Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women’s team general discussion - Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Team is in , no change from last week , so Daisy won't play . I think we start as Big underdogs playing over there , but this group has shown a lot of heart the last few weeks so anything is possible .

Team is in , no change from last week , so Daisy won't play . I think we start as Big underdogs playing over there , but this group has shown a lot of heart the last few weeks so anything is possible .
Start will be huge. I expect there to be a big and vocal crowd in, will be important to get a couple early to settle the nerves.

Not like the Dees to be goalless to halftime in a prelim. Thought the girls were better than this. Been appalling moving forward. Just horrible..

It sounded like we'd ruled McNamara out of the game independent of the concussion test - I wouldn't say she's out of the GF (if we make it) just yet

It sounded like we'd ruled McNamara out of the game independent of the concussion test - I wouldn't say she's out of the GF (if we make it) just yet
Maybe but she looked off with the pixies coming off . We will need a big improvement to get up from here .

Maybe I was too quick to judge, and now my own bias stops me from seeing the truth. But is Birch super overrated? I've started just expecting her to lose the contest, fumble the loose ball, or if she does get a possession, it's uncontested and she bombs it out of the d50 to a waiting opposition playing. Then when one of those things happens I'm at peace with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe I was too quick to judge, and now my own bias stops me from seeing the truth. But is Birch super overrated? I've started just expecting her to lose the contest, fumble the loose ball, or if she does get a possession, it's uncontested and she bombs it out of the d50 to a waiting opposition playing. Then when one of those things happens I'm at peace with it.
She's usually good as a 3rd up type defender but has lost that this year. Very fumbly and dropping easy balls all year.
Entry into 50 woeful. Sad end to an otherwise solid year. Downie and Colvin have been good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back