AFLW 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Freo lead the way with aggressive play last year, think the other teams will follow and as the girls that have actually grown up playing the sport come through I find the scoring is increasing, wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of a breakout on scoring this year. Will be keen to hit some totals when/if they come up. Nothing massive but expecting 5 - 10ish points increase.

Adelaide the smokey this year, Randall and Philips back is massive.

3 from 4 overs so far, the only unders going half a point under. Think the totals should be around 70.5 plus or minus 5 depending on the teams playing. Will be interesting to see what they go up with tomorrow.

overs hits at HT.
Melbourne are looking sharp.

I'm going to get on the Woodland train next up. Crows will destroy WC and shes named at FF.
AGS $2.40, 2+ $5.50, 3+ $21

Yep, missed this, just like the only thing I bet that you recommended from the Coll/ Carl game was the one that lost 😞.

How are you so good at picking these (goal scorers in particular), just bookies not having a good handle on the league and giving up huge edges, or something else?

Last edited:
1u multi - freo, Bris, North win @2.83 b365 (elsewhere is about $2)
1u multi - freo -14.5, Bris -18.5, North win @5.03 b365

I like this. Tailed. Think all 3 favourites win pretty easily today.

Not too many GS Markets that appeal.
Taken Hodder AGS $3.15 & Bodey AGS $2.90
Also a small nibble on Abbatangelo 2+ $3.75 on SB.

Yep, missed this, just like the only thing I bet that you recommended from the Coll/ Carl game was the one that lost 😞.

How are you so good at picking these (goal scorers in particular), just bookies not having a good handle on the league and giving up huge edges, or something else?

Honestly nothing special. I think i have a good grasp of where each team sits, each team has 1 or 2 players that are never value for GS. E.g Tayla Harris, Erin Phillips. So i look for players that are listed Forward on the team sheet that are a bit more value down the list. Then do a little background search on the player, in the case of Woodland she actually led the league in goals in the SANFLW. and just quietly she missed her 3rd goal from 5M in the last qtr.

But there is definitely edges on AFLW, bookies are not up to speed with it like other sports that have been around for a lot longer.

this North team is going to be very hard to beat.

Live-Bet 2U North 40+ $2.50 -

This wont even be close.

Last edited:
this North team is going to be very hard to beat.

Live-Bet 2U North 40+ $2.50 -

This wont even be close.
yea cats dont look like scoring.. o_O
for brisbane, can also do
0.5u sgm - hodder ags into bodey ags @4.90 sb (unfortunatly theres no wardlaw option to add)
bit harder to predict other bris gs without seeing them play yet but their team probably gets 6-8goals kicked i would think.
0.5u hodder 2g+ @4.50
0.3u hodder 3g+ @17
0.5u wardlaw 2g+ @3.60
0.3u wardlaw 3g+ @11 all b365

added: 1u sgm - duffy ags, houghton ags, Roux ags @3.85 sb

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houghton is a gun, odds were wrong on her this week but unfortunately won't be the same for rest of comp

My tip for Freo AFLW is wait for one of the girls to have a lena week and their odds will go higher ie Roux hasn't goaled so may see higher odds next week, then get on at that time.

My pick was gonna be Sharp this week but she didn't even get picked, thats how stacked the forward line is.

1u multi - freo, Bris, North win @2.83 b365 (elsewhere is about $2)
1u multi - freo -14.5, Bris -18.5, North win @5.03 b365
yea on SB into 1.62 and 2.50 now. nice get on hodder early, ill still tail hodder ags 1u @2.30 b365
and like 1u Wardlaw ags @1.90 b365.
yea cats dont look like scoring.. o_O
for brisbane, can also do
0.5u sgm - hodder ags into bodey ags @4.90 sb (unfortunatly theres no wardlaw option to add)
bit harder to predict other bris gs without seeing them play yet but their team probably gets 6-8goals kicked i would think.
0.5u hodder 2g+ @4.50
0.3u hodder 3g+ @17
0.5u wardlaw 2g+ @3.60
0.3u wardlaw 3g+ @11 all b365

added: 1u sgm - duffy ags, houghton ags, Roux ags @3.85 sb
Roux let me down in the last multi..
Still a good rnd1 for aflw.

an early suggestion is north/freo for the gf winner, with Adel/Melb a roughie chance.

Last edited:
Ripper round 1, overs were 5/7 even with the bookies adjusting it as the weekend went.
Will be looking out for low handicaps next week as they were a bit timid on the lines. The big 3 clubs all covered their lines comfortably.

Alright well i'm joining the fun this year although tbh I know very little about AFLW.

I'm on Freo -13.5. According to premiership odds they are 2nd fav and went undefeated last year. Playing at home. Looks like it will be scorching hot (36 degrees). On the flipside GWS have had a deplorable build up. They couldn't train for two weeks because of covid, then went to a hub in Albury and then to Ade. In their only preseason game they had 1 scoring shot up until three quarter time. I listened to a 4 minute interview of their coach where all he does is talk about how compromised their training was.

Also a little nibble on 40+ at $7.50.
Good to hit my 1st AFLW bet with Freo ending up winning easily in the end. Tailed NP and some of the multis and other bets on here. Good to have footy back but even better to have a fill up 1st round!

Let's keep up the good work.

Ripper round 1, overs were 5/7 even with the bookies adjusting it as the weekend went.
Will be looking out for low handicaps next week as they were a bit timid on the lines. The big 3 clubs all covered their lines comfortably.
It should be noted that the Rich vs Bris game was 6 goals 17 and should have gone over as well.

I thought for a first round skills were much improved on last year. Ball movement was pretty good and a few players kicked a bag and obviously know where the goals are. I think overall totals will trend up.

It might be matchup dependent though. 3 teams kicked either 1 or 2 goals and in a few games goals were scored by getting out the back and running into open goal. GWS did this at least twice which means that there conversion from standard inside 50 was quite poor.

In the last 6 games the winner (excluding Bris who should have kicked 50+) all teams scored over 50 with the average being much higher than that.

It should be noted that the Rich vs Bris game was 6 goals 17 and should have gone over as well.

I thought for a first round skills were much improved on last year. Ball movement was pretty good and a few players kicked a bag and obviously know where the goals are. I think overall totals will trend up.

It might be matchup dependent though. 3 teams kicked either 1 or 2 goals and in a few games goals were scored by getting out the back and running into open goal. GWS did this at least twice which means that there conversion from standard inside 50 was quite poor.

In the last 6 games the winner (excluding Bris who should have kicked 50+) all teams scored over 50 with the average being much higher than that.

Agree, even in the Freo game there were a few set shots from 35 not making the distance or going OOF. Hoping there is some adjustment.

The improvement has come from the bottom players being replaced by debutants who have actually played the game longer.

Think the overs might be good for games with class in the forward line. Freo v Adelaide will be one to watch as Freo have Duffy and Adelaide have Phillips.

Rich v Brissy was gusty. So even small amounts of weather I think could have an impact. But blue skies with small amounts of wind, I can't see to many totals going under 65 - 70 with the better teams playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back