AFLW AFLW 2021 - Suns Sisters Sophomore Slog

Remove this Banner Ad

This must be the most frustrating game I had ever watched. Girls tried hard. I feel for them.

Contrary to most people I think we will be more than fine next year. This year girls from academy are turning out great. More kids coming next year including Levi's sister. Yorston and Bradfield are also hopefully coming back. If you look at contest, tackling, inside work - all very good. Bella is already decent in the ruck. Finally some resemblance of the plan, link ups. Just not enough confidence at the moment, costly turnovers, missing assignments.

I still can't comprehend how girls managed to lose. 14 vs 0 inside 50 just in 3rd QTR!

It should be fun next week on a 6 day break coming back from WA and with fly in on the game day. Crows who are probably the best team at the moment are resting at home and are getting ready for the second home game in a row. Why can't Crows fly to GC? St. Kilda got absolutely hammered by Crows today.

Last edited:

2 minutes to go 1 point down and a ball up beside the goal square should’ve been a message from the runner to at least get the scores level

When is the coach going to take some accountability for the losses
I didn't see the game, as I was at the pies game. But yeah, sometimes young players don't have such awareness. A bit like one of the mens game a few years ago.

2 minutes to go 1 point down and a ball up beside the goal square should’ve been a message from the runner to at least get the scores level
I don't want to be picky but why do you think that there was no message? Moment after the ball up besides goal square, I forgot who was it but the ball just went through her hands 35m from the goal. She could just pick it up and probably score at least a point or bring it back to goal square.

I remember at least 6-8 scoring moments where I was shaking my head. Levi directly in front and so on.

I didn't see the game, as I was at the pies game. But yeah, sometimes young players don't have such awareness. A bit like one of the mens game a few years ago.
SUNS absolutely dominated for 3 QTRs. In the last QTR Eagles stepped up and it was actually quite entertaining game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is expecting massacre today? I do. For the SUNS, that's the game #5 in a row away, 6 day break after coming back from Perth, over 3 hour fly in on the game day and my favourite Levi is not playing. On the other hand, Crows are probably the hottest team as they destroyed Saints last week while enjoying the 2nd consecutive home game.

Who is expecting massacre today? I do. For the SUNS, that's the game #5 in a row away, 6 day break after coming back from Perth, over 3 hour fly in on the game day and my favourite Levi is not playing. On the other hand, Crows are probably the hottest team as they destroyed Saints last week while enjoying the 2nd consecutive home game.

Anything better than a flogging will be pretty good.
On a side note, one thing that the 3 rookies (Single, D'Arcy and Levi) all bring is good tackling. Levi stuck a few good ones last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back