AFLW AFLW 2021 - Suns Sisters Sophomore Slog

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Our former player and inaugural club member Charlotte Hammans is on debut for Carlton right now. She's wearing the #17 jumper for the Blues and has one disposal at quarter time. Charlotte is a Gold Coast local who was an academy graduate. She is a Burleigh junior and attended Varsity College. Hopefully she can have more influence in the next three quarters.

Neither Carlton or Collingwood look overly impressive so far. That's good news for us considering we play the Pies next week.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Our former player and inaugural club member Charlotte Hammans is on debut for Carlton right now. She's wearing the #17 jumper for the Blues and has one disposal at quarter time. Charlotte is a Gold Coast local who was an academy graduate. She is a Burleigh junior and attended Varsity College. Hopefully she can have more influence in the next three quarters.

Neither Carlton or Collingwood look overly impressive so far. That's good news for us considering we play the Pies next week.
IMO, Collingwood actually looks very impressive. Great pressure, contest, just missing some poise going forward in 1QTR. Carlton on the ropes at HT.

Last edited:

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
IMO, Collingwood actually looks very impressive. Great pressure, contest, just missing some poise going forward in 1QTR. Carlton on the ropes at HT.
The game completely changed after the first quarter. Next week looks like a very difficult game now.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
The game completely changed after the first quarter. Next week looks like a very difficult game now.
It’s a shame because the original fixture had us playing west coast and Adelaide, now we have a much harder task. And we won’t play west coast now this season which would have been a penciled in the Win

Annise Bradfield, Daisy D’Arcy, Maddison Levi, Bess Keaney and Lucy Single have all been named to play their first AFLW game when they take the field in SUNS colours.

D’Arcy and Keaney has been named to make their debuts in the backline alongside inaugural SUNS Jade Pregelj, Lauren Ahrens and Serene Watson.

Midfielder Alison Drennan will line up for the first time in SUNS colours after joining the club from St Kilda in the off-season.

She has been named in the midfield which will consist of ruck Lauren Bella, Leah Kaslar and will be led by new skipper Hannah Dunn in her first game as captain.

Cheyenne Hammond has been named on the wing alongside the debutant Levi.

New recruit Sarah Perkins will take her place in the forward line for her first game for the club alongside Kate Surman, Paige Parker, Britt Perry and reigning Club Champion Jamie Stanton.

The interchange consists of Bradfield and Single, who will rotate through the midfield, as well as Dee Heslop, Kalinda Howarth and skipper Sam Virgo

Draftee Janet Baird and injury replacement player Georgia Bevan have both been named emergencies for the match.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Annise Bradfield, Daisy D’Arcy, Maddison Levi, Bess Keaney and Lucy Single have all been named to play their first AFLW game when they take the field in SUNS colours.

D’Arcy and Keaney has been named to make their debuts in the backline alongside inaugural SUNS Jade Pregelj, Lauren Ahrens and Serene Watson.

Midfielder Alison Drennan will line up for the first time in SUNS colours after joining the club from St Kilda in the off-season.

She has been named in the midfield which will consist of ruck Lauren Bella, Leah Kaslar and will be led by new skipper Hannah Dunn in her first game as captain.

Cheyenne Hammond has been named on the wing alongside the debutant Levi.

New recruit Sarah Perkins will take her place in the forward line for her first game for the club alongside Kate Surman, Paige Parker, Britt Perry and reigning Club Champion Jamie Stanton.

The interchange consists of Bradfield and Single, who will rotate through the midfield, as well as Dee Heslop, Kalinda Howarth and skipper Sam Virgo

Draftee Janet Baird and injury replacement player Georgia Bevan have both been named emergencies for the match.

Nice to see the draftees getting a chance to debut in round 1. Fun fact - Daisy D'Arcy will break the record for the youngest player to ever appear in an AFLW match at 18 years and 49 days tomorrow. Another interesting anecdote is Annise Bradfield will debut alongside her high school P.E. teacher Jamie Stanton.

I'm feeling pretty good about this one. Our girls have never lost at Metricon before (1 win and 1 draw to date) and Melbourne aren't as good as they once were in the AFLW. The player I'm probably most interested to see play tomorrow is Lucy Single. She looked really good as an on baller at the junior level and I'm very interested to see if that translates at the top level.

Thought the team would be almost the same as last year. 5 debutants is pretty exciting as they must have Kept out some players from last year.
Looking forward to it. They made us proud last year.
Some players from last year left to other teams. One or two of them are injured. So there are always a few changes.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
VFL cheerleaders already making excuses for Melbourne

7292f45388dd1efcb4e35e6da457f9e7.jpg

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I think they're trying to restrict interstate travel til vic gets this case cleared up.
As a Victorian I am very confident that come AFLW Round 3, this covid case will be dealt with. They have been firm with restrictions etc straight away and from all accounts, the person that has tested positive has been very very helpful. I think it won't drag on.

As a Victorian I am very confident that come AFLW Round 3, this covid case will be dealt with. They have been firm with restrictions etc straight away and from all accounts, the person that has tested positive has been very very helpful. I think it won't drag on.
yeah, they were very swift last night to get the info out asap. I think we'll get this sorted sooner rather than later.

Look at WA. It hasn't resorted to anymore cases (even though they did a lockdown) the same thing might happen here. Fingers crossed no other cases come from this or very little. We dealt with the black rock cluster quickly. We'll do this too.

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
A big test against the Lions.
Thought there were a lot of good signs last week, especially playing 4 18yo first gamers.
Going to be hard to score against the Lions, so see if we can back up our scoring from last week.

Back