AFLW 2017 - R1 - Melbourne v Brisbane, Casey Fields, 5.05pm (Fox, AFL.com.au, watchafl.com)

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome stuff. Our men's team wouldn't have kicked any more than 4 goals in these conditions! Great to win!

Saw better skills at Auskick yesterday morning. It's a terrible viewing.

Really is horrendous. Good of them for giving it a go but the afl should pull the national league until such time as the skills are of a watchable level. At the moment the deplorable skills on display are damaging the brand

Really is horrendous. Good of them for giving it a go but the afl should pull the national league until such time as the skills are of a watchable level. At the moment the deplorable skills on display are damaging the brand
Just as we're actually doing well at something. :rage:

Ratings and crowds indicate its already watchable to hundreds of thousands of people. Damaging the brand? hahahaha. whatever.

Highly constructive comment that one
I didn't know comments on a footy forum had to be constructive. For what is supposed to be the pinnacle of female footy, the skill level is deplorable. The AFL has killed it before it's fully begun.

They should have given it another year or so, allows the players to train and practice together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 4 year old son kicks his footy better. What a train wreck.
I would like to see your 4 year old kick the footy while being chased by other elite 4 years old in the pouring rain

How about we wait til week 7 to slag off a new competition. I guarantee you next weeks gameday threads wont be anywhere near as tolerant of this.

As JVseven said above... didn't realise that we weren't able to discuss all matters footy related both positive and negative on a footy forum.

They went at 40% disposal efficiency last night yet if you listened to 90% of people on here and 99% of the media the games couldn't have been better :$:$:$

As JVseven said above... didn't realise that we weren't able to discuss all matters footy related both positive and negative on a footy forum.

Its fine as long as its not ad nauseum.

They went at 40% disposal efficiency last night yet if you listened to 90% of people on here and 99% of the media the games couldn't have been better :$:$:$

Thats not because they were superstars and silky smooth, its because the competition is about more than just skill levels at this point. A little more of a big picture outlook would be greatly approeciated.

How about we wait til week 7 to slag off a new competition. I guarantee you next weeks gameday threads wont be anywhere near as tolerant of this.

Unless your name is Gill, you seriously cannot censor negative comments. It happens all the time in game threads and a lot worse gets through.

People have a right to say I don't like this.

I didn't know comments on a footy forum had to be constructive.

They should always be constructive.

For what is supposed to be the pinnacle of female footy, the skill level is deplorable. The AFL has killed it before it's fully begun.

I dont think theres anybody at AFL HQ or at an AFL Club or in Female footy that would buy what you are trying to sell.

They should have given it another year or so, allows the players to train and practice together.

Maybe, but they didnt and here we are.

Unless your name is Gill, you seriously cannot censor negative comments. It happens all the time in game threads and a lot worse gets through.

You are going to be in for a surprise next week then.

People have a right to say I don't like this.

Australia doesnt have a right to free speech.

which doesnt apply to internet forums or private businesses.

Why can't you accept alternative views. If you want to blame anyone, blame the AFL who ignored women's football for ages. Yes they have done something now and yes we have to patient, this will take time and more and more girls will start to play. But as of now, people can say they don't like it. Not sure why you are being so defensive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back