AFLW AFLW 2022 - general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interesting take leaving Edmonds out, I think her and Moody will definitely be a one-two punch particularly given the tall forwards we have lost.
Not sure that Brown will be a walk up start either, but I hope to be proven wrong on that one.
Also fantastic to hear that McLeod looks like playing this year, I feared her career might be over.

If I were to guess at a round one side I would say:

B: Lynch, Ferres

HB: Grant, Brown, Hartwig

C: Hunt, Lamb, Bennets

HF: Newton, NMD, Berry

F: Cranston, Bateman

R: Moody, Blackburn, Fitzgerald, McLeod

Edmonds, Pritchard, Grant, Georgostathis, Snell

I guess they're fairly similar other than Edmonds for Brown and Snell for Wilcox. I think Snell was fantastic last year and deserves to be in the R1 team.

Interesting take leaving Edmonds out, I think her and Moody will definitely be a one-two punch particularly given the tall forwards we have lost.
Not sure that Brown will be a walk up start either, but I hope to be proven wrong on that one.
Also fantastic to hear that McLeod looks like playing this year, I feared her career might be over.

If I were to guess at a round one side I would say:

B: Lynch, Ferres

HB: Grant, Brown, Hartwig

C: Hunt, Lamb, Bennets

HF: Newton, NMD, Berry

F: Cranston, Bateman

R: Moody, Blackburn, Fitzgerald, McLeod

Edmonds, Pritchard, Grant, Georgostathis, Snell

I guess they're fairly similar other than Edmonds for Brown and Snell for Wilcox. I think Snell was fantastic last year and deserves to be in the R1 team.
Thought Brown was one of our best?

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Here is our team for Saturday's practice match...

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 2.11.16 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think that this article, currently on the AFL website, was supposed to pump up the Bulldogs' tyres. But it just made me a bit narky:

Yep, I read it and thought 'instead of investing in developing leadership maybe we should invest in developing loyalty'.

Apr 22, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There wasn't much posted about our practice game (we lost to GWS by a point) but some highlights and observations are up on the website.

Bulldogs Media | Western Bulldogs

What we learned: AFLW practice match

Moody looking lively up forward!

I watched online, and there seemed to be a fair bit of positional experimentation going on. Elanor Brown playing on-ball was a surprise - she performed quite well, but I think we would really miss her intercept marking and attack from defence if she stayed in that role. Especially with Hartwig being trialled up forward.

Deanne Berry was super impressive, looking very sharp and agile. So great to see after her horrible injury.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I watched online, and there seemed to be a fair bit of positional experimentation going on. Elanor Brown playing on-ball was a surprise - she performed quite well, but I think we would really miss her intercept marking and attack from defence if she stayed in that role. Especially with Hartwig being trialled up forward.

Deanne Berry was super impressive, looking very sharp and agile. So great to see after her horrible injury.
Thanks for the intel. The match notes suggested that Millie Brown might be a replacement for Ellie Brown down back.
Not sure about Hartwig up forward though. I like her kicking from defense.

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks for the intel. The match notes suggested that Millie Brown might be a replacement for Ellie Brown down back.
Not sure about Hartwig up forward though. I like her kicking from defense.
It is always hard to know what moves are to test something that may be a permanent move for the season and which other moves are to test something that may be used occasionally during the season.

Slack Nang

Senior List
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CDFC
Yeah, watch this. For no other reason to find out how much of a potty mouth Ellie is

I think our biggest loss this season is Debbie Lee... and Izzy but I think we have everything else covered

We have been smart. We knew we would lose some experience to expansion but we have crafted a young list who now has at least one season under their belt and have made some good recuits. Really looking forward to watching Elisabeth, Millie Brown, Gabby Newton, NMD and my personal fave Richelle Cranston completely dominate all who dare to stand in their way

Elsa will share the MVP award with Erin Phillips

I'm too excited for this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back