AFLW AFLW 2022 - general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't disagree, but as a Bulldogs supporter, I think I still have a right to begrudge her defection. I understand the lay of the land, and yes I am a fervent critic of the AFL and AFLW - but she has also professed her love of the club, and I would hope the club has been party to any negotiations to have the opportunity to provide a counter offer. I suspect the substance of the AFLW salary cap wage itself would not differ greatly, but any earnings outside that, e.g. from a sponsor like Blackburn with pancake Parlour, would hopefully come into discussions.

Edit: tbh I'm more disappointed in the possibility of Toogood defecting as she has been a personal favourite of my daughter's from when she first wore #28. It might be a by-product of a mis-managed competition, but I don't have to like the circumstances.
Can you please send me a message. I wanted to send you message but you don't have your conversations open

Shame that we have lost her

Agreed, hopefully the compensation received is reasonable but the need to pick up a replacement key position forward now becomes highly important.

Players leaving WA, VIC and QLD to go to NSW is going to be important to avoid 2 easybeats given GWS struggles as a stand-alone Sydney team.

It will be interesting whether the Swans have a crack as well or whether a GWS move is a done deal.

Agreed, hopefully the compensation received is reasonable but the need to pick up a replacement key position forward now becomes highly important.

Players leaving WA, VIC and QLD to go to NSW is going to be important to avoid 2 easybeats given GWS struggles as a stand-alone Sydney team.

It will be interesting whether the Swans have a crack as well or whether a GWS move is a done deal.
Maybe Sydney were worried about her knees and it was just GWS that were interested In her

Maybe Sydney were worried about her knees and it was just GWS that were interested In her
Swans would gladly have her. She's chosen GWS largely due to connections with Alicia Eva.

It's hard to see how GWS can adequately compensate us with the 4 new clubs joining this year.
Unless the AFLW decides to allow future pick trading.

It's hard to see how GWS can adequately compensate us with the 4 new clubs joining this year.
Unless the AFLW decides to allow future pick trading.

Softened across 2 codes with the end of season Josh Kelly trade to the dogs

Western Bulldogs take on the Richmond aligned Port Melbourne in the VFLW on Saturday - 4.05pm at North Port Oval.

Live on WARFRadio.com (and 89.1 FM at the ground) from 3pm and video stream from 4pm on VFLW.TV

PORT MELBOURNE
B11. M Shaw1. O Barton
HB32. K Adams6. L Davie33. C Locke
C25. F Taylor18. K O'Keefe15. C Dyett
HF59. S Dargan16. B Wilson14. L Grocock
F29. I Stutt27. E Harley
R17. B Winbanks12. N Borg10. S Locke
INT2. K Dudley22. A Peterson4. C Bromage
23. Z McWhinney3. L De Gleria Cade
EMG30. M Briedis44. L Atkinson
5. H Fosbrooke19. C Ryan

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B59. T. DELGADO41. N. WRIGHT
HB53. E. VALE51. R. CHRISTGOERGL58. P. CHISHOLM
C40. E. MORRISON57. M. McLEOD55. L. SCHNIEDER
HF44. M. MARKS54. M. FREEMAN50. A. XANTHOS
F39. M. SANDRAL32. M. LISTER
R38. J-L. MORROW56. L. CONDON45. T. MEIER
INT42. M. PURCELL43. J. WEBSTER34. I. BARKER
49. L. BIBBY52. M. KATERELOS
EMG46. K. BAYS47. E. COLLARD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing.

When they were announcing the community award, they gave a special mention to Izzy Huntington for the work she has done and that they will miss her.
Unlike Conti, who wiped all mention of the club as soon as rumours started about her asking for a trade, Toogood's Instagram and Twitter still have WB references (at this stage). Hopefully a good sign, but who knows?

Did you end up finding someone for the tickets, or attend yourself MYOB?

Unlike Conti, who wiped all mention of the club as soon as rumours started about her asking for a trade, Toogood's Instagram and Twitter still have WB references (at this stage). Hopefully a good sign, but who knows?

Did you end up finding someone for the tickets, or attend yourself MYOB?
I ended up going on my own, but had a very friendly table.

Re Bonnie, nothing was said. In her acceptance speech, she didn't get emotional, no mention of her leaving or staying.

A big thing was made about Ellie and Kirsty signing on and how they look forward to playing with such a great group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back