Women's Footy AFLW 2022 - Alyce Parker named in AA Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Unsurprisingly ... congrats to Alyce Parker on your round 1 game.

GWS-W MVG Rd1.png

2022 AFLW - Round 2 v Fremantle
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
AFLW Game Day Guide: Round 2 v Dockers (gwsgiants.com.au)

Fremantle v GIANTS
Sunday, January 16 at 5:10pm (AEDT)
Victoria University Whitten Oval

Tickets

Tickets will be on sale this Wednesday from 12pm AEDT.

Team Selection

The GIANTS will name their final team on Saturday at 5:30pm at giants.afl.

Most Valuable GIANT

Vote for your Most Valuable GIANT! After our game on Sunday, GIANTS fans will be able to vote for their most valuable player in a 3, 2, 1 voting style. Vote exclusively on the GIANTS app - Click here to download it now.

Broadcast

The match will be broadcast live from 5:00pm on Sunday on 7two in NSW and the ACT, Foxtel, Kayo and the Official AFLW App.

Social Media

For all the latest news, follow @GWSGIANTS on social media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Rehab Report: Round 2 (gwsgiants.com.au)

Star recruit Chloe Dalton’s injury update is one of only a few good updates to come out of the league’s opening round injury news. Dalton has avoided serious damage to her right shoulder after an incident in the GIANTS’ opening round clash on the weekend. Dalton landed awkwardly during the second term with her right shoulder taking the brunt of the impact. Imagery and assessment have confirmed an AC joint injury of the right shoulder, with Dalton to be a test for this weekend. Dalton will need to get through Friday’s training session to be cleared for Sunday’s match. Dalton’s availability for round two will be confirmed when the team is announced on Saturday at 5:30pm.

No other injuries came out of the round one match against the Suns, with Tarni Evans the only other player on the injury list. Evans is continuing her rehab from a foot injury sustained in the early weeks of pre-season. She’s working closely with the medical staff and is currently working through her return to running program.

slider1978

Senior List
Oct 5, 2008
craigieburn
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi all,

My name is Dean Vasic and I do a podcast called Hashtag Kangaroos. I was wondering if anyone in here would like to make an appearance on the show next week to preview the Round 3 AFLW game. All you need is decent knowledge of your own team and your phone for the interview.

Let me know if that's something that might interest you and feel free to comment below or send me a message.

Kind regards,

Dean Vasic

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Emily Pease will make her AFLW debut when the GIANTS meet the Dockers at Whitten Oval on Sunday.

Canberran Emily Pease will make her AFLW debut this Sunday, as the only change to the GIANTS’ team. Pease, who was an emergency in round one, comes into the squad for Chloe Dalton who was unable to get up for the clash against Fremantle after injuring her shoulder against the Suns in the opening round. It was an emotional and proud Dalton who did the honours of announcing Pease as her replacement for this week.

Congrats, and good luck today Emily.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Round 2 Team List

B: Randall (21) Lister (14)
HB: Stephenson (12) Hetherington (9) Stack (15)
C: Eva (2) (C) Zreika (24) Pease (33)
HF: Staunton (13) Privitelli (19) Loynes (7)
F: Mackrill (32) Barr (8)
Foll: Morphett (22) Parker (3) Steane (20)
I: Garnett (17) McKinnon (23) Beeson (6) Dallaway (30) Smith (4)

I see that Ally Morphett has been named as the lead ruck on paper this week!

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Round 2 Team List

B: Randall (21) Lister (14)
HB: Stephenson (12) Hetherington (9) Stack (15)
C: Eva (2) (C) Zreika (24) Pease (33)
HF: Staunton (13) Privitelli (19) Loynes (7)
F: Mackrill (32) Barr (8)
Foll: Morphett (22) Parker (3) Steane (20)
I: Garnett (17) McKinnon (23) Beeson (6) Dallaway (30) Smith (4)

I see that Ally Morphett has been named as the lead ruck on paper this week!
Can only be a good thing for McKinnon a bit of competition, interested to see if Ally backs her game up from last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

TAIT Mackrill's one-match suspension stands, after the Greater Western Sydney forward failed in her bid to overturn her ban at the AFL Tribunal. Mackrill had been charged with rough conduct in a bump against Fremantle's Dana East.

Graded as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact by the MRO, the Giants' counsel Adrian Anderson argued the incident should be seen as low impact and medium contact to the shoulder, rather than the head. A free kick was not paid in the moment, and East played out the game unaffected. East did not need medical treatment after the incident.

The case marked the first time the new AFL Tribunal guidelines were used, with chair Renee Enbom QC joining jury members David Neitz and Stephen Jurica in their deliberations.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Congrats Cora. Pretty much a lone hand up forward.

GWS Rd 2 MVG.png

Coaches' votes to Alicia & Alyce.

Fremantle v Greater Western Sydney
10 Hayley Miller (FRE)
8 Alicia Eva (GWS)
5 Dana East (FRE)
3 Kiara Bowers (FRE)
2 Sarah Verrier (FRE)
1 Laura Pugh (FRE)
1 Alyce Parker (GWS)

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

Bec Beeson will miss AFLW matches for the first time in her career. GIANTS midfielder Bec Beeson will be sidelined with an ankle injury sustained against the Dockers on Sunday. The inaugural GIANT is expected to miss multiple matches after suffering an ankle sprain in round two.

GIANTS AFLW Head Physiotherapist Gemma Vale said: “Bec’s injury forced her out of the game last Sunday and will see her likely miss the next few weeks. It’s a lateral ligament sprain so she’ll be off-legs in the immediate term before we assess how her ankle responds to treatment and build her back up to full fitness.”

Beeson has not missed a game since round one of the inaugural 2017 season.

Fellow midfielder Chloe Dalton is likely to return from a shoulder injury for Sunday’s clash with the Kangaroos in Melbourne. The recruit hurt her AC joint in Mackay in round one, missing round two, and will undergo a fitness test later in the week.

Utility Tarni Evans is continuing to build back to full fitness following a pre-season foot injury.

Forward Tait Mackrill will miss round three with suspension.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

Emily Pease made a seamless transition into AFLW in her debut at Whitten Oval on Sunday afternoon. A tough second quarter meant the GIANTS were too far out of reach in the 52-20 loss to Fremantle, however Pease looked right at home in the number 33 GIANTS jumper.

The 19-year-old demonstrated poise beyond her years, with multiple instances of her trademark balanced run down the wing. Pease finished with 13 disposals, 2 marks and 3 tackles. GIANTS midfield coach Lloyd Perris also recognised four defensive efforts by Pease that led to Fremantle turnovers.

GIANTS captain Alicia Eva had nothing but praise for the debutant. “Her debut was outstanding,” said Eva. “She put her head in the hole a couple of times, her help side run was amazing. She said she wanted to come into the game bringing her skills which is her run and her beautiful kick. A great debut for her and I'm sure her family and friends are really proud.”

Pease was drafted at pick number 29 ahead of the 2021 AFLW season yet didn’t have the chance to pull on a GIANTS jumper that year.

:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back