Teams

BRISBANE
  • B: N.Hildebrand 22, S.Campbell 20, N.Exon 15
  • HB: K.Ashmore 10, L.Kaslar 11, B.Koenen 3
  • C: E.Zielke 8
  • HF: K.Lutkins 13, T.Randall 16, K.McCarthy 9
  • F: J.Wuetschner 23, S.Frederick-Traub 14, B.Gibson 25
  • Foll: S.Webb 4, E.Bates 1, J.Stanton 17
  • I/C: A.Anderson 18, A.Clarke 21, G.Collingwood 28, S.Conway 12, J.Zanchetta 7, M Hunt 6, I.Ayre
  • In: N. Exon, I. Ayre
  • Out:
WESTERN BULLDOGS
  • B: L.Birch 18, L.Spark 11, N.Callinan 10
  • HB: H.Scott 22, B.Toogood 28, B.Lochland 1
  • C: E.Blackburn 2
  • HF: J.Bruton 35, K.Brennan 3, M.Conti 8
  • F: D.Berry 7, I.Huntington 9, N.Ferres 16
  • Foll: A.O’Connor 4, E.Kearney 5, K.Lamb 27
  • I/C: T.Ernst 19, K.Rennie 24, A.Utri 23, A.Gogos 36, B.Hunt 21, E.Mackie 25, H.Wildes 17
  • In: K.Rennie, B.Hunt, H.Wildes
  • Out: D.Bannister (knee)
Other match details

There’ll be plenty of great activities and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy including a kids zone with face-painting, hairstyling, temporary tattoos and awesome inflatables, a DJ and great giveaways. There will be a range of food options to suit even the fussiest eaters, and great drink options available at the XXXX Bar.

Look out for your favourite players giving away footballs and signing autographs, then head on to the field like your AFLW heroes for McDonald's Kick to Kick post-match!

Gates open at 12.30pm with the Queensland Police and Fire Department playing each other in a curtain raiser beginning at 12.30pm.

Parking:

There is ample free parking at the venue and surrounding areas. There may be a short walk required from parking to the ground.

Public Transport:

Unfortunately, this venue isn’t serviced by public transport. However, is accessible by taxi or Uber.

Last edited:

False advertising there, ‘great drinks available at the XXXX bar’; camel piss would be a more appetising choice than that swill

I guess I'll go for Brisbane, Ayre and Exon playing for them, hope they do well.

Plus who cannot love SFT?
So there was no where in Brisbane with lights to have a night game to avoid heat or AFL not caring?
Basically, Brisbane are trying to get their new trainig facility project off the ground but it keeps hitting hurdles. They want to play all home AFLW games there when it is built.

Everything else is in cricket mode this time of year or has no lights.

So a Brisbane player can slap the ball off the ground over the line and it's a throw in but a ball can tap a defenders foot while they're competing with the ball and it's a free kick

LAST TOUCH RULE TOTALLY WORKS

So a Brisbane player can slap the ball off the ground over the line and it's a throw in but a ball can tap a defenders foot while they're competing with the ball and it's a free kick

LAST TOUCH RULE TOTALLY WORKS
Not only that the defender realised she'd kicked it or tapped it with her foot then ran after it tried to touch which she successfully did before the line and the umpire still gave the last touch free kick . The umpiring in the womens game is beyond embarrassing .

Thats 2 contested marks in the goal square to Huntington, against Lutkins, who is one of the better contested marks in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs have had three-times as many marks as the Lions, their players off the ball have worked harder to get in position and they've used the footy with purpose. Brisbane's plan to get it forward has been undetectable, on the rare instances they've found themselves in an attacking situation.

And the AFL in their genius didn't decide that they needed the hot weather rules. It's not just hot today but it's also super ******* humid which is incredibly draining.

Its low to mid thirties in Brisbane during summer... that is pretty standard. Q1 was rough, the incoming storm blocked out the sun for majority of the game. Just standard business up here. Play it at night a lose half the crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back