Game Day AFLW 2021 Grand Final: Adelaide v Brisbane - Sat April 17 at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not a fan of what the AFC are trying to do with the GF tickets.

The AFL have announced that the tickets for the GF are $10, so the Crows are now selling a "$20 membership package" that includes a GF ticket.

It's a clear money grab by the club.

I don't mind them saying "hey, want to be able to say you're a member if we hold up the cup? Last chance to do it!"

But them specifically saying "it's the only way to guarantee your seat!!" as if there's any doubt on seats being available is a bit scummy.

Last edited:
Just in case people are interested, I recently revived my 2019 thread detailing the backgrounds and journey into AFLW of our players. Last time I looked at all 21 players who played in our 2019 grand final side. It looks like there will be 6-7 players in our 2021 grand final side that didn't play in the 2019 team, so I'm profiling one of them per day. Each of these women have such a fascinating story of how they came to be elite footballers.

The thread is here if you're interested:

The new profiles start near the bottom of page 2.

The AFL have announced that the tickets for the GF are $10, so the Crows are now selling a "$20 membership package" that includes a GF ticket.

Good way to cash in on those wanting to jump on the AFLW bandwagon - plus you still get the AFLW member pack. The picnic rug in the AFLW member was well worth the initial $45 cost for the membership, getting it for $20 (with a GF ticket) is a steal.

Plus it means the club has more members to market AFLW renewals come October.

Is it a clear money grab - absolutely! But I think it's a clever idea from the club.

Good way to cash in on those wanting to jump on the AFLW bandwagon - plus you still get the AFLW member pack. The picnic rug in the AFLW member was well worth the initial $45 cost for the membership, getting it for $20 (with a GF ticket) is a steal.

Is it a clear money grab - absolutely! But I think it's a clever idea from the club.

I don't think they're doing the blanket for the late comers

1618196625855.png

I don't think they're doing the blanket for the late comers

View attachment 1100541

That's still a reasonable deal - getting your $20 back in a Crowmania voucher, though the cynic in me thinks Crowmania will just pocket these vouchers and not actually despatch any merch used with the voucher given their track record of late.

Online purchases are no longer available.

Please call Member Services on 08 8440 6690 to purchase over the phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Membership inclusions:
  • Priority access to redeem a FREE ticket* to the 2021 AFLW Grand Final
  • A FREE $20 merchandise voucher to use at CROWmania (online)
  • 10% off Crows merchandise at CROWmania
  • Exclusive member email communications and special offers

*Membership must be purchased by 6am Monday 12 April to receive Priority access to redeem free Grand Final ticket.
2021 AFLW Grand Final tickets must be redeemed through Ticketek during the member on-sale period using your Crows Member barcode. Member barcodes will be sent via email and SMS on Monday prior to ticket sales opening Tuesday.

Please note, Membership Packs are now exhausted and new AFLW Grand Final Supporter Members will receive a CROWmania voucher.

Edit: I'm too slow with my post

Not a bad idea if you want to buy a ticket before they go on sale to the general public, better chance of getting a good seat.

Edit: Doh too late.

Rainbow Crows is pleased to announce we will be holding our traditional AFLW Grand Final Breakfast.

Start your AFLW Grand Final day with breakfast at Adelaide Oval. We have a fantastic panel of guests lined up including:
- Jane Danvers (Principal of Wilderness School and Chair of SACE)
- Shanti Berggren (recently appointed AFC Board Member)
- Jenna McCormick (Dual AFC AFLW Premiership Player and Matilda)

Breakfast will include the following:
- Chilled juices
- Filtered coffee and tea
- Fresh fruit, yoghurt and pastries
- Gourmet scrambled eggs, sausage, tomato, mushrooms and Turkish bread.

Tickets are $60 each and can be booked via https://www.trybooking.com/events/landing?eid=746469&

We look forward to seeing you there

Last edited:

Adelaide can confirm that AFLW captain Chelsea Randall will not play in this weekend’s AFLW Grand Final against Brisbane.
Randall was involved in a heavy collision in the opening quarter of last Saturday’s Preliminary Final and was forced from the ground, taking no further part in the match.
As per the AFL Concussion Protocols she is now unavailable for selection to play for a 12-day period.
Randall is a highly-respected captain who has not only been a critical part of the development of the Crows women’s program but also a passionate contributor to women’s football in South Australia.
Randall, her team mates and the wider club are disappointed she won't play this weekend but she will no doubt continue to play an important role in our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devastated for Chelsea but it's obviously the right decision. She is irreplaceable but at least we've coped fine without her in defence this season. Rajcic hitting some good form in recent weeks helps.

Very interested to see who comes in for her. The emergencies last game were Biddell and Considine. Neither are like for like.

