AFLW 2018 - Round 1 - Western Bulldogs v Fremantle, Sun Feb 4th, 1.30pm, VU Western Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Different looking outfit compared to last year. Much more composed going forward. Shame Lamb missed that goal. Issy Huntington looking good.

Huntington looked super good in Q1. Like having two Brennan’s in the forward line almost.

This is why Brennan was seen as the best key forward going into season 1, she just couldn't do anything due to being injured for almost all of it.

So we have three more games after the Blues vs Pies with better displays of skills, link up play, contested marking and (particularly at Casey yesterday) scoring. Yet these match day threads are tumbleweeds compared to the opening game's thread. Shits me that people who complain about how much the AFLW needs to improve (usually thinly veiled "make me a sandwich" MRA types I'm guessing) have nothing to contribute when the very thing they ask for is happening in real time.

Back on topic, how elite was that play by Blackburn for the third Dogs goal? Early in the second and they just look hungrier all over the ground. Freo have to lift like yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have three more games after the Blues vs Pies with better displays of skills, link up play, contested marking and (particularly at Casey yesterday) scoring. Yet these match day threads are tumbleweeds compared to the opening game's thread. Shits me that people who complain about how much the AFLW needs to improve (usually thinly veiled "make me a sandwich" MRA types I'm guessing) have nothing to contribute when the very thing they ask for is happening in real time.

Back on topic, how elite was that play by Blackburn for the third Dogs goal? Early in the second and they just look hungrier all over the ground. Freo have to lift like yesterday.

Everyone railing about Friday night should be forced to sit down and watch Melbourne-GWS.

Genuine question at this point, what happens to your percentage if you win and the oppo goes scoreless?

Get the ball to the 2 "B's" Brennan & Blackburn and Kearney and something good usually happens. Add Huntington and the future's looking good.

Everyone railing about Friday night should be forced to sit down and watch Melbourne-GWS.

Genuine question at this point, what happens to your percentage if you win and the oppo goes scoreless?
Your percentage would be zero. The next time you played and the opposition scored, you would then have a percentage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back