AFLW AFLW 2022 - Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap FTA coverage in SA this round, no Friday or Saturday night games.
That was the case for everywhere. Seven the host broadcaster for just 2 FTA games this week to counter the 4 in R1.

They don't do/want Friday games, other than the season opener. But picking the Sat arvo over the Sat night was an anomaly.

Hot time of the day to play footy. Maybe the West Coast v Gold Coast game could have been played at 7.40pm tonight?

Geez after an average first half, that last quarter was the best that this competition has to offer. Great footy all round. Bohanna's last quarter might be the best individual quarter ever played in this competition. Match winner.

Charlie Rowbottom is super nice too. Might not have the eye-catching speed and flair of the likes of Conti and Prespakis but she's always on the bottom of the pack getting her hands dirty. Great footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Belinda Smith, returning to Whitten Oval for the first time since 2019, was about as good today as when she played for the Bulldogs. Stats don't reflect that, but her various klutzy errors just summed up the Eagles' performance.

Brittany Perry not getting a game makes a bit more sense after Bohanna's impact today. Perry was still clearly good enough for AFLW last time I saw her play, doesn't even have to be as a traditional lead-up forward, plus she's a South Australian--another obvious target for Port Adelaide.

Hot time of the day to play footy. Maybe the West Coast v Gold Coast game could have been played at 7.40pm tonight?
24 to 27 degrees over the duration, same temperature Brenton Sanderson was mocked for complaining about. If the conditions had any impact, it was to help break the game open which was sorely needed.

A 7.40pm Sunday game means the Suns wouldn't get home until after 1am on a Monday morning, not fair on most players who work 9-5 jobs.

Adelaide haven't had to do much to be 2 (should be 3) goals up, won't have to change anything to win this by 4-5 if NM don't fix their F50 entries. Even for the one goal North kicked, it was still from a bomb and hope while ignoring an easy option in the corridor.

This game brought to you by the Defender's Guild of Australian Football.

Stats for players racking up touches and uncontested marks in the back half shouldn't even be counted. How easy is it to play down there (in any league, but especially this one).

I was there for the game, it was insane that last quarter.

Once the 4th quarter started and eagles got on a roll, it was 3 goals down, rarely in AFLW do sides especially young ones, come from 3 goals down to win it.. so I didn't give them much chance.
Boy was I wrong. 5 goals in a space of 10 minutes. Was crazy.

Surman did pretty well for a small forward too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back