Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mod Notice

If you don't like AFLW please don't come onto the boards dedicated AFLW thread

Where else would someone discuss how much they don't like AFLW? Good or bad, it's what the thread is for. You wouldn't have much of a main board if you could only say good things about the Demons.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Where else would someone discuss how much they don't like AFLW? Good or bad, it's what the thread is for. You wouldn't have much of a main board if you could only say good things about the Demons.
So, is that an invitation for me to go to the Demons main board to say how much they suck? Everyone would be fine with that?

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
So, is that an invitation for me to go to the Demons main board to say how much they suck? Everyone would be fine with that?

I doubt you'd do a better job at it than we do.

Mate we have a non-dees afl discussion for opinions and such regarding the state of AFL and therefore AFLW.

Sure there is a lot of negativity around MFCSS, but it'd be like me going into the Eternal punting thread and complaining about Gambling

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate we have a non-dees afl discussion for opinions and such regarding the state of AFL and therefore AFLW.

Sure there is a lot of negativity around MFCSS, but it'd be like me going into the Eternal punting thread and complaining about Gambling

You can go into the eternal punting thread and complain about gambling.

This is the Dees board. If a Dees supporter wants to come in and moan about AFLW, good on them. If you want to ban people criticizing AFLW, then perhaps an AFLW area on the main board is appropriate.

People tear shreds out of the AFL team or melt about the Dees all the time. Don't see why the AFLW side deserve special treatment.

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
You can go into the eternal punting thread and complain about gambling.

This is the Dees board. If a Dees supporter wants to come in and moan about AFLW, good on them. If you want to ban people criticizing AFLW, then perhaps an AFLW area on the main board is appropriate.

People tear shreds out of the AFL team or melt about the Dees all the time. Don't see why the AFLW side deserve special treatment.

It is a very typical Bigfooty thing to do.

My guess is that they're protecting an income source which stipulates no negative comments in these threads and the mods have been told to police it.

Forgot to mention, I've recently changed my mind about aflw and really enjoy it which means I'm allowed to post here

TheTassieHawk

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey Demons AFLW fans

Too Serious will be holding our 2nd season of AFLW based competition in 2020 during the 2020 AFLW home and away season, building on the success of our 8 team, 7 week competition in 2019.

As AFLW Draftstars is only a weekly comp we are one of the few full season fantasy comps on offer for AFLW next season – the other I know about is at SuperCoach Talk see https://supercoachtalk.com/aflw-fantasy-final-results/ for details of their 2019 competition. Hopefully success of our comp and others elsewhere will lead to SuperCoach and RealDream team comps further down the track.

We are looking to grow numbers substantially so whether you are an AFLW fanatic, general fantasy football or fantasy sports fan or both please consider having a crack at either a keeper league or draft format competition (or both). Also pass on the word to your family, mates and fantasy league buddies if you think they would be keen. Multiple leagues can be formed depending on how many entries we receive.

If your fantasy football site of choice for AFL mens comps is elsewhere that is no issue and this comp will slot in nicely with those who compete in BBL supercoach and AFL Supercoach and AFL Fantasy comps.

Imagine your excitement as you draft the likes of Daisy Pearce, Karen Paxman, a stack of emerging Demons AFLW Superstars and the crème de la crème of the 13 other AFLW sides and battle it out against your fellow league coaches each week.

As the AFLW season commences on Friday 7th February, 2020 pre-season drafts for AFLW comps will need to commence on or around Friday 24th January, depending on league size (ie 6 to 12 teams). AFLW player positions, league draft order, league draft starting time and other details for 2020 will therefore be finalized and listed by Thursday 16th January.

To join up for 2020 ORFFW comps either send me a Direct/Personal message here at Big Footy, click on the link below or send me a tweet or DM at MystixORFFW @MOrffw indicating whether your preference is for a keeper league, annual draft league, or you are willing to have sign up for one of each.

Cheers TTH

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Proper Gander Kat Smith has done an ACL
I know! I’m so sad for her. Fortunately she’s still so young, so I’m anticipating a big return. She’s good and she is continually developing as a player now and in multiple roles. I might find her on social media or some such and send a message.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Not just Kat, Shae Sloane (Rory's sister I believe) has also done her ACL, so this is not good news for the season.
is this the second time for her? I have a vague recollection that she had to sit out last season for injury?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It is her second time, yes.
Damn it. I guess bad view is she looks unlikely to have an opportunity to pursue her dream. The glass half full view is I guess that there are players that have done an ACL twice and make it back on the field.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Women are 2-4 times more likely to do an ACL apparently, they still aren't sure of the exact reason why either.
Yes. I’ve seen that study. Which I guess lowers the half full glass a bit. By the same token, no woman footballer is counting on AFLW as their main income in any way, so if she doesn’t get there it’s more about unfulfilled dreams. And we all have those.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes. I’ve seen that study. Which I guess lowers the half full glass a bit. By the same token, no woman footballer is counting on AFLW as their main income in any way, so if she doesn’t get there it’s more about unfulfilled dreams. And we all have those.

Oh absolutely, just makes me a bit sad watching so many women go down with knee injuries. Isn't something you'd wish on anyone.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Oh absolutely, just makes me a bit sad watching so many women go down with knee injuries. Isn't something you'd wish on anyone.
True. I even felt sorry for that woman who is Sheehan‘s daughter though she is a massive moron it has to be said.

Back