Discussion AFLW 2017 Season: Predictions, Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
a new thread for the new season, I'll now be locking the old megathread in the same way we operate the normal AFL threads.

I don't suspect there will be enough interest for weekly threads so this will do for now. My interest is to whether the Blues wear a clash jumper tonight...

SPONSOR GUIDE

TEAM | FRONT SPONSOR | BACK SPONSOR | SHORTS SPONSOR | MANUFACTURER

\Adelaide|Workskil Australia|Harris Scarfe|Thomas Farms|COAR
\Brisbane Lions|Hyundai|Hyundai|Austraffic|COAR
\Carlton|Hyundai|MC Labour|ZTE|COAR
\Collingwood|Holden|CGU|Three Three's|COAR
\Fremantle|Woodside|Programmed|Choices Flooring|COAR
\GWS|Harvey Norman|Flexigroup|Sydney Airport|COAR
\Melbourne|iSelect|iSelect|Fernwood Fitness|COAR
\Western Bulldogs|Priceline Pharmacy|Bob Jane T-Marts|The Pancake Parlour|COAR

Last edited:
a new thread for the new season, I'll now be locking the old megathread in the same way we operate the normal AFL threads.

I don't suspect there will be enough interest for weekly threads so this will do for now. My interest is to whether the Blues wear a clash jumper tonight...
I think they will. At first I thought "nah, they'll go for tradition" but then I got to thinking that it's a new competition with new rules and that they'll ignore history to a certain extent. Blues in clash for me.

Eugh, Pies in home jumper with white shorts. When did this turn from a Collingwood home game to a Carlton home game? I thought it was just the venue being changed.

Eugh, Pies in home jumper with white shorts. When did this turn from a Collingwood home game to a Carlton home game? I thought it was just the venue being changed.

The gender has changed, the AFL's bad decision making remains...

MC Labour logo on Carlton's lower back will not help matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mispronunciation of Exon is shitting me.
Also, the umps are wearing plain kits - no manufacturers logos and a simple crew neck collar.
Interesting. I guess that means they'll be wearing whatever they're wearing in the AFL but a replacement deal hasn't been done yet.

Notes from the game:

Carlton:
The Carlton shoulder panels are a darker shade of navy than the rest of the jumper.

Collingwood:
The fact that the stripes don't go all the way up doesn't help the visual clash. Yes, Collingwood would look much better in a white jumper, but the fact that the men's striped have more elite on the jumper helps the white pop more. I hope that makes sense.

-------

Also, Carlton are on top of the ladder. Haven't seen that in ages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back