How did we adjust when Chelsea went down on Saturday? Was it just SLT and Jones spending more time down back?

Devastated for Chelsea but it's obviously the right decision. She is irreplaceable but at least we've coped fine without her in defence this season. Rajcic hitting some good form in recent weeks helps.

Very interested to see who comes in for her. The emergencies last game were Biddell and Considine. Neither are like for like.

How did we adjust when Chelsea went down on Saturday? Was it just SLT and Jones spending more time down back?
I’d look at going the tall in Biddell given Brisbane’s makeup, you’d just tell her to use her height and use her booming kick whether it’s down back or up forward just hope they don’t go Whiteley.

Varnhagen moved to CHB basically after Chelsea went down, might try to keep her there as she’s not a bad height and hasn’t been giving much playing on the wing on one leg, Munyard could be a chance if they go that way.

Rainbow Crows is pleased to announce we will be holding our traditional AFLW Grand Final Breakfast.

Start your AFLW Grand Final day with breakfast at Adelaide Oval. We have a fantastic panel of guests lined up including:
- Jane Danvers (Principal of Wilderness School and Chair of SACE)
- Shanti Berggren (recently appointed AFC Board Member)
- Jenna McCormack (Dual AFC AFLW Premiership Player and Matilda)

Breakfast will include the following:
- Chilled juices
- Filtered coffee and tea
- Fresh fruit, yoghurt and pastries
- Gourmet scrambled eggs, sausage, tomato, mushrooms and Turkish bread.

Tickets are $60 each and can be booked via https://www.trybooking.com/events/landing?eid=746469&

We look forward to seeing you there

That looks bloody good, and at the ground, I won’t be out in time but I’d be there for sure

Insanity that Randall is ruled out.

12 day rule should not apply in finals - and definitely not the Grand Final.

Should be assessed on Thursday and decision made then.

Imagine if Dusty or Danger missed a GF due to concussion?

Straight to Court like they do every year

Insanity that Randall is ruled out.

12 day rule should not apply in finals - and definitely not the Grand Final.

Should be assessed on Thursday and decision made then.

Imagine if Dusty or Danger missed a GF due to concussion?

Imagine if Randall got concussed again in the Grand Final and developed CTE? And with the way she plays the game getting another concussion is a genuine possibility!

I hate Randall missing as much as anyone, but the point of the mandatory 12 days is that players and clubs will make decisions contrary to player health if it helps the club, especially in cases like this when a flag is on the line. If we're going to do it at all then it has to be applied all the time.

As much as it sucks, Randall is probably the one player who can have a huge impact from the sidelines as well.

Imagine if Randall got concussed again in the Grand Final and developed CTE? And with the way she plays the game getting another concussion is a genuine possibility!

I hate Randall missing as much as anyone, but the point of the mandatory 12 days is that players and clubs will make decisions contrary to player health if it helps the club, especially in cases like this when a flag is on the line. If we're going to do it at all then it has to be applied all the time.

As much as it sucks, Randall is probably the one player who can have a huge impact from the sidelines as well.

Disagree totally.

An AFL Grand Final is incredibly rare, and what some of these people dedicate their entire lives to the pursuit of (and rarely achieve). Re the bold, I agree with the 12 day protocol for the standard season; but it is 100% an arbitrary 'safety first' approach, which shouldn't apply for a GF.

For Finals, but the GF specifically, it should revert to the fitness/concussion test just prior to the match; if they fail, they're out, if they don't, they should be allowed to play.

This will become an issue with a gun player from the men's comp is forced to miss a GF, and they will change it then.

So what if we need Randall in for the last match of the minor round in order to make finals? It becomes a virtual final then. Do we permit that? What if we need to win the final two minor round matches?

The point is, the 12 day protocol presumably wasn't created just to be annoying. It was presumably created for health reasons. I assume (without any actual medical knowledge) that players were either passing the concussion tests but still being at increased risk, or that clubs were simply lying on the tests. Either way, if we have decided that a mandatory 12 day period is needed to protect player health, then you can't make exceptions just because "but we really want to win this one though".

Even if we're willing to put the risks to the player aside (I'm sure plenty of players would gladly sacrifice their health to win a premiership), the AFL is opening themselves up to massive legal liability if they allow their own rule to be ignored just because it's a grand final. They would be outright admitting that they view premierships as more important than protecting the brains of their players.

Got my ticket but might have done something wrong?

I went to the site entered my members number and had 1 ticket free - I also clicked a guest pass which cost $10 - ok bit cheaper than I thought but all good - seats 17/18 allocated to me

Sent to phone but only 1 ticket showing - what gives? Technology or something else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back