AFLW AFLW 2021 - Suns Sisters Sophomore Slog

Remove this Banner Ad

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
ABOUT THE NAB AFLW DRAFT
The 2020 NAB AFLW Draft will be held on 6 October 2020. Date and Venue to be advised.

All players wishing to be considered for selection are required to nominate for the draft by going to https://womensdraft.afl.com.au/ between 9am (EST) 1st September and 3pm (EST) 21st September 2020.

Players are free to nominate for one (1) State or region only. They can nominate any State they choose, however this may have an impact on relocation eligibility. NOrelocation allowance or costs will be provided by the AFL or Club to a player who:

• Would not have reasonable need to relocate to their closest Club’s primary training ground (reasonable need to relocate based on a reasonable travel time post training with initial consideration of an hour by motor vehicle); and
  • Elects to nominate in a different draft to that AFLW team. (An exception to this will be made for players who nominated for their local draft in the 2019 NAB AFLW Draft but were not selected and have subsequently decided to nominate in a different State for the 2020 NAB AFLW Draft.)
Where the player is eligible, the following relocation costs can be provided as follows:

• Actual costs of the transport of player to the location and return at the end of the players contract, connection of utilities and loan for security deposit
  • Relocation allowance with the following allowable costs:
  1. Temporary accommodation of up to four months (temporary accommodation requires active searching for permanent accommodation)
  2. Living allowance
  3. Removal / storage of household goods
  4. Reimbursement for the purchase of essential household goods (maximum payment)
  5. Reasonable removal costs if the player returns home with the first two years
Relocation costs as agreed by AFL and AFLPA in the CBA applicable to AFLW players shall be payable by each Club where a player meets the criteria set out above. The agreed relocation entitlement is included under Schedule A, Clause 12 in the AFLW CBA.

The NAB AFL Draft order is based on reverse 2020 AFLW Competition finishing positions (subject to the trading of draft picks and any compensation draft picks allocated by the AFL through the expansion process).

Clubs can choose to make selections in the Primary Draft subject to the number of Primary List spots they have available at the commencement of the draft.

AFLW Clubs will be provided with a full list of draft nominees after nominations have closed, with an update provided following the father-daughter bidding process (see below).

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
These Umpires...

The umpires in general in AFLw are poor

I feel a lot of the congestion across the competition is due to the umpires

You see so many wrong calls and a lot of incorrect disposals amd they just call play on or let it fumble around in a pack on the ground until it’s dead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well there's a touch of luck for the Competition leaders.......they get to play Rd7 in Melbourne, switched from Hickey park.

And they're there again in Rd8, giving them 8 games straight in Melbourne..........
No crowds though... I wanted to go.

Covid was part of the reason the pies couldn't travel for a good chunk of the season.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
yeah we only have number 1 pick in the Queensland Draft. which consists of anyone who has nominated for the QLD draft.
I’m pretty sure in QLD, each team has priority access to their own academy girls. Since the Suns came in to the comp, I don’t believe either team has drafted a girl out the others academy. I might even have read that QLD is divided in to three zone.

1. the GC zone, 2 the Bris zone and 3 whole of QLD available to either team.

After that, I’m pretty sure that when either team has drafted a player from interstate, that has been prearranged between the club and the player.

So in effect, both QLD teams are drafting from their own closed pool, with the exception of possibly drafting mature age recruits out of the QAFLW.

For example when we drafted Indy Tahu from SA and Ruby Svarc from Vic last year, it required both players to nominate QLD, and I’m pretty sure both players nominated the Brisbane zone.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I’ll admit I was wrong when I said Brisbane’s AFLW side would be just as bad as Gold Coast’s.

Probably a good thing I can’t remember who exactly here was arguing with me at the beginning of last year, that Gold Coasts AFLW team was probably better than Brisbane’s.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd

The play was nice but the reaction was enough to melt my cold dead heart.

Take a bow Lucy Single

She has been one of our few shining lights this season.

in regards to the fans- gee footy is tough isn’t it?

next week is the most winable game for the season it’s a non negotiable- we must win.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Our team is so bad and irrelevant that people can’t be bothered posting anymore.
Lake/McLarty have to go.
This team should be much better than this tripe.

I assume you watched the game like me. I am happy to discuss your game analysis.

Another 12 months in the gym and a tough pre season and your girls will surprise you. Be patient.
I will not be surprised but I am maybe the only SUNS fan believing this :)

It's a very young team. Some older players are past of it. Plenty of talent on the team and more is joining next draft, some key players returning from injuries. New girls like Single, D'Arcy, Levi were great this year. Levi produced some unbelievable tackles in this game.

In most games SUNS were more than equal in the middle. Regularly beaten on outside spread and did not sustain work rate for 4 quarters. Yesterday, after great start, it looked like physically they could not go with Carlton in the 2nd half which was really disappointing. Bella started the game well but was absolutely schooled in the second half. No stopping of Carlton winning clearances in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back