AFLW 2017 - R3 - What have you liked, learnt or hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiger Snake

Senior List
Sep 5, 2011
Yarra Falls End
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders / South Sydney
LOVED... great run by Kate McCarthy... six bounces and great goal
right in front of me ;-)
liked... being at the first game up here, the crowd, the venue, standing at the footy...
learnt... that nobody has even considered sight lines at the venue!!! the light towers have these dirty great big fuse boxes that block views of the ground, i couldn't see the forward pocket at one end and the players bench / interchange area they had a 20 x 20 pop up for players sun protection however but blocked the view from the wing to the pocket on the grandstand side...
hated... nothing :) just happy to be at a game

Liked - creating history with the first draw (better than a loss)

Learnt - a legitimate bump is now a free kick against (only this could happen to Freo)

Hated - 5 free kicks in a WHOLE GAME!!! Where's the out....(oh wait, it's not a Victorian team being bent over so it doesn't matter)

Why did Melbourne win a trophy not sure they did anything to earn it
Hampson-Hardeman Trophy, played for between the Dogs and MFC as the original womens' sides.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has a top four started to emerge this weekend? Almost impossible to see Fremantle, GWS or Collingwood make the grand final from here with 0 wins so far. Bulldogs are on their last chance now essentially too - will be two wins out of the Top 2 with only 4 games left to make up that ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Surely they could have learnt this vicariously.

(Although, I would have guessed the same people make this decision in both leagues.)
I'm sure some of the way things are done was copied, no benefit in reinventing the wheel.
I expect the actual people making it happen are different, and that's what I meant.

Last edited:

Nick Lions

All Australian
Sep 15, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
LOVED... great run by Kate McCarthy... six bounces and great goal
right in front of me ;-)
liked... being at the first game up here, the crowd, the venue, standing at the footy...
learnt... that nobody has even considered sight lines at the venue!!! the light towers have these dirty great big fuse boxes that block views of the ground, i couldn't see the forward pocket at one end and the players bench / interchange area they had a 20 x 20 pop up for players sun protection however but blocked the view from the wing to the pocket on the grandstand side...
hated... nothing :) just happy to be at a game
Wasn't a great viewing venue unless you were on the fence. That said, the ground was in good shape. The game was quite congested but I really enjoyed it.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
The umpz were putrid in the gws v freo game.

Yeah, but it was putrid both ways at times. Swings and roundabouts. 6:7 to 7:1 - I'd be looking at other factors for the result first.

Loved: the atmosphere at Blacktown - Thought the Fridges were an absolute standout.

Learned: that if the home team normally wears a predominantly white strip the away team shouldn't be wearing their clash jumper. And they should have known before getting on the plane.

Hated: a draw. Give me another five/ten minutes please.

Loved - Daisy showing off Daisy, Mifsud kicking 3, Melbourne becoming a force
Hated - Umpiring in Q4 Melbourne v WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back