NAB AFLW Round Four – Updated Fixture

Thursday, January 27STADIUM (NETWORK)AEDTLOCAL
Collingwood vs. FremantleVictoria Park (VIC) (Foxtel)5:40pm5:40pm
Friday, January 28
GWS GIANTS vs. Western BulldogsHenson Park (NSW) (Foxtel)5:10pm5:10pm
St. Kilda vs. West Coast EaglesSkyBus Stadium (VIC) (Foxtel)7:10pm7:10pm
Saturday, January 29
Adelaide Crows vs. MelbourneNorwood Oval (SA) (Seven)3:10pm2:40pm
Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong CatsMaroochydore Multi Sports Complex (QLD) (Foxtel)5:10pm4:10pm
Sunday, January 30
Carlton vs. KangaroosIkon Park (VIC) (Seven)3:10pm3:10pm
Gold Coast SUNS vs. RichmondMetricon Stadium (QLD) (Foxtel)5:10pm4:10pm
Additional Matches*
Tuesday, February 1STADIUM (NETWORK)AEDTLOCAL
Collingwood vs. West Coast EaglesVictoria Park (VIC) (Foxtel)5:10pm5:10pm
Western Bulldogs vs. FremantleWhitten Oval (VIC) (Foxtel)7:10pm7:10pm

The scheduled Round Six match between Collingwood and the West Coast Eagles and the scheduled Round 10 match between the Western Bulldogs and Fremantle will be played on Tuesday, February 1.

AFL General Manager Competition Management Laura Kane said while the ongoing pandemic continues to impact the 2022 NAB AFL Women’s Competition, the AFL remains committed to delivering a full season in a safe manner anchored in the advice of respective governments and public health officials.

“We remain committed to completing the season and awarding a Premier and the updates to the fixture aim to provide the competition with greater flexibility as we progress the season,” Ms. Kane said.

“The decision to schedule additional matches to the fixture for Fremantle and the West Coast Eagles was made in close consultation and with strong support from each Club following updates to border restrictions relating to Western Australia.

“We remain cognisant of the outside-football commitments of many players and staff from WA who are currently on the road in Victoria, and we thank them for their commitment and understanding.

“The league will continue to work closely with each club and the AFLPA, and will remain led by the advice of respective state governments and relevant health authorities as we work through arrangements for the coming rounds. I want to thank the AFLPA for working with us to provide the flexibility required to progress the season.

“Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs will participate in the additional games with the Magpies to have a five-day break between their Round Four game and their match-up against the Eagles next Tuesday night. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs are ready to return for Round Four after two weeks of no matches due to AFL Health and Safety Protocols.

“For the time being, the fixture remains a week-to-week proposition, and as such, we want to thank every AFLW Club, players and the AFLPA, umpires, venues, governments, ticketing agents and all supporters for their understanding.”

Ticketing Update
  • For supporters who have purchased tickets to matches in Round Four, those tickets remain valid. The Ticketing Agent will be in contact should any ticket purchaser wish to receive a refund.
  • Details of ticketing for the additional matches - Collingwood vs. West Coast Eagles and the Western Bulldogs vs. Fremantle – will be released separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to be reminded again that Celine Moody has a "handy dad". I'm sure mum is pretty handy too (and not just for being the source of her freak genes), but anyway.

Does anyone else see Ellie Blackburn as a horribly selfish player?
Uh no.

Good to be reminded again that Celine Moody has a "handy dad". I'm sure mum is pretty handy too (and not just for being the source of her freak genes), but anyway.

Uh no.
Seems to me that in this game she's yet to look for a team mate and kicks it wildly instead. Whoa, she must have heard me. Finally a measured disposal straight to a team mate.

Ebony Antonio ******* great again. Keep showing that picture of her as a young Docker diehard but, for it to be properly fitting, they ought to photoshop Trent Croad into Matthew Pavlich.

Seems to me that in this game she's yet to look for a team mate and kicks it wildly instead. Whoa, she must have heard me. Finally a measured disposal straight to a team mate.
Whoa she resorted to some tired hack kicks in her 2nd game in 5 days while recovering from a virus. So horribly selfish.

Nothing like the tremendous sacrifice Carlton captain Brianna Davey made by walking out on her club for a 20% pay rise.

Whoa she resorted to some tired hack kicks in her 2nd game in 5 days while recovering from a virus. So horribly selfish.

Nothing like the tremendous sacrifice Carlton captain Brianna Davey made by walking out on her club for a 20% pay rise.
That's your excuse for her ignoring better options? OK then.

You're the one coming up with sh*t excuses to pot a premiership captain. fu** off.
Poor disposal and poor choices in that game are facts not "excuses", but thanks for your eloquent response. 🙄

Poor disposal and poor choices in that game are facts not "excuses"
Yeah those are called mistakes, fairly uncharacteristic ones in the context of Blackburn's career.

To use that as an excuse to label her as horribly selfish just makes you look horribly foolish. So I repeat: faaaaaaaarkk offfffffffffffff

Yeah those are called mistakes, fairly uncharacteristic ones in the context of Blackburn's career.

To use that as an excuse to label her as horribly selfish just makes you look horribly foolish. So I repeat: faaaaaaaarkk offfffffffffffff
When anyone doesn't consider their team mates as options then yes, that's selfish. Pretty straight forward definition. I haven't been following her career so am not aware of her form in that department and did not set out to find an excuse to label her anything. Simply called it as I saw it. When someone is incapable of communicating without resorting to expletives that's called horribly immature. So just settle down petal.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, she is pretty amazing.

My query is where is the equality in some teams having to play multiple games in a short period of time and others having extended breaks?

It is clearly unequal, but unfortunately hard to avoid with the current situation.

Presumably/hopefully those teams with lots of games in quick succession will get an opportunity to have longer rests later in the season (or else have already had them earlier).

I haven't been following her career so am not aware of her form in that department
That's why you don't even realise how silly you sound. Speaking of which...

Not being facetious, but how? Is the the entire WA outbreak centred on the Eagles AFLW program?
In other words, you're totally ignorant of the fact that WA teams have been based in Victoria for the last few weeks.

In other words, you're totally ignorant of the fact that WA teams have been based in Victoria for the last few weeks.
Silly to ask questions?

And not silly to quote someone else's post instead of mine? You're trying too hard to portray something I'm not. Relax. Have a real conversation. 🙄

And not silly to quote someone else's post instead of mine? You're trying too hard to portray something I'm not. Relax. Have a real conversation. 🙄
You're trying too hard to portray a great player as something she's not: "Ellie Blackburn is selfish and I've got the emojis to prove it!" Well that's a pretty bad way to start a conversation.

I didn't mistake you for somebody else, to be clear. It just seemed appropriate to respond to two equally ignorant posts in one go.

You're trying too hard to portray a great player as something she's not: "Ellie Blackburn is selfish and I've got the emojis to prove it!" Well that's a pretty bad way to start a conversation.

I didn't mistake you for somebody else, to be clear. It just seemed appropriate to respond to two equally ignorant posts in one go.
How about you just take your combative misinterpreted misquoted rants to the Bay?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

I was. But you don't have to be a d!ck to everyone who posts here, otherwise you're going to be the only person posting in here, though I suspect you would be perfectly happy with that.

Every single person you reply to, you use aggressive language towards, whether it's a discussion, or some random question.

Back