AFLW 2018 - R2 - Fremantle v Collingwood, Optus Stadium, Sat Feb 10th, 4.10pm WST (7pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I get that, but surely those 13,000 people had the intention of going to see the footy, hence why they bought tickets. Why would they suddenly not want to go? I get a couple of thousand maybe not showing up, but 13k? That's a lot.
I got 4 without asking the other 3 if they actually could or wanted to go, on the basis, if they couldn't, no bigee. 1 didn't go, found a replacement last minute. Lots of tickets bought on that basis.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Found it not to bad. Got on the first train, Armadale line. The only station that had people who couldn't get on was Burswood. 10 min wait for a train home.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

That's great to hear, I'm sure all will be fine going into season proper :thumbsu:

What's up with fence at this ground? Front row would have to be sold as restricted viewing for the AFL season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Was in row 6 today and the angle of the seats means the top of the fence was around the same level as the heads of the people in the rows in front of us.

If you're in the front row and can't see over it you're most likely a kid and they seemed happy enough to watch through the bars or lean against the fence.

Being that extra metre above the ground changes the feel a bit but the fence is a complete non-issue.

Was in row 6 today and the angle of the seats means the top of the fence was around the same level as the heads of the people in the rows in front of us.

If you're in the front row and can't see over it you're most likely a kid and they seemed happy enough to watch through the bars or lean against the fence.

Being that extra metre above the ground changes the feel a bit but the fence is a complete non-issue.
Oh yep so won't be an issue for spectators? Looked odd on t.v but glad it won't construct the view in the crowd

What's up with fence at this ground? Front row would have to be sold as restricted viewing for the AFL season?

I have seats in the front row. Couldn’t get to sit in them today though, because the front row seats were the first to be filled up.
And yes I get $100 discount for the seats for the season because they are supposedly restricted viewing. But when I sat in the seats at the open day, I could see the entire ground, including the boundary line beneath me. And because the first row is elevated, the view is great. If you can see the fans’ eyes over the top of the boundary fence, they have no problems seeing.

The game itself was very enjoyable. Quite a few passages of play which involved high levels of skill, and courage and hard hitting displayed by the players of both teams.
I reckon the game would benefit from a 70s interpretation of “push in the back”, but I don’t think a free for that was paid once.

as in only bus/train routes that go directly to Perth stadium? What if you needed to catch a connecting route?
I think it covered services connecting to direct routes ie, a bus going to a train station, but if you are checked getting of a train in Freo, saying I have a stadium ticket isn't going to cut it.

With 41k attendees then it has to be a no brainer to move all the Dockers Women games to the Craypot. With that kind of support you will be locking fans out at Fremantle oval.

Really hope so.
Especially for Melbourne next week looking the way they are.

Can probably have the GWS game at Freo Oval and then decide the Carlton game dependent on ladder positions I would have thought.

Really good game of footy.
Much better performance by Freo.
I think a significant changing of the guard this year and WB will be top 2 most likely with Melbourne, suggesting last week was likely an anomaly for Freo.

Collingwood were competitive and did well, warm conditions and outclassed in middle for most of the game but toiled along well.

Good debut for Webb, good bounce back by Filocamo, and good performances from the usual crew.
Forward line looks a lot more dynamic and capable this year.
No chances last week but put up quick goals when they had opportunities, and scored quite freely today. Good signs.

Big challenge next week though against the high flying Dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seats in the front row. Couldn’t get to sit in them today though, because the front row seats were the first to be filled up.
And yes I get $100 discount for the seats for the season because they are supposedly restricted viewing. But when I sat in the seats at the open day, I could see the entire ground, including the boundary line beneath me. And because the first row is elevated, the view is great. If you can see the fans’ eyes over the top of the boundary fence, they have no problems seeing.

The game itself was very enjoyable. Quite a few passages of play which involved high levels of skill, and courage and hard hitting displayed by the players of both teams.
I reckon the game would benefit from a 70s interpretation of “push in the back”, but I don’t think a free for that was paid once.

lmao dude you are 7'0. You can watch the game live from outside of the stadium - probably wouldn't even have a restricted view.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back