Player Sponsorship AFLW 2019 - SARAH ROWE. Someone want to go to the Inner Sanctum experience at Vic Park tomorrow?

who to sponsor?

• Sarah Rowe

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Georgie Parker

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Ruby Schieicher

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Just had a thought. Have I gone too early on Sarah Rowe? I've been carried away by her enthusiastic interviews, but she hasn't played our game before, and may not play much if at all in her first AFLW season.

Posters may have some other suggestions.

Just had a thought. Have I gone too early on Sarah Rowe? I've been carried away by her enthusiastic interviews, but she hasn't played our game before, and may not play much if at all in her first AFLW season.

Posters may have some other suggestions.

Interesting thought!

Season 1 we had basketballers, field hockey players, rugby players and even tennis players running around with the sherrin, so a Gaelic player would have been eminently qualified.

But as the competition develops and more girls are coming up through the state leagues, the selected 22 will be defined by more than just aerobic fitness and hand-eye coordination; and will include things like gamesence, tactical nous etc which are AFL specific.

Going into Season 3, my guess would be that the competition is still at a point where a Gaelic player could still slot into the best 22.

Projecting across to the men’s comp, after 125+ years of evolution, it still only takes a male Gaelic player 1 to 2 years to qualify to play in the top level of the male AFL comp.

Interesting thought!

Season 1 we had basketballers, field hockey players, rugby players and even tennis players running around with the sherrin, so a Gaelic player would have been eminently qualified.

But as the competition develops and more girls are coming up through the state leagues, the selected 22 will be defined by more than just aerobic fitness and hand-eye coordination; and will include things like gamesence, tactical nous etc which are AFL specific.

Going into Season 3, my guess would be that the competition is still at a point where a Gaelic player could still slot into the best 22.

Projecting across to the men’s comp, after 125+ years of evolution, it still only takes a male Gaelic player 1 to 2 years to qualify to play in the top level of the male AFL comp.

Thx 76

Agree with all that. But I’m also concerned that maybe a more deserving girl doesn’t miss out on sponsorship.

Having been part of the BF AFLW sponsors for season 2017, and sponsoring Jas Garner myself in 2018, I know it means a lot to them. And not all get a sponsor!

So I’m wanting to be fair about it.

At any rate, we may not have enough BF interest and all this discussion is moot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Put me in for $100 and a case of apples. Ok, maybe the apples are for me, but the $100 stands.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Offering a personalised belly button lint sculpture as an additional sponsor prize if that will get some people on board.

You know you want it.

Back