AFLW 2017 - R5 - What have you liked, learnt or hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved: the standard is getting better and better every week.

Liked: Whilst i'm disappointed my team lost, seeing brisbane at the top is great for footy, AFL will be loving this, especially all the commotion that has happened up their, hopefully the men's team benefits greatly from it.

Hated: Goal kicking needs some fixing, examples like fremantle today is costing teams wins

Loved: Kicking and marking seem to have improved week on week. Brisbane V Adelaide was great, as was the Blues V Dogs game.

Learnt: Despite what some thought, in the first game where time wasting was required they wasted time the same way the men do, short kicks. Accurate goal kickers are a must with games being decided by a few points, Fremantle will be hurting due to so many missed chances - See Vescio, Perkins.

Hated: Nothing really

Learned that having a commentator openly/unashamedly barracking for Collingwood is insufferable.Also learned that a player running at full pace with the ball and taking nineteen steps without bouncing the ball before kicking a goal is not an issue in women's football.
In fairness, that is an issue in the men's sometimes. They seem to give you more leeway the closer to goal you get - just don't try and do it running out of the back line, they'll ping you dead on your 9th step.

Liked: Norwood Oval, Chelsea Randall and a contest that could have gone either way.

Learned: There are too many players who are one sided, even in the better teams and composure was lacking on both sides.

Hated: my mob losing to the pies. I don't care if it's footy or dachshund racing, must beat teams at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great contest,I watched the highlights package,players going in hard.
The Women's game will only improve.

Some great long goal kicking from Adelaide's goat,Sarah Perkins.
Although I am still puzzled as to why she took a mark in second quarter then tried to snap around her body very close to Brisbane defender and got touched off boot and missed

Although I am still puzzled as to why she took a mark in second quarter then tried to snap around her body very close to Brisbane defender and got touched off boot and missed

I believe it was touched when she marked and called play on, no doubt with Sarah she would of taken her time and gone back if it hadn't.

Brisbane to continue undefeated?
They and Adelaide seem to be a class above, as they've dealt with Adelaide now you'd think so.

Carlton possibly, is Vescio can continue kicking goals like she is currently. Their round 7 game at Ikon could be huge.

Hated: Goal kicking needs some fixing, examples like fremantle today is costing teams wins

I'm not sure that's an exclusively female issue lol.
Saw Richo miss far worse for the Tiges

Brisbane proving the champion team beats A team of champions
Absolutely- I read that the vast majority of their list have played together previously so they are undoubtedly the champion team of the AFLW at this stage. The other benefit for the Lions is that most of their girls are Qlders. No 'go home factor' is a real positive for them in terms of marketing and team cohesion.

Absolutely- I read that the vast majority of their list have played together previously so they are undoubtedly the champion team of the AFLW at this stage. The other benefit for the Lions is that most of their girls are Qlders. No 'go home factor' is a real positive for them in terms of marketing and team cohesion.
That, and almost no significant injuries. Most of the teams have lost key players, and the shallow squads mean there is no way of filling the gap. Imagine the Lions without SFT and Bates or Virgo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back