AFLW AFLW 2022 - Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still not convinced North are genuine contenders at the moment, the midfield and defense are looking solid and holding the opposition to low scores (only Adelaide have past 30), but our forward line is still inconsistent and inaccurate. We are getting the ball in our forward 50 often enough but we are entering without system and rarely to the advantage of our players. Once we can fix that up I think we are a good chance but at the moment it is frustrating watching us keep the ball in our forward 50 for five minutes and getting only a behind or two.
Feel similar about the Dees. The defence has been very solid, and the accurate kicking game is great to watch when it comes off. But teams have worked out it can be stopped by high pressure so every game is turned into a scrap and we have been terrible at converting chances.

Not really. The final score was kind to Cats. Suns dominated most of the game starting with almost double clearances. Suns were harder at contest, dominated inside 50.
Yes and St Kilda have had 20 more disposals to half time, have kicked far more accurately, and therefore deserve to be in front. But it's also fair to say Brisbane are blowing it.

When the Cats put the right players on the ball, it looked like a different game. Otherwise the Suns did indeed dominate, though saying as little as that doesn't actually explain why it unfolded the way it did.

Every single game, the women take shots from too far out or ridiculous angles and everyone in Australia knows they can't kick a goal from where they are
It is incredibly undisciplined and selfish.
Wtf are the coaches telling them?
Probably that if there’s no better option, to back themselves in.
Improvement doesn’t come from ignoring the problem after all.

Yes and St Kilda have had 20 more disposals to half time, have kicked far more accurately, and therefore deserve to be in front. But it's also fair to say Brisbane are blowing it.

When the Cats put the right players on the ball, it looked like a different game. Otherwise the Suns did indeed dominate, though saying as little as that doesn't actually explain why it unfolded the way it did.
Not sure what St Kilda vs Lions game has to do with Suns vs Cats. Watching the game the last thing that would come to my mind is that Cats blew it. As Montagna said Suns dominated in every aspect of the game. Yes, Cats scored first 2 goals, first after nice build up, second from Suns turnover. After that it was all Suns until the last quarter, when you could Cats had better of the game. The goal after siren made it look closer than it was. I liked Cats not giving up when they were 24 points down at 3 quarter time and still fought hard.

Last edited:
Every single game, the women take shots from too far out or ridiculous angles and everyone in Australia knows they can't kick a goal from where they are
It is incredibly undisciplined and selfish.
Wtf are the coaches telling them?
cetainly doesn't help with some of the grounds they play at, wind tunnels like Casey Field and even here are not needed in AFLW.

Not sure what St Kilda vs Lions game has to do with Suns vs Cats. Watching the game the last thing that would come to my mind is that Cats blew it. As Montagna said Suns dominated in every aspect of the game. Yes, Cats score first 2 goals, first after nice build up, second from Suns turnover. After that it was all Suns until the last quarter, when you could Cats had better of the game. The goal after siren made it look closer than it was. I liked Cats not giving up when they were 24 points down at 3 quarter time and still fought hard.
Teen Wolf has it in the Lions every time he comments he finds something interesting to say about them I have no idea why he bought the Lions into that conversation though that’s a new one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the game the last thing that would come to my mind is that Cats blew it.
But it did come to my mind, having watched all of Geelong's games this season and seeing a steep decline in their performance on Friday night.

It's a pity Brisbane held off the Saints in that game, would've been nice to see the philosophy of picking athletes-cum-dud-players over terrific footballers (i.e. Jess Wuetschner) properly punished.

It's a pity Brisbane held off the Saints in that game, would've been nice to see the philosophy of picking athletes-cum-dud-players over terrific footballers (i.e. Jess Wuetschner) properly punished.
No it wasn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back