AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

How excited are you to to follow the AFLW in 2018?

• Maximal anticipation, Can't bloody wait - back-to-back, yeah baby!

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Excited and eager to see the girls defend their title!

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Excited enough to see some footy action

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Neutral - likely will watch some games, not bothered if I have other things to do on the day

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Negative Nellie - just can't get any excitement, even if watching girls kicking some balls

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Strongly opposed to AFLW - bring back State of Origin instead..or AFLX..I only want to see men!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There was plenty of rumours last year that the group gravitated towards Phillips more than Goddard, with Phillips being very supportive and the group not responding to Goddards "military" coaching style (which probably plays into her work background).

Erin Philips as Coach would be a hard fit.
She will be unavailable to even look at selecting or preparing a training Plan until Sept. due to her coaching contract with the Dallis Wing.

Sad to see Goddard go. The coaching seemed particularly mediocre this year though, particularly in the final round.

But I do wonder if the support from the club was there, given those who attended a basketball game rather than a do-or-die football game of the football club they allegedly manage.

Sad to see Goddard go. The coaching seemed particularly mediocre this year though, particularly in the final round.

But I do wonder if the support from the club was there, given those who attended a basketball game rather than a do-or-die football game of the football club they allegedly manage.
It was a GF in the basketball wasn't it

It was a GF in the basketball wasn't it
Yes. one of five (one of three that were guaranteed to be played.)

If an individual were to have say, travelled with the women's team, then they could have supported the local basketball team on the Friday game in Melbourne, demonstrated extreme support for the women's team by being present all weekend, and been seen at the Crows game on Sunday too.

Yes. one of five (one of three that were guaranteed to be played.)

If an individual were to have say, travelled with the women's team, then they could have supported the local basketball team on the Friday game in Melbourne, demonstrated extreme support for the women's team by being present all weekend, and been seen at the Crows game on Sunday too.
Doesn't seem like a problem to me.

Erin Phillips has committed to the AFC for season 2019

The selling point to playing for the Crows was the ability to spend time in Adelaide with family. It really has never been about the money. She has reached that age with young children that family is more important. She was never going to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So our favourite “journalist” has made this claim on our favourite “broadcaster’s” show tonight

Made it sound highly unlikely that Goddard will still be coach, possibly with confirmation of the decision soon.

If that’s the case will be interesting to see who’s decision it was.

Erin Phillips by the looks of it

Back