AFLW 2019 - Fremantle v Brisbane, Fremantle Oval, 3.05pm (7mate Per/Bris, Fox, womens.afl)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Match Details

• Match: Fremantle v Brisbane
  • Venue: Fremantle Oval
  • Time: 3.05pm (5.05pm AEDT)
  • Entry: Free
  • Matchday Information
  • Weather:
  • Broadcast: 7mate (Bris/Per only), Fox
  • Streaming: Foxtel Now, Kayo, womens.afl
  • Streaming link: womens.afl
Team News

Fremantle is set to add to its forward firepower with the potential return of Ashley Atkins for Sunday’s round two clash with Brisbane at Fremantle Oval. Atkins and Brianna Moyes, who is yet to debut for Fremantle, have been named on the bench in Fremantle’s extended squad of 23 for the clash. If Moyes is selected in the final team of 21, she will become Fremantle’s seventh AFLW debutant this season.

The Brisbane Lions AFL Women’s team will unearth a sixth debutant for 2019 this weekend against Fremantle. Following Friday's final team announcement, Tori Groves-Little will become the latest Lion to don the maroon, blue and gold when the team runs out against the Dockers at Fremantle Oval. She will join a long list of Lions, including Lauren Arnell, Paige Parker, Lauren Bella, Jesse Wardlaw and McKenzie Dowrick, to make their club debuts this season.

Lineups

FREMANTLE

B: E.Gooch 8, T.Bresland 5, A.Stannett 24
HB: A.Williams 9, E.Antonio 12, P.Seth 18
C: S.Cain 20
HF: K.Gibson 21, G.Houghton 27, G.O'Sullivan 22
F: H.Miller 19, A.Sharp 1, K.Bowers 2
Foll: P.Laurie 11, D.Hooker 17, K.Donnellan (c) 15
I/C from: S.Duffy 6, K.Grieve 13, L.Pugh 32, L.Mascall 14, M.Caulfield 10, A.Atkins 37, B.Moyes 55

In: A.Atkins, B.Moyes
Out: -

BRISBANE

B: S.Virgo 5, S.Webb 4, N.Exon 15
HB: S.Campbell 20, L.Kaslar (c) 11, K.Lutkins 13
C: E.Pittman 19
HF: L.Arnell 16, M.Dowrick 33, E.Zielke 8
F: J.Wuetschner 23, S.Frederick-Traub 14, J.Zanchetta 7
Foll: J.Tawhiao-Wardlaw 30, E.Bates 1, A.Anderson 18
I/C from: A.Clarke 21, P.Parker 10, L.Bella 32, N.Grider 17, K.McCarthy 9, T.Groves-Little 26, G.Collingwood 28

In: N.Grider, T.Groves-Little
Out: -

Some beautiful passages in that quarter, and quite a few hits that wouldn't tickle (wonder what happened with McCarthy off the ball, can't have been too bad since she got back out there pretty quick). Degenerated right towards the end but understandable after going like the clappers up to that.

Good stuff by the Duff, real goal-hungry tiprat type. Hooker has to keep up her lofty input to make this 3rd quarter tough for the Lions. Things always happen when Brisbane get down a couple goals in a match, so watch out Freo!

How are any of the Docker girls struggling in the heat now, 10+ degrees cooler for them than last week isn't it?

En route to a full conference wipeout here. s**t choices with the teams in the two conferences.

Yeah the live ladder was eye opening!
Still early and if we win we have overperformed relative to expectations.
They split the newcomers, GWS and COLL have underperformed etc.

Wait and see but makes it tough to be the top in A at this rate!!

Good stuff by the Duff, real goal-hungry tiprat type. Hooker has to keep up her lofty input to make this 3rd quarter tough for the Lions. Things always happen when Brisbane get down a couple goals in a match, so watch out Freo!

How are any of the Docker girls struggling in the heat now, 10+ degrees cooler for them than last week isn't it?

Started out around 37 last week
32+ here today.

So similar. Would expect our girls to run out the match well I hope!

Started out around 37 last week
32+ here today.

So similar. Would expect our girls to run out the match well I hope!
Oh really, well that makes sense then, personally went for a run out in the 25 degree heat earlier and nearly died so I can't say much. Looks like Wuetschner ditched the long-sleeve at half-time fwiw.

This has been good to watch. Ross could take some notes on how a team playing attractive footy in the Purple looks.

Freo a smoky for the flag on evidence of the past couple of weeks.

Ashleigh Sharp, fantastic goal. Freo girls highly likely to be the first team to bring the elusive silverware to Cockburn.

Holey shmokeys that was comprehensive, and yet Brisbane either just about broke even or came out way ahead in all the stats bar I50s. Smashed in the coach's box as much as anything else imo...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the live ladder was eye opening!
Still early and if we win we have overperformed relative to expectations.
They split the newcomers, GWS and COLL have underperformed etc.

Wait and see but makes it tough to be the top in A at this rate!!

Yeah, really does demonstrate the poor choices in conference selection.

Your mob are very exciting! Best two games to watch from any team since the inception of the comp. I really hope that the conferences don’t prevent the two best teams of the year from playing off in the GF, but at this stage it seems a certainty.

E3F0BD6D-1757-4C59-98D6-1A6AD2AB979D.png

Yeah, really does demonstrate the poor choices in conference selection.

Your mob are very exciting! Best two games to watch from any team since the inception of the comp. I really hope that the conferences don’t prevent the two best teams of the year from playing off in the GF, but at this stage it seems a certainty.

View attachment 617375

Indeed!

Though I think it will start to correct.
Would expect GWS and Geelong to win their next two, WB play NM next week etc.

We just need to keep on winning!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back