Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women’s team general discussion - Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I think carlton are highly overrated this season, and so far i haven't seen anything to change that

Was interesting watching last nights game with Newman and O'dea playing. Was disappointed they left but same issues with them, Newman not involved enough and O'dea not fit enough to cover the ground. Also Jakobsen leaving who is very talented.

Seems we are rated middle of the road which will mean early wins will be key.

Was interesting watching last nights game with Newman and O'dea playing. Was disappointed they left but same issues with them, Newman not involved enough and O'dea not fit enough to cover the ground. Also Jakobsen leaving who is very talented.

Seems we are rated middle of the road which will mean early wins will be key.

O'Dea always looks like she's about to tear the game apart, though. Was always one of my favourites.

Happy for Cricket to be at the G. PLayers need to play where test cricket is at.
Apparently Indian players don't!

But, if we go along with that premise: it's also worth asking where an AFLW grand final, featuring Melbourne as the home team, would be played. 0% chance of it being at Casey.

Apparently Indian players don't!

But, if we go along with that premise: it's also worth asking where an AFLW grand final, featuring Melbourne as the home team, would be played. 0% chance of it being at Casey.
Won't be at the G either . Probably at the AFL owned stadium in the city , the one with a roof . Or the AFL will invent a reason to ship it interstate .

Won't be at the G either . Probably at the AFL owned stadium in the city , the one with a roof . Or the AFL will invent a reason to ship it interstate .
Probably Marvel. If it's v Coll/Carl/Dogs maybe the G.
I'd say Ikon Park would have an even better chance, as was the case in 2018.

Point being nobody seems to be pushing to play home games there, even though it would theoretically help them prepare for a grand final by getting somewhat accustomed to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pearce back to her best it seems. Good to see.
Paxman going really well again. Like the look of McNamara and the forward line working well. If Cunningham can keep holding her marks it'll be a good mix with her, Zanker, Parry, Hore etc down there.

Yeah I think McNamara will be awesome for us.

Too right they overturned that suspension. Irish chick needs to turn her body when she gets the ball. It's like getting hit by a car, sure the driver must obey the speed limit and be culpable if they've done anything wrong. However if you just run out on the road without looking, that's on you.

Too right they overturned that suspension. Irish chick needs to turn her body when she gets the ball. It's like getting hit by a car, sure the driver must obey the speed limit and be culpable if they've done anything wrong. However if you just run out on the road without looking, that's on you.
I saw an article on it and the headline made it sound terrible because of the injury. Once I saw the footage there was nothing in it bloody click bait. Anyway north absolutely destroying Geelong.

I saw an article on it and the headline made it sound terrible because of the injury. Once I saw the footage there was nothing in it bloody click bait. Anyway north absolutely destroying Geelong.
I thought it was the chick equivalent Neil Sasche from the article

I then watched it.. by gee by jingo by crickey is there nothing in it

Its one area of skill all the women need to work on , not just turning the body , but actually being able to pick up a moving ball on the run , rather than stopping over the ball . It was a training drill to master the one handed scoop off the ground in the old days .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back