Preview AFLW 2017 R2 vs Melbourne (Saturday, 11th Feb, 7.40pm @ PRINCES PARK) - VENUE CHANGED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It warms the cockles of my heart to see AFLW is doing so well that it's causing headaches for the organisers.

The anarchist inside me is skipping with joy :)

But I would not expect to keep up

Reckon I'll go this Saturday. Plenty of room for improvement in the team, I'd like to be there to see it.

Anyone else going? I'm curious to know what time others may head down, whether people will turn up for both games etc.

Reckon I'll go this Saturday. Plenty of room for improvement in the team, I'd like to be there to see it.

Anyone else going? I'm curious to know what time others may head down, whether people will turn up for both games etc.

Going to watch on TV as Too Late to coming home by myself

'Scuse the intrusion...

It's going to be a long day for a lot of Carlton fans as our family day is on the Northern Lawn from 1.30pm. I imagine that most people with kids will skip your game as otherwise they will be at the ground for 8 or 9 hours. Hopefully that will minimise the number of Carlton fans sticking around for the double header so Collingwood and Melbourne supporters have a chance to get in.
You can stay but the rest of your kind are welcome to go home ;)

Collingwood
B:
Tara Morgan, Stacey Livingstone, Meg Hutchins
HB: Stephanie Chiocci, Nic Stevens, Cecilia McIntosh
C: Amelia Barden
HF: Jess Cameron, Jasmine Garner, Alicia Eva
F: Sarah D’Arcy, Moana Hope, Emma Grant
Foll: Emma King, Brittany Bonnici, Bree White
Int: Christina Bernardi, Lou Wotton, Penny Cula-Reid, Melissa Kuys, Sophie Casey, Caitlyn Edwards
Emg: Lauren Tesoriero, Ruby Schleicher

IN: Melissa Kuys, Penny Cula-Reid, Lou Wotton
OUT: Lauren Tesoriero (omitted), Ruby Schleicher (omitted), Helen Roden (omitted)
http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-02-09/aflw-selection-three-changes

I'm going. Gotta support our girls, especially after a poor start.

I doubt very much if the crowd will be anything like the size of last Friday, so probably aim to get there around 7ish.

Melbourne

B:
Meg Downie (2), Mia-Rae Clifford (44), Katherine Smith (13)
HB: Daisy Pearce (6), Laura Duryea (11), Shelley Scott (20)
C: Elise O’Dea (5)
HF: Karen Paxman (4), Deanna Berry (7), Lily Mithen (14)
F: Sarah Lampard (8), Jessica Anderson (28), Cat Phillips (35)
Foll: Harriet Cordner (21), Lauren Pearce (15), Mel Hickey (18)
Int: Emma Humphries (3), Aliesha Newman (16), Sarah Jolly (10), Jasmine Grierson (19), Maddy Boyd (25), Alyssa Mifsud (9)

Emg: Ainslie Kemp (36), Brooke Patterson (24)

IN: Sarah Jolly
OUT: Richelle Cranston (suspended)

Just the 'pies game for me, aiming to get there about 6.30pm.

At least Collingwood didn't lose the FTA game through the shift in venue. With a whole new audience tuning into the footy not too many will have Fox Footy or be aware of the alternative viewing methods the FTA games will be the only big raters, the more people watching Collingwood the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a bit surprised to see Schleicher listed in the emergencies this week. I thought she played a more than decent game last Friday. I suppose it might be a match-up thing.

I was a bit surprised to see Schleicher listed in the emergencies this week. I thought she played a more than decent game last Friday. I suppose it might be a match-up thing.

Lou Wotton
A former triathlete who retired from footy in 2014 but decided to nominate for the draft after watching the 2016 exhibition series matches. An experienced ruck and twice a VWFL best-and-fairest. Extremely fit and won the club's 2km time trial.

They might think Wotton will be able to run out the game better than Schleicher.

Lou Wotton
A former triathlete who retired from footy in 2014 but decided to nominate for the draft after watching the 2016 exhibition series matches. An experienced ruck and twice a VWFL best-and-fairest. Extremely fit and won the club's 2km time trial.

They might think Wotton will be able to run out the game better than Schleicher.

Sounds reasonable. Schleicher is only 18, so might not have built up her tank yet.

Sounds reasonable. Schleicher is only 18, so might not have built up her tank yet.

Yep, that would make some sense. No doubting that last week's game was intense, so no surprise if a few players need to rest up. Wotton sounds like a handy inclusion.

I don't understand why they are vacating the ground between games.
After all, the s*ithole that is the filths ground comes from an era of three games on a Saturday.

to make sure everyone who wants to go to the night game can and get decent seating. Also accurate crowd counts for each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back