AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

How excited are you to to follow the AFLW in 2018?

• Maximal anticipation, Can't bloody wait - back-to-back, yeah baby!

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Excited and eager to see the girls defend their title!

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Excited enough to see some footy action

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Neutral - likely will watch some games, not bothered if I have other things to do on the day

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Negative Nellie - just can't get any excitement, even if watching girls kicking some balls

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Strongly opposed to AFLW - bring back State of Origin instead..or AFLX..I only want to see men!

Votes: 4 3.8%

jatz14

Dec 13, 2011
WA
Perth Glory W-League
It was exactly a Malthouse thing to say. He said his granddaughters thought it to rough, I know guys that find footy to rough, we should soften it up then so it suits? I dont think she should have walked out, would have been better to stay and argue it out with him, but I understand why she was upset.

Seems like he was taken out of context

He wasn't. That's just the old boys club on protect and clean up duty, muddy the waters with "what he was actually saying" and "cor Mo's a bit unprofessional for walking out on the kids hey?", to keep him free of as much criticism as possible lest he end up ostracised from future money making speaking engagements.

I actually thought his suggestion of reducing the size of the ball for the AFLW was not a bad idea.

The size of the ball was already reduced for the AFLW, and it caused problems because the lighter ball traveled differently, and contributed to the kicking accuracy issues, as all of the women players had been using a regular sized ball all through the ammos. There's no merit to reducing the size further.

Apparently she was staring at her phone all night so probably wasn't paying attention.

Gee she was a bit hysterical hey? Micky the champ was right, skirts do get a bit like that at times, no wonder they can't handle a mans game like football. Bring back Sammy Newman!

finn

May 9, 2007
adelaide
norwood, adelaide uni
One of Sophie's sisters lives in Melbourne, so it was an opportunity for her to live over there for a while and spend more time with her family while playing AFLW. The rest of the family is very happy to have her home for this year though and I expect her to be a good contributor for us this year.
I’d expect Sophie to play most games. Runs both ways all game with reasonable skills and is very good defensively.
Good to see her return.

Nov 28, 2011
LIVFC
Alert:
FAITH has replied to the thread 'AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

Oh ok what is he complaining about now?

Moana is a sook and Malthouse took her to the cleaners

Thanks mate, just the s**t we wanna hear - Mo plays for North - We know you hate women's footy - keep out of the threads then

There are going to be critics of women's football.

Plenty criticise the state of the men's game, the style of football, the rule modifications etc.

Absence of any criticism would be saccharine and boring.
There is criticism and there’s obnoxious beligerence. FAITH has NO interest whatsoever in the AFLW other than to bag it at all opportunities. But as you tend to encourage this type of behaviour I guess we can expect more of the same.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
There is criticism and there’s obnoxious beligerence. FAITH has NO interest whatsoever in the AFLW other than to bag it at all opportunities. But as you tend to encourage this type of behaviour I guess we can expect more of the same.
Was talking about Mick Malthouse who has surely earned the right to have an opinion.

Which is where this will head - so the only acceptable comments about women's football are about how great it is, how good for the sport, how it will just go from strength to strength. And if there are discerning voices they must be out of touch dinosaurs, there couldn't be any other explanation for their views.

Nov 28, 2011
LIVFC
Was talking about Mick Malthouse who has surely earned the right to have an opinion.

Which is where this will head - so the only acceptable comments about women's football are about how great it is, how good for the sport, how it will just go from strength to strength. And if there are discerning voices they must be out of touch dinosaurs, there couldn't be any other explanation for their views.

it will middle out soon enough

there are people who are attacking it because they don't like the concept full stop - they'll say it's s**t regardless of the improvement

proponents will then find themselves defending the game with equal or similar vigour

The equilibrium will happen eventually, where the Crows women will get bagged for losing a game they shouldn't have, rather than being bagged for not being as skilled as professional male players who've been in a developmental system their entire lives

May 24, 2006
Car 55
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
There will always be the state of the game type opinions as well.

Expanding the competition into GC/GWS was a waste of time and money
The game is too congested, I don't watch games anymore, switch off because it's boring
Too many clubs
Too many teams in Melbourne
Rule interpretations are making it unwatchable
Etc

When similar comments get aimed at various aspects of the women's competition people don't need to have a meltdown and storm out.

Not everyone likes AFLW
Not everyone likes AFL
Not everyone likes soccer
Not everyone likes rugby

It doesn't matter

The game is too congested, I don't watch games anymore, switch off because it's boring
Too many clubs
Etc

When similar comments get aimed at various aspects of the women's competition people don't need to have a meltdown and storm out.

Not everyone likes AFLW
Not everyone likes AFL
Not everyone likes rugby

It doesn't matter
If you don’t like it, why comment? That’s what wrong with this world today. You (Not you specifically)don’t like it, you won’t ever watch it( except so you can bag it), you certainly would never go to a match... whytf bother to comment on it in a forum thread specifically for that? I don’t go to rugby or soccer forums because I don’t like either. Similarly I don’t go in to threads on World Cup or Wallabies or EPL in here because I don’t like the sports. Mo Hope has probably heard all these bullshit negative comments about why women shouldn’t play the sport all her ******* life and Malthouses comments were the final straw.

John Who

Apr 16, 2017

Too many clubs
Etc

Not everyone likes AFLW
Not everyone likes AFL
Not everyone likes rugby

It doesn't matter
I think negative criticism is very welcome. Most of the fans who are pro-AFLW expect opposing views.

The thing that is annoying are views that serve only to mock a new format of our sport, with no new additional insight to their attitude. AFL fans who don’t like rugby, netball, soccer usually don’t go on other sporting forums to whinge right? So why mock the same sport (except with females) that is potentially bringing more fans to the gates?

jatz14

Dec 13, 2011
WA
Perth Glory W-League
No really it only shows his lack of Knowledge, as the AFLW use a size 4.5, AFL use a size 5, Juniors use a size 4
No, women's state leagues use a 4.5. AFLW use a 4.0. It was one of the concerns, that part of the ball skill issue was them using a ball smaller than they are used to.

So he is doubly wrong.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk