AFLW AFLW 2021 - Suns Sisters Sophomore Slog

Remove this Banner Ad

Hannah Dunn, Gold Coast SUNS, has been charged with making Careless Contact with an Umpire (Louis Jago), during the fourth quarter of the Round Four match between Fremantle and Gold Coast SUNS, played at Fremantle Oval on Saturday February 20.

In summary, she can accept a reprimand with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as making Careless Contact with an Umpire. The incident was classified as a $400 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a reprimand with an early plea.

The West Coast game this Sunday will be a true reflection of how far our girls have declined. We played the Eagles in Perth in the last game of the 2021 home and away season and belted them by 25 points. Just like us, they are yet to win a game this year so if we don't win this one then I think it's fair to say our girls have dramatically declined in 2021. If we win, then maybe the girls can get something going in the last 4 games of the season and salvage something. Presumably we'll have multiple games at home following this one so the girls might be able to get on a roll after (hopefully) a win over West Coast.

I still think our girls have been given a pretty rough draw by having to face Fremantle (1st), Brisbane (3rd) and Melbourne (5th) in three of the opening four rounds of the season. Even if the girls were on fire, we'd likely still have a record of 1-3 right now just due to our draw. If the AFLW fixture makers wanted to even things out they'd give us Richmond and Geelong at home in rounds 6 & 7.
I don't think SUNS really declined or not dramatically. I believe it's more to do with the rest of competition improving especially teams being there from the beginning.

Also most probably no other team really plays 5 debutants like SUNS.

There is a lot to like regarding contest, inside work where SUNs are equal with other teams. All young debutants are promising. Defence also play well.

Fremantle is probably the best team in the competion and the first half from SUNS was very good and competitive. In the second half the Freo experience showed and they run over SUNS. Yes, some experienced players are past their best years.

If you think that Eagles will be easy to beat just re-watch their first half away against Lions. Lions were very lucky not to bbe 4-5 goals behind. Eagles came up with unbelievable pressure but were run over in the second half by Lions similarly to SUNs game against Fremantle. Eagles were also very competitive in wet against Fremantle until the end of game and were close to snatch the victory.

My tip Eagles win at home.

Last edited:
If you think that Eagles will be easy to beat just re-watch their first half away against Lions. Lions were very lucky not to bbe 4-5 goals behind. Eagles came up with unbelievable pressure but were run over in the second half by Lions similarly to SUNs game against Fremantle. Eagles were also very competitive in wet against Fremantle until the end of game and were close to snatch the victory.

My tip Eagles win at home.
Not necessarily saying they'll be easy beats (otherwise I would have predicted a big win for us) but I believe we should be the slight favourites going into this match. Anything other than a win confirms a decline in my mind.

As announced by SUNS Media on Friday, Mackay SUNS Academy product Wallis Randell has been named to make her debut and will start on the interchange.

Two NT products will suit up for their first AFLW match of the season, with Jordann Hickey and Sally Riley both named on the interchange.

Omitted from the side this week are Georgia Bevan, Britt Perry and Molly Ritson.

How is this fair? Another premiership contender they schedule us against.

Just our luck the final three games will be against Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and North....

Just too compromised competition. Turning into a joke. Now Eagles will play Freo for the 2nd time. I understand they want to avoid the hubs but this is too much. Lost interest.

Adelaide- 3 home, 3 away (3 interstate trips)
Brisbane- 3 home, 3 away (3 interstate trips)
Carlton- 3 home, 3 away (1 interstate trip)
Collingwood- 3 home, 3 away (ZERO INTESTATE TRIPS)
Fremantle- 4 home, 2 away (1 interstate trip)
Geelong- 3 home, 3 away (ZERO INTERSTATE TRIPS)
Gold Coast- 1 home, 5 away (4 interstate trips)
GWS- 4 home, 2 away (3 interstate trips INCLUDING ACT HOME GAME)
Melbourne- 3 home, 3 away (1 interstate trip)
North Melbourne- 3 home, 3 away (1 interstate trip INCLUDING TAS HOME GAME)
Richmond- 3 home, 3 away (ZERO INTERSTATE TRIPS)
St Kilda- 3 home, 3 away (1 interstate trip)
West Coast- 3 home, 3 away (2 interstate trips)
Western Bulldogs- 3 home, 3 away (ZERO INTERSTATE TRIPS)

Adelaide- 3 home, 3 away (3 interstate trips)
Brisbane- 3 home, 3 away (3 interstate trips)
Carlton- 3 home, 3 away (1 interstate trip)
Collingwood- 3 home, 3 away (ZERO INTESTATE TRIPS)
Fremantle- 4 home, 2 away (1 interstate trip)
Geelong- 3 home, 3 away (ZERO INTERSTATE TRIPS)
Gold Coast- 1 home, 5 away (4 interstate trips)
GWS- 4 home, 2 away (3 interstate trips INCLUDING ACT HOME GAME)
Melbourne- 3 home, 3 away (1 interstate trip)
North Melbourne- 3 home, 3 away (1 interstate trip INCLUDING TAS HOME GAME)
Richmond- 3 home, 3 away (ZERO INTERSTATE TRIPS)
St Kilda- 3 home, 3 away (1 interstate trip)
West Coast- 3 home, 3 away (2 interstate trips)
Western Bulldogs- 3 home, 3 away (ZERO INTERSTATE TRIPS)

Good work Vic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes the footy is not fair. SUNS had like 80% forward, yet Eagles 4 entries 3 goals. Missing easy shots. No confidence.

Sometimes the footy is not fair. SUNS had like 80% forward, yet Eagles 4 entries 3 goals. Missing easy shots. No confidence.

Skills and structures the biggest killer

Watched Hannah dunn bomb it in from 50 in that first quarter and took off running towards defence preparing straight away for a turnover before it had even been marked 🥴

WTF - how SUNS can be behind at HT. Just hoping Perkins's goal gave them some confidence. I can't remember when one team would dominate away like this. Just pissed off. Feel for girls.

Eagles two down now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back