AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

How excited are you to to follow the AFLW in 2018?

• Maximal anticipation, Can't bloody wait - back-to-back, yeah baby!

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Excited and eager to see the girls defend their title!

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Excited enough to see some footy action

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Neutral - likely will watch some games, not bothered if I have other things to do on the day

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Negative Nellie - just can't get any excitement, even if watching girls kicking some balls

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Strongly opposed to AFLW - bring back State of Origin instead..or AFLX..I only want to see men!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a human rights issue now apparently
o_O Interesting... Imagine the money and resources going into overturning the suspension; probably more than what she gets paid to play football. Of course the MRP is going to be different between AFL and AFLW as season is shorter, salary smaller, etc.

Hahaha. One player/club did a thing therefore all players/clubs are at fault.
ive experienced it in the workplace mate, when things dont go in the exact manner females want it to they play the sexual discrimination card.
i wouldve respect her more if she accepted the ban which she deserves btw

didnt take long for the girls to play the gender discrimination card.

what a phony competition aflw is.

This isn't the girls, this is the Bulldogs with their all male decision makers - the whingiest club in the AFL - playing that card.

As a female footy player I think she deserves to not be playing, quite rightly as one of our main injuries we all have had to deal with over the past couple of years is concussion. Often this is caused by poor tackling technique by an opponent and that club has incredibly poor technique if you cared to watch any of their games. She's done it twice in a season that caused her to be referred to the tribunal. Those are the rules. She and all the clubs agreed to those rules. This is just whinging once again from the bulldogs after they tried the but, but Bob Murphy missed a GF and he's a good bloke defence. She is the player I think is one of the best in the league (much better than Daisy) but she needs to fix her technique. This is in contrast to Randall being told to fix her technique from last year and she did. Look at the difference between the two clubs - one whinges that they are hard done by, the other quietly goes okay they want it done a certain way so we will fix it.

What I don't get is the men have a 3 strikes for reportable offences, but the women's is 2.

Which goes against the Bulldogs arguments that it should be like the men and it's sexual discrimination that it's different. The fact that their reasoning is to bring it in line with the men's competition but taking into account the shorter game season and the payment amounts for players... idiots. The AFL tried to make it fairer and also this was all signed off by the AFLPA and they have been notoriously silent about this issue as well.

This isn't the girls, this is the Bulldogs with their all male decision makers - the whingiest club in the AFL - playing that card.

As a female footy player I think she deserves to not be playing, quite rightly as one of our main injuries we all have had to deal with over the past couple of years is concussion. Often this is caused by poor tackling technique by an opponent and that club has incredibly poor technique if you cared to watch any of their games. She's done it twice in a season that caused her to be referred to the tribunal. Those are the rules. She and all the clubs agreed to those rules. This is just whinging once again from the bulldogs after they tried the but, but Bob Murphy missed a GF and he's a good bloke defence. She is the player I think is one of the best in the league (much better than Daisy) but she needs to fix her technique. This is in contrast to Randall being told to fix her technique from last year and she did. Look at the difference between the two clubs - one whinges that they are hard done by, the other quietly goes okay they want it done a certain way so we will fix it.
There would be one instigator behind all this....Peter Gordon as anyone who knows his history in the law courts representing Unions would realise.

This is the kind of bloke he is...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/su...s/news-story/24278fb033d30c7a11ef58c8ccb1425c

The AFL caused this problem by changing the system, and then by trying their typical authoritarian shut down of all communications under their control to make it an un-problem.

All they had to do to avoid this was pro rata the AFL fine system down to match the AFLW salaries, but as we've seen over the Andrew and Gil years, AFL House is staggeringly incompetent when it comes to the simple stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess when Andrew Dunkley and Barry Hall took their cases to court to play in a GF it was different, yeah?

It was different, they argued that there was insufficient time to mount a defense due to the delay the AFL took charging/hearing the case.

C'mon, the Human Rights Commission - * me dead, that's pathetic.

What a joke of a club they are, although Brennan should bear the responsibility too, she could say "c'mon guys get real"

It was different, they argued that there was insufficient time to mount a defense due to the delay the AFL took charging/hearing the case.

C'mon, the Human Rights Commission - **** me dead, that's pathetic.

What a joke of a club they are, although Brennan should bear the responsibility too, she could say "c'mon guys get real"

I don't disagree with the Dogs being pathetic taking it this far

and to be honest I don't remember the specifics re: Andrew Dunkley

Was just pointing out this isn't the first time this kinda thing has happened

I don't disagree with the Dogs being pathetic taking it this far

and to be honest I don't remember the specifics re: Andrew Dunkley

Was just pointing out this isn't the first time this kinda thing has happened

Just the Human Rights part is a joke, everyone has a right to their day in court if they feel aggrieved but thinking that this is a Human Rights issue is beyond laughable.

Just make a submission to the AFLW to change it for next year.

But saying that I think 1 warning for 7 games is more than fair compared to 2 warnings for 22 games.

o_O Interesting... Imagine the money and resources going into overturning the suspension; probably more than what she gets paid to play football. Of course the MRP is going to be different between AFL and AFLW as season is shorter, salary smaller, etc.

This is hilarious! The Bullies can kiss goodbye to any more umpire-assisted premierships from the AFL for the foreseeable future.
While they're at it, why don't their lawyers argue for salary parity, 21-game seasons, and, hang-it-all, equal rights to play the real AFL with the men?

They've got no idea: just cop the suspension with good grace and get on with it! This is what happens when you get lawyers involved: irrelevant criteria.

This might be the first time I've ever agreed with Sam MaClure..

Perfect summary by mcClure to the Brennan saga. She's a great footballer, and it is a shame she's not a part of the game. But rules are rules, you can't apply social law to team sport rules. It just looks petty and casual fans who follow AFL will just laugh it off, and some of which have already done so on this very page.
Seems like the AFL have a few new rules and agendas to think through in the AFLW offseason.

What she and the Bulldogs are doing is only serving to undo some of the hard work that people have put into this competition to give it credibility.

The AFL would not be happy about this. The lawyers will be the only winners here.

been raining all day here in Melbourne

was gonna go but after last night's self abuse to my liver and the dreary conditions outside the window I'm as soft as Missy Higgins bailing on the pre-game entertainment

Back