AFLW 2017 - R1 - Melbourne v Brisbane, Casey Fields, 5.05pm (Fox, AFL.com.au, watchafl.com)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why can't you accept alternative views. If you want to blame anyone, blame the AFL who ignored women's football for ages. Yes they have done something now and yes we have to patient, this will take time and more and more girls will start to play. But as of now, people can say they don't like it. Not sure why you are being so defensive.

I can acccept them - I have been accepting them for three days. They just wont be allowed to derail gameday threads next weekend or after that. You surely dont need to make your point every goddamn week?

I can acccept them - I have been accepting them for three days. They just wont be allowed to derail gameday threads next weekend or after that. You surely dont need to make your point every goddamn week?

Are you seriously going to ask that of an Essendon supporter? There was a drug reference in every single game thread FFS. Anyway my last word on it. do as you like

Are you seriously going to ask that of an Essendon supporter? There was a drug reference in every single game thread FFS. Anyway my last word on it. do as you like

We did try to moderate as much of that out as we could. gameday threads during the main afl season move rapidly. Im sorry if we couldnt deliver better service in your time of need.

I didn't know comments on a footy forum had to be constructive. For what is supposed to be the pinnacle of female footy, the skill level is deplorable. The AFL has killed it before it's fully begun.

They should have given it another year or so, allows the players to train and practice together.
Fair call, just thought if you'd go to the effort of posting, you could have added a little more.

Which Auskick center out of interest?

Hard slog, 4 points don't come cheap in this comp. Huge result for Brisbane under the circumstances, those kind of wins go straight to the pool room. Harris nullified by the conditions, but they ground it out. What may have been anticipated to be exceptional pressure around the ball could in actuality be the minimum effort required. Any coach hoping to control games through high-intensity tackling alone needs to crack a 4-pack of Red Bull, dig out the old yellow legal pad, fire up the film projector, blast Round 1 on repeat and nut out a plan b (not that they wouldn't be doing that anyway).

Fair call, just thought if you'd go to the effort of posting, you could have added a little more.

Which Auskick center out of interest?
Funnily enough. All girls Auskick in Claremont (Perth).

Please don't get me wrong, I think a women's AFL comp is a fantastic thing. I just think it feels completely rushed, and in gameplay, it shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back