AFLW AFLW 2022 - general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

An ongoing discussion thread for AFLW.

First question ... are all the girls back in action after the Covid/Iso episode last week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, looks like they will make up the missed game at another time. Sunday vs Carlton was selling tickets since the start of the week. Should have players back now.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Since nobody else seems to have done one I thought I'd start an ongoing discussion thread for AFLW. Makes more sense than continuing with the Round 1 thread.

First question ... are all the girls back in action after the Covid/Iso episode last week?

Thanks dog, we certainly had one before but someone changed it the gameday thread and then no mods changed it back even after several requests.

Most of our list was back at WO last night for training. Looking like our match against Brisbane will be a mid-week match later in the season.

Thanks dog, we certainly had one before but someone changed it the gameday thread and then no mods changed it back even after several requests.

Most of our list was back at WO last night for training. Looking like our match against Brisbane will be a mid-week match later in the season.

I actually heard that our match this week is not going ahead either.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So we'll now have to play 2 mid-week games. Not ideal but not much we can do if we haven't got the numbers.

One positive is that it looks like we'll play Gold Coast twice now in R3 (mid-week reschedule) and R7.

Hopefully we get on the mend soon.

A quick catch up on what's happening in the AFLW.

The Dogs are now playing GSW on Friday in Sydney at 5.10pm.

Haneen Zreika from GWS will not be playing because she decided she couldn't wear the pride jumper because of her religious belief.

Tomorrow night's other game between St Kilda and West Coast has been postponed because West Coast players have Covid.

The Dogs play at Whitten Oval on Tuesday night against Freo.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
A quick catch up on what's happening in the AFLW.

The Dogs are now playing GSW on Friday in Sydney at 5.10pm.

Haneen Zreika from GWS will not be playing because she decided she couldn't wear the pride jumper because of her religious belief.

Tomorrow night's other game between St Kilda and West Coast has been postponed because West Coast players have Covid.

The Dogs play at Whitten Oval on Tuesday night against Freo.
For someone of her age and occupation outside AFLW, that is a disappointing call.

She's within her rights to make it, but I'm within my rights to think less of her for it.

I hope she doesn't cry foul if one day the shoe is on the other foot.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For someone of her age and occupation outside AFLW, that is a disappointing call.

She's within her rights to make it, but I'm within my rights to think less of her for it.

I hope she doesn't cry foul if one day the shoe is on the other foot.
Wonder how I'd go suddenly refusing to work because my workplace promotes multiculturalism. You have choice over your religion, whereas you don't for race, gender, sexuality, etc. What a hateful, ignorant person hiding behind her religion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Kayo or Fox.
Not the AFL website? That'd be right.
Fox squeezing all the punters out of access by any means other than their own channels. Last year it was the Telstra option that got strangled.

I refuse to pay Murdoch my hard-earned.

Not the AFL website? That'd be right.
Fox squeezing all the punters out of access by any means other than their own channels. Last year it was the Telstra option that got strangled.

I refuse to pay Murdoch my hard-earned.
It's free on the AFLW app

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Early days but I've seen little to get me excited about this season so far. Can't wait to see the new clubs join the comp in the next couple of years and take even more of our top end talent so we spend the next 5 years down the bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back