Game Day AFLW 2018 Grand final

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bella Ayre does need to work on her fitness and agility. Barely sighted and when she was she had the turning circle of a truck.

McCarthy can be such a big point of difference but she is so inconsistent and goes missing as does Zielke and Ashmore to a lesser extent.

We wouldn't have been so competitive and in with a chance all day if it wasn't for Lutkins.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Incorrect reaction. Have another try.
Piss off. I'm allowed to be disappointed. If you're not get your head checked.

Anyway Dogs amazing in the premiership quarter though. Full props to our defenders and especially Lutkins for keeping us in it for so long there.

Didn't see the game but to lose 2 in a row is gonna leave a few scars. As Dodongo said, are their players that don't do well on the big stage? Wouldn't be at all surprised if more of the team decide to leave

They have made 2 grand finals in 2 years. No other club has done that so it should attract players who think they can join and help us get over the line next year. Players are leaving Carlton not us.

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Oh Brennan even did the bob murphy concealed jumper show on stage. F this. Such a fairy tale club aren't they! Bunch of dramatic crybabies, that whole club. No surprises they came to Schache's rescue last year.

Lionsrbest2

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Typical decision though.

BOG cant go to the best player if he/she is on the losing side*

*NAFAN EXCEPTED

Sorry to disagree. Without Lutkins ,lions would have got smahed.I truly believe anyone watching this would surely have to agree. Her endeavour her efforts ,her rebounding. True heart and spirit, of the lion Lutkins.BOG is and should always be, about the best player, regardless whether she is on a losing side or not.Pure ans Simple . So sorry that comment does not cut it for me.

Last edited:
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Piss off. I'm allowed to be disappointed. If you're not get your head checked.

Evreyone’s disappointed , take a look around. It was an odd way to express said disappointment after the pretty damn good accomplishment of back to back grand final appearances. As others have said.

Lionsrbest2

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
She was Colossal in the first half. Doggies did well to keep it out of her hands in the third.

Lutkins was a one man band down there. Conti I did not notice in the 1st half ,I could be wrong. She ,was better in the second half ,but she had a lot of help. What you have to ask is, who did it harder. Easy when you r getting feed. Lutkins did it solo and a lot were one on one contests ,which makes it even more impressive.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Evreyone’s disappointed , take a look around. It was an odd way to express said disappointment after the pretty damn good accomplishment of back to back grand final appearances. As others have said.
I'm sorry I didn't state the bloody obvious enough for you before I dared expressed frustration at the result. Happy?

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
unfortunately , the same as last yr, badly coached/ in varying conditions
Last yr windy, chipped it around instead of going long with breeze.
this yr too many forwards out the back looking for cheap goals, instead of hitting up the kicker

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Sorry to disagree. Without Lutkins ,lions would have got smahed.I truly believe anyone watching this would surely have to agree. Her endeavour her efforts ,her rebounding. True heart and spirit, of the lion Lutkins.BOG is and should always be, about the best player. Pure ans Simple . So sorry that comment does not cut it for me.

You've misconstrued my meaning.

I was refelecting on what the thought processes of "judges" are.

Of course it should go to the best player........it's just that it rarely does because the "judges" are subconsciously likely to go with a "winner" rather than a loser.

No doubt in my mind that Lutkins was BOG .

So chill.

We agree.

Back