Game Day AFLW 2018 Grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Lutkins is military. She isn’t going to be bothered about individual recognition. Her platoon was just defeated.

Sure , now she more concerned about the team,the loss and rightly so. Howver in the coming weeks if she gets the chance to see the game ,she will realise without a shadow of a doubt ,she got kicked in the guts and richly deserve BOG.
For a lot of people recognition is important , especially when u play your guts out, you get paid a low wage compared to time and effort put in. I believe ,in Lutkins case ,it would help heal the wounds of the loss faster.

Sure , now she more concerned about the team,the loss and rightly so. Howver in the coming weeks if she gets the chance to see the game ,she will realise without a shadow of a doubt ,she got kicked in the guts and richly deserve BOG.
For a lot of people recognition is important , especially when u play your guts out, you get paid a low wage compared to time and effort put in. I believe ,in Lutkins case ,it would help heal the wounds of the loss faster.
don't think it helped Buckley heal the wounds, if anything it reminds him of "what could have been"...

Watched a fair few games this year but th GF seemed to be one of the weakest in terms of umpiring and AFL rules.

I understand that they may slightly relax holding the ball and incorrect disposal calls during the main season but these were barely called at all today.
I find it insulting to the women playing AFL that the umpires did not call 80% of the calls today. I’m all for women playing AFL, a lot of games are more entertaining than the mens, but enforce the rules and treat these sports women as sports women.

Not an insider & don't know the whole story, but given the conditions I wonder why we didn't play Hildrebrand forward instead of Bella Ayre. Her ability to mark and her mobility would have been an asset. Starcevich could have been more creative and gone with SFT and a small forward line in the wet. I like Ayre and think she has potential (she did set up a good goal for Woosha against the Giants) but conditions really didn't suit her today. Anyway still proud of the girls, but think we could have been more astute in our game tactics & not just gone with what worked last week.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't think it helped Buckley heal the wounds, if anything it reminds him of "what could have been"...[/QUOTE
don't think it helped Buckley heal the wounds, if anything it reminds him of "what could have been"...

Buckley is a totally different kettle of fish. Collingwood fans, players ,coaches could never be healed of their wounds. Not even Jesus could heal them. Haha

I wonder if we will target a gun mid in the trade period. If we could somehow offer a role at the club to entice someone like Katie Brennan to join us. Next year will likely be our last shot and reckon if we can keep our core group together and add a good mid we can give it another shot. Our list is quite young.

It was really a 5 min lapse in the 3rd qtr in a low scoring game. Not a choke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back