AFLW AFLW 2021 - Suns Sisters Sophomore Slog

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
Thought Daisy was very good this year, especially as the youngest player in the comp.
Hopefully a move into the midfield in a couple of years.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Nice to see another Gold Coast local claiming the women's B&F award. Two in a row now with Stanton last year and Ahrens this year. Interestingly, both hail from the southern GC. Mr Bods would be a big fan 😂

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Nice to see another Gold Coast local claiming the women's B&F award. Two in a row now with Stanton last year and Ahrens this year. Interestingly, both hail from the southern GC. Mr Bods would be a big fan 😂
Yeah. I think the girls team represents Queensland far better than the men’s when it comes to the ratio of Queenslanders/non-Queenslanders!

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
Quite unlucky I'd say.

From what I saw, not quite enough pace for current standard of AFLW.
Need to be able to get to contests, or have enough skills and footy IQ to cover for that.
The longer the season went on, the more the athletic youngsters like Single, D'Arcy and Levy were showing.
The other teams are getting quicker and stronger, so we got to keep up.

Need to be able to get to contests, or have enough skills and footy IQ to cover for that.
The longer the season went on, the more the athletic youngsters like Single, D'Arcy and Levy were showing.
That's a good point. You need to be able to have certain aspects to make it at this level. And if they dont have them, no point keeping them if you want to keep improving.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I think hickey was ok bit like a Holman type but unlucky with injury

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
AFLW 2021/22 coming December 2021. Looks like we will get a truckload of home matches towards the end of the season once the BBL is finished

I wonder how long the christmas break will be?

Last edited:

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Commission approved the following recommendations:

- Provide the Gold Coast SUNS with two priority selections, after the fifth (5th) and seventh (7th) selections in the first round, as well as access to two mature age players from Queensland prior to the 2021 NAB AFLW Draft.

Back