AFLW 2018 - go you Crow girls!

How excited are you to to follow the AFLW in 2018?

• Maximal anticipation, Can't bloody wait - back-to-back, yeah baby!

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Excited and eager to see the girls defend their title!

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Excited enough to see some footy action

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Neutral - likely will watch some games, not bothered if I have other things to do on the day

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Negative Nellie - just can't get any excitement, even if watching girls kicking some balls

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Strongly opposed to AFLW - bring back State of Origin instead..or AFLX..I only want to see men!

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
2017 will go down in history as one of the most memorable years in the history of the Adelaide Football Club. The men had played plenty of good football during last year, reaching top at the end of the Minor rounds with the highest scoring percentage, and then reaching the Grand Final, only to fall on the last hurdle.

The other highlight of course for season 2017, was the inaugural season for the AFLW competition. The Adelaide Crows female team were the darlings of the footy nation after winning the first ever season of AFLW. There weren't too much fanfare when the AFLW season started but as the weeks had progressed, seeing Phillips doing freakish marks/goals, Randall doing her crunching tackles, Perkins kicking a Tex-like 50m bomb...fans started to take more notice, and were getting more into the spirit of the game.

The AFLW Crows will start their first practice match against Freo this week, so now probably is the right time to start discussing all things AFLW in 2018. Will they go back-to-back premiers? Will Bec Goddard continue to inspire? Will Phillips win back-to-back MVP awards? Will more fans flock to the (free) gates? Will Perkins win the female version of the Coleman medal? Will Marinoff get a dislocated jaw with that big grin of hers? Stay tuned people!

AFLW_Fixture_2018_COMM0200.jpg

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Arsenal.
Want to see tex left more forward of the ball, isolate a defender one on one with her she'll win all the time, can see here dominating games this season. Got a great kicking action, great mark and gets excellent length on her kicks.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Want to see tex left more forward of the ball, isolate a defender one on one with her she'll win all the time, can see here dominating games this season. Got a great kicking action, great mark and gets excellent length on her kicks.
Tex is also a good defensive player, one of the better tacklers in the game. If she can get more fit, she would be just as damaging as a half forward where she can roam around more and use her long kick for those penetrating goals.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
only got the two games in Melbourne and one of those days I have a wedding...

though who am I kidding? There was a rather slim chance of making it all the way down to Casey anyway...

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looking at the scheduling, we got a bit shafted with the final minor round, week 7, playing in Victoria on a Sunday. If we make it to the GF again, it'd be only a 5 day rest/training. Not sure why they can't schedule it on Friday or Saturday instead, for the traveling teams of round 7?

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Coming down for a mates 50th on the 10th and we’re playing in Melbourne. Bugger.

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Arsenal.
Norwood Oval is the perfect venue for us at this moment. Hoping for 10k plus crowds for all our 3 home games there this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeh got a call, but didn't get to it. I deleted the message before it finished, didn't mention why we got the call in what I'd heard. But it did seem oddly personal, which is why I posed the question.
Maybe it was just Goddard enquiring you on your past crimes? lol

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Look forward to the team defending its title

Norwood Oval should be good and hopefully the grandstand seats have been replaced

Doubt it. The seats in the southern stand have been there for decades.

I'm disappointed all matches are at Norwood to be honest. Norwood is one of the worst SANFL grounds in terms of facilities, and there's more room to move around at Thebby.

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Arsenal.
Doubt it. The seats in the southern stand have been there for decades.

I'm disappointed all matches are at Norwood to be honest. Norwood is one of the worst SANFL grounds in terms of facilities, and there's more room to move around at Thebby.
It's probably to most accessible and best ground for AFLW at this particular moment, Norwood having the worst facilities would speak volumes about other SANFL club facilities.

Back