Autopsy AFLW 2017 R6 v GWS (Olympic Park) game #12. Hat trick of WINS!! 3 in row & highest AFLW score!!! #33

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive win Pies. Pity our percentage is so poor, otherwise we could be playing for a Grand Final spot against the Crows next week.

That will help the percentage. We played some really crisp fluent passages of play today and it's the best I've seen us move the footy.

Edit: up to 92.7%, still 70 behind Adelaide, but only 20 behind Carlton and damn it would be nice to finish above the blues.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy the we'd have won against Carlton and Melbourne if the matches were at Olympic park, while the club admitted we got sucked wide against Carlton we're playing much better footy and as a team now. A longer preseason or a couple more practice games would have made a bigger difference.

I can only imagine the disappointments and doubts after we lost the first three games, but to pull it together and win the next three is a testament to some serious mental fortitude. I'm very impressed, and more than a little relieved that we're not contending for the spoon.

Nice strong finish for the girls. They will learn a lot this year. At least we didn't win the spoon which looked like it could have been a possibility after the first couple of rounds. A big game next week against the Crows, hopefully they can finish the year off well.

I think Hope will know what's expected of her because she really is the key for us moving up the ladder next season. She's so talented but I think she has to work hard in the offseason because it's not going to fall in place as easy as she probably thought. I think she'll have a better year next year.

I don't buy the we'd have won against Carlton and Melbourne if the matches were at Olympic park, while the club admitted we got sucked wide against Carlton we're playing much better footy and as a team now. A longer preseason or a couple more practice games would have made a bigger difference.

Was going to say It's played on grass, 4 white sticks up each end and no home ground advantage
because none of the women had played a proper game on the grounds

No chance of making the GF.
View attachment 344779
Whatever we gain Adelaide loses and vice versa, 49 points is the magic number that would see us jump Adelaide. Not impossible, but we'd have to play out of our skin and have everything possible go right for us.

Whatever we gain Adelaide loses and vice versa, 49 points is the magic number that would see us jump Adelaide. Not impossible, but we'd have to play out of our skin and have everything possible go right for us.

Brisbane play Carlton, so that helps. We'd also need the Dockers to topple Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back