Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Im sick of being told I should enjoy something because women are involved, its an inferior product just like the VFL WAFL VAFA and country leagues
Im not pressured to watch all of them by anyone so why should I care anymore because there are Vaginas involved

Agreed 100%.

Hope we don't hear any nonsense about the women not getting paid as much as the men, but mark my words it will happen.

A debacle that female tennis players get paid the same as blokes and only have to win 2 sets a match.

Many of the women actually want to play best of 3 sets in the grand slams.

Eliminate the gender divisions and let the lot of them compete for the money - equality for all.

It is such an outrage that women get paid for anything at all really because they aren't as strong as men and can't lift heavy things and barely know how to read maps and all they do is nag and honestly some of them probably deserve a whack every now and then for getting lippy

Right?

Crying about women earning the same as men is literally the lamest thing I have ever heard. Get over yourself.

Crying about women earning the same as men is literally the lamest thing I have ever heard. Get over yourself.

Should it not be about merit?

In professional workplaces, it is about merit. Women are not given a handicap just because they are women.

In the sports ground, why should they be given the pay level of the highest standard if they are not of the highest standard? Makes no sense.

Should it not be about merit?

In professional workplaces, it is about merit. Women are not given a handicap just because they are women.

In the sports ground, why should they be given the pay level of the highest standard if they are not of the highest standard? Makes no sense.

I keep looking for some sense in the argument here but all I see is "waaaaaah wahhhh wahhhhh women"

Agreed 100%.

Hope we don't hear any nonsense about the women not getting paid as much as the men, but mark my words it will happen.

A debacle that female tennis players get paid the same as blokes and only have to win 2 sets a match.
True. I'm sure this is a decision that has massively impacted on your life so total solidarity, dude, you have been ROBBED

Eliminate the gender divisions and let the lot of them compete for the money - equality for all.
I really do try to like you, but you keep making it a challenge :D I think you are probably a worthless campaigner. Go with that - the other option is I try to talk you around and you won't like it and neither will I etc...

It's an argument for a different thread anyway I shouldn't have derailed it

There's people who actually care for the women's league an good on then I hope it's a success , And the people who pretend to care and tell everyone who doesn't they must be a sexist mysoginist that ruin it for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really do try to like you, but you keep making it a challenge :D I think you are probably a worthless campaigner. Go with that - the other option is I try to talk you around and you won't like it and neither will I etc...

That's alright. I don't dislike people I have disagreements with, I know they're just simple.

It is such an outrage that women get paid for anything at all really because they aren't as strong as men and can't lift heavy things and barely know how to read maps and all they do is nag and honestly some of them probably deserve a whack every now and then for getting lippy

Right?

Please don't make jokes about domestic violence. It is neither funny nor clever.

Why is violence against women as in domestic violence and then assault against a man seen as 2 different offences?
Men make up less than 1/4 of all domestic violence victims, and half of those reported are male on male domestic violence incidents. When 75%+ of all reported incidents are male on female violence, perpetrated by someone related or intimate with the victim, that means it's gendered, domestic violence, and it always comes from a position of power. Always. The violence is one manifestation of power over the victim. Others can be social control, financial control etc.

I'm psyched. Reckon the games will be like 90s footy since the girls won't be able to go as hard as the blokes due to biology.

Why is violence against women as in domestic violence and then assault against a man seen as 2 different offences?
It's not. Under the crimes act (Vic) family violence is a defense - not specific to either sex. Assault is a common law offence also not gender specific.

Men make up less than 1/4 of all domestic violence victims, and half of those reported are male on male domestic violence incidents. When 75%+ of all reported incidents are male on female violence, perpetrated by someone related or intimate with the victim, that means it's gendered, domestic violence, and it always comes from a position of power. Always. The violence is one manifestation of power over the victim. Others can be social control, financial control etc.

Liberal arts degree or still in high school?

Alright lets settle this. Domestic violence regardless of the persons gender who starts it should stop, it's not acceptable from whoever does it wether they be male or female or the victim be male or female.

Now let's talk footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back