVEN, Jack (St Kilda)
STRINGER, Jake (Essendon)
TARRANT, Robbie (North Melbourne)
TAYLOR, Lewis (Brisbane)
WAITE, Jarrad (North Melbourne)
WHITFIELD, Lachie (GWS)
WINES, Ollie (Port Adelaide)
WITHERDEN, Alex (Brisbane)
ZIEBELL, Jack (North Melbourne)

Out for year/too long: Tom Lynch (GC), Adam Treloar (COLL), Sam Docherty (CARL), Dylan Roberton (STK), Ben Reid (COLL), Brad Crouch (ADE), Ben McEvoy (HAW), Koby Stevens (STK), Sam Reid (SYD), Luke Dahlhaus (WB)

Will cut it down obviously, but just getting a list happening for when it comes around to cut down injuries.

Last edited:
Continstar just letting you know that Vic Metro players are players drafted from the following TAC Cup sides: Calder, Sandringham, Northern, Eastern, Western and Oakleigh.

Continstar just letting you know that Vic Metro players are players drafted from the following TAC Cup sides: Calder, Sandringham, Northern, Eastern, Western and Oakleigh.
With the exception of this bloke:

images

Zac Merrett (Sandringham Dragons - Vic Country)

Hailed from Cobden, boarded over at Sandy, but origin goes back to your original club. Kyle Dunkley is another example this year (not that he's at the same level).

With the exception of this bloke:

images

Zac Merrett (Sandringham Dragons - Vic Country)

Hailed from Cobden, boarded over at Sandy, but origin goes back to your original club. Kyle Dunkley is another example this year (not that he's at the same level).

I think Tom Hawkins (Sandringham) would be an exception too, eligible for NSW/ACT rather than Vic Metro, another boarder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